Zion Comin' | The Boneyard

Zion Comin'

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Zion's NBA debut tonight and what a freaking 4th quarer!! The Pelicans have caught the meh Spurs on Zion's back.

So far 22 points and 4-4 on treys. Amazing rebound with a court-length dribble and pass for the assist.

He played 8 minutes in the first half. Must have been saving him for this explosion.

***Now out of the game with 18 minutes

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Last night meant nothing...I'll be rooting for the kid, but I'm predicting a bust.

Poe

Reaction Score
He needs to get his weight down. He looks fat asf. The athleticism isnt human.
He looked sluggish, definitely needs to drop some weight to stay healthy and make it through long nba seasons. Dropping weight would enhance his ridiculously athleticism.

Reaction Score
The weight issue is obvious.

NBA knees have a mileage limit. Kobe was able to string together success later in his career with more radical plasma treatments and he was thin framed. Shaq had a long career but didn’t run the floor or jump like Zion.

His window is probably shorter than most and you have the knees combined with a bad team right now to see how he can rack up career numbers and accolades.

Reaction Score

NBA knees have a mileage limit. Kobe was able to string together success later in his career with more radical plasma treatments and he was thin framed. Shaq had a long career but didn’t run the floor or jump like Zion.

His window is probably shorter than most and you have the knees combined with a bad team right now to see how he can rack up career numbers and accolades.

This is belied by LeBron of course. 35, 3rd most minutes, still a beast. It comes down to whether the kid wants to become LeBron, or Boris Diaw. But LeBron is maniacal about his body, his diet, his mechanics, everything. Its honestly the secret to LeBron, is his devotion to always being in top fitness and form.

I hope he gets in shape, because you can see what he would look like if he trims up. A basketball monster.

Reaction Score
Everyone says he needs to lose weight which i agree with but look at his frame. How much weight can he realistically lose without eating 3 carrot sticks a day?

Reaction Score
Did Barkley run the floor like him earlier on in his career when he was first coming out of Auburn?

Reaction Score

Uncut video of the four straight 3's, courtesy of R/NBA.

I stayed up to watch last night. It was awesome, I was grinning from ear-to-ear during this run. As much fun as I've had watching the league all year, and I watch a lot. It had been a tough game till this point and it felt real good to watch this go down. He's an easy kid to root for and there is so much pressure on him.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Lebron carries some weight

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I hope he's a bust. He's a Dukie and he clearly got paid somehow to attend Duke. I don't buy that he turned down Kansas money to play for Coach K for free. Can't wish him well. Tatum is the only former Dukie I root for.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I hope he's a bust. He's a Dukie and he clearly got paid somehow to attend Duke. I don't buy that he turned down Kansas money to play for Coach K for free. Can't wish him well. Tatum is the only former Dukie I root for.
Hate the team, not the kid unless they're an egregiously dirty player like Allen. Rooting against Zion is bush league.

Reaction Score

Uncut video of the four straight 3's, courtesy of R/NBA.

I stayed up to watch last night. It was awesome, I was grinning from ear-to-ear during this run. As much fun as I've had watching the league all year, and I watch a lot. It had been a tough game till this point and it felt real good to watch this go down. He's an easy kid to root for and there is so much pressure on him.

I watched 3 quarters mostly on delay but then caught up to live game late 3rd and turned it off. To that point it was a non-event. Whoops. Even still on the replays he's just walking around and wide open on those threes, they aren't exactly Harden stepbacks or Curry quick releases in someone's mug. Much more impressed with his two inside buckets during the stretch.
The reaction & hype to this game is particularly weird. Zion has likely been shooting lots of 3s while injured, but no one is expecting him to be a shooter and to me him hitting even FOUR 3's is only slightly 'worse' than Joel Embid's ridiculous perimeter fascination.

I doubt he hits 4 three's again this year and certainly won't be that wide open again. One play he literally was not guarded by anyone. Positive spin is its likely a good development that his 4 threes are national news as this will open driving lanes for the aspects of his game that can be extraordinary.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Hate the team, not the kid unless they're an egregiously dirty player like Allen. Rooting against Zion is bush league.
So I'm not allowed to dislike players in the league? Do I have to like Lebron too? I'm a Celtics fan. He doesn't play for my team and in college he played for the evil empire. I didn't wish him harm, just no success. Nothing bush league about it. If he was in college I wouldn't say it.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Everyone says he needs to lose weight which i agree with but look at his frame. How much weight can he realistically lose without eating 3 carrot sticks a day?

Plus the team is based in New Orleans, probably the worse place in the Universe to
maintain a good diet. Good luck Zion!!!!!

Reaction Score
Lebron carries some weight

At the NBA Draft, Lebron was listed at 6'8", 240. Today he's 6'9, 238 with 6.7% body fat.
Zion is listed between 275 and 285 and he's not at 6% body fat for sure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom