Zero minutes for Omar | The Boneyard

Zero minutes for Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I mean, I know he's had a tough year, but it seems to me if you're up by 20, maybe you throw him in for some garbage time? I mean, if you can find time for non-contributors like Tolksdorf, Lenehan, and Tor Watts, I'm not sure how you can't find a single minute for Omar.

Granted, virtually no chance he suddenly lights it up, but I'm not sure keeping him glued to the bench when you're up by 20 with a minute left helps, either.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
You're right, I was expecting to see him in there with 2 minutes left. Not sure what happened.

Reaction Score
I don't know, for a guy who has been a contributor, garbage minutes are more of a slap in the face. Not to mention, he has had the hip and concussion issues.

Lets face it. No way he should be taking minutes from either Neils or Lasan right now. With some improvement, Omar could slide into one of those roles/minutes next year. Omar has had sophomore slump type season.

Reaction Score
He will be back next year and hopefully his game will be too. I don't know what two minutes of playing time in a blowout would really do for him? We're too deep into March for him to be getting minutes in crucial points of games so to me it makes no difference whether he sits or finishes out a blowout on the floor. I'm excited for him to have a healthy summer and return to form.

Reaction Score
Oh yeeeah, omar was a DNP! I was wondering why we were making so many of our 3s!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
According to some of the beat be left the court prior to the game for a bit. It's possible he was a late scratch?

Reaction Score
At this point having NG and DD at the 3-4 is our best offensive option. I'd much rather see Omar than Kromah, but neither is a good offensive option right now.

I mean, I know he's had a tough year, but it seems to me if you're up by 20, maybe you throw him in for some garbage time? I mean, if you can find time for non-contributors like Tolksdorf, Lenehan, and Tor Watts, I'm not sure how you can't find a single minute for Omar.

Granted, virtually no chance he suddenly lights it up, but I'm not sure keeping him glued to the bench when you're up by 20 with a minute left helps, either.

Reaction Score
I still think Omar can succeed. He was too good last year, and had good games against good teams.

Reaction Score
Ollie did the right thing by not giving him garbage time minutes. Also, I saw a few times how engaged and animated he was on the bench. It says a ton about this kid's character. Some players would sulk, Omar showed me a lot by doing the opposite.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If Omar was healthy, he should have played. I suspect he is not healthy.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Perhaps his surgery affected his performance throughout the year, as many have suspected. Perhaps because of that Ollie and Calhoun eventually came to an understanding that the best thing for all is to focus on the team succeeding this year, and Calhoun succeeding next year.

This is total speculation, in other words, a typical Boneyard post.

Reaction Score
KO was showing respect to him by not playing him with the walk ons, you don't do that to a guy who was once a starter and dbl figure scorer.

This. Exactly.

Reaction Score
Agree this wasn't the time. The time for Omar to step up is in practice. When Ollie can see solid effort and contribution during one practice, then another and another, then its time for him to get meaningful minutes is a game, not in garbage time. That's the way to get him back in the swing of things.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I still think Omar can succeed. He was too good last year, and had good games against good teams.
He was the single biggest reason Syracuse left the big east with the bad taste of Uconn iin their mouth. He hit some absolute dagger threes that game. I really like Omar and really hope he can put it back together.

Reaction Score
The consensus on the BY seems to be OC should have been a medical redshirt.
As he is a non -contributor this year. I wish him a recovery and a good season next year.
Just rememember when someone says our win over UF was tainted because they were short handed,OC started and played at least 15 minutes in that game.
So we beat them playing 5 on 4 for over a third of the game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
oc was valuable at times last year no doubt. this year-maybe injuries, maybe head issues- he is not a contributor so why embarrass him? let him work it out over the summer and I see him as a giffs type next year (hopeful)

Reaction Score
I'm still a big fan of Omar. he'll show up, just have the feeling

Reaction Score
KO did the right thing by not playing him. Samuel deserved the minutes. I suspect if DD had his shooting shoes on Omar may have had a shot at pt if he was available. Ya can't have 2 guys shooting blanks.

Reaction Score
At this point having NG and DD at the 3-4 is our best offensive option. I'd much rather see Omar than Kromah, but neither is a good offensive option right now.
Giffey may not be the best option against Cincinnati especially after the game he had against Memphis. None of his 3's were contested and he is an average shooter when he is defended. He will likey be accounted for tonight. Kromah gives us a slasher and better D although Giffey surprised me by taking it to the rim a few times last night and scoring. Giffey also rebounded very well but kromah is just better at it. As always, it will be situational substitution by Ollie. If Giffey can get open looks he'll be in there. If not, we'll see more of Kromah.

Reaction Score
Giffey may not be the best option against Cincinnati especially after the game he had against Memphis. None of his 3's were contested and he is an average shooter when he is defended. He will likey be accounted for tonight. Kromah gives us a slasher and better D although Giffey surprised me by taking it to the rim a few times last night and scoring. Giffey also rebounded very well but kromah is just better at it. As always, it will be situational substitution by Ollie. If Giffey can get open looks he'll be in there. If not, we'll see more of Kromah.

You drinking already? Giffey not only made open shots but he made contested shots and drives….no reason to think we can't get him open again so we need him to be good again! That's why we scored!

Reaction Score
If Cincy is game planning to stop Giffey it opens up things for everyone else, basketball 101.

Reaction Score
ESPN box score doesn't even have OC listed, never mind '0' minutes.

Reaction Score
I understand not throwing Omar in with the walk-ons as an insult, but we were up by 20 for virtually the entire game and he didn't even sniff the court. Is it an injury? Cause I cannot remember anytime in recent history when a player was so out of it that we just completely gave up on him for the entire season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom