Zia Cooke and the power of twitter | The Boneyard

Zia Cooke and the power of twitter

Reaction Score
you can bet she'll be trying to score at that clip at SC next year until Dawn says otherwise.....
Considering she’s been pulling her hair out trying to get her recent point guards to be more proactive on offense, that’s a prospect Dawn is more than happy to take. Zia probably reminds Dawn a lot of herself who was no shrinking violet when it came to scoring when she was at UVA.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The clip of Fran Belibi's recent dunk is up to 3.4 million views, as well.

You're starting to see this happen more and more. It's really cool to see prominent NBA players and other cultural figures like Chance the Rapper promote women's hoops.

There's a long way to go but I do feel like there is some progress being made around shedding the stigma of women's basketball as "boring" or not worth watching.

Reaction Score
They’re obviously bringing something different to WBB and it should be great exposure for the sport. She went from just 2,000 followers on instagram to 42K in two days! Same thing happened to ONO when she dunked at the Powerade Jam Fest last year. These ladies are bringing the spotlight to WCBB and I’m here for it!

Reaction Score

You're starting to see this happen more and more. It's really cool to see prominent NBA players and other cultural figures like Chance the Rapper promote women's hoops.

There's a long way to go but I do feel like there is some progress being made around shedding the stigma of women's basketball as "boring" or not worth watching.

Fran said she heard about her views but she doesn’t have Social media, to be a teenager in this day and age and not have Social media she’s definitely different.

Reaction Score
Fran said she heard about her views but she doesn’t have Social media, to be a teenager in this day and age and not have Social media she’s definitely different.

She doesn’t have Twitter but she does have Instagram.

Reaction Score

it would mean even more if celebs showed up to the games court side..............gotta make a WNBA game more of a cool event to attend........I'll be sitting court side Christmas day at MSG and there's nothing cooler then seeing a bunch of celebs in the crowd

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
it would mean even more if celebs showed up to the games court side....gotta make a WNBA game more of a cool event to attend...I'll be sitting court side Christmas day at MSG and there's nothing cooler then seeing a bunch of celebs in the crowd

50 Cent came to a Chicago Sky game a couple years back after Imani McGee-Stafford waged a season-long social media campaign imploring him to do so.

Would definitely be cool if stuff like that happened more often (and required less begging).

Reaction Score
I’ve seen tons of NBA players at WNBA games last season. John Wall was at the all of the Mystics/Dream playoff games same with Trae Young and Dwight Howard. Damian Lillard, and Josh Hart was at a couple of Aces games as well and I think we’ll see more attending and promoting WBB in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom