“It’s a collision course. This is how it’s always had to be” | The Boneyard

“It’s a collision course. This is how it’s always had to be”

Reaction Score
I think the bigs cancel each other out mostly but clingan has the edge defensively . This game will be won by the perimeter guys. I think we have an edge there but they are plenty capable of hitting 3s. They aren’t anywhere near as Atheltic as Bama though

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think the bigs cancel each other out mostly but clingan has the edge defensively . This game will be won by the perimeter guys. I think we have an edge there but they are plenty capable of hitting 3s. They aren’t anywhere near as Atheltic as Bama though

Statistically for points and rebounds Edey better crush Clingan for Purdue to have a chance.

Unfortunately, Edey can easily win the battle one on one and UConn still wins by a bunch.

Reaction Score
This collision course has been for two years.

We have the opportunity to complete what one could view as a double championship within a 2-year season.

Remember, Alabama was last year's #1 overall seed and the team besides Purdue that many considered we'd have to go through to get to a championship.

We won through a chaotic field last year, many considered it underwhelming because we avoided the top teams. Well we came back and made sure we had a chance to finish the job.

Reaction Score
I think the difference will come down to Castle penitrating off the dribble and rolling off screens. The same for Karaban who quietly does it when the defense gets preoccupied with everyone else.

Reaction Score
Clingan hasn't had more than 3 fouls in our last 13 games. It bulletproofed this team because keeping him on the court while our shooting got inconsistent was enormous. If he keeps that streak going I think we're going to win by double-digits because we'll outclass them at every position.

We opened -5.5.

Reaction Score
I feel like our guards are going to destroy theirs. Not worried in the least.

caw

Reaction Score
Need to stay on shooters and hope DC can at least bother Edey. Smith is like Kolek light. They don’t have one guy that is going to put up 9-10 threes but they do a fantastic job of hitting open ones off the kick out on posts or penetration. And they can basically all shoot them aside from Edey. Only Smith and Jones are going to take contested ones. Newton needs to not get lost on defense (rare but he’s the most susceptible).

Edey will get his 25ish points and that’s fine if he gets them without UConn fouling.

I wouldn’t expect much from the post for Clingan but he can get some on rim runs I think bc he is much more mobile than Edey.

Reaction Score
If Clingan plays smart and stays vertical, I like our chances. He doesn’t need to block a shot of Edey’s and he shouldn’t jump to contest anything. Hand in the face to contest the hook and stay on the court.

Reaction Score
A little worried how we had to jump out on 3's in the first half. Purdue's bread and butter is Edey passing out for 3's.

Reaction Score
We are better at every position except the 5 and that is a push IMO

Reaction Score
Edey has really good touch even if he’s guarded well. He’s going to score, probably a lot. But we are going to win.
And we have to be OK with him getting "easy" buckets here and there without fouling. It's a momentum suck, but we can withstand that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom