Zags and Bruins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zags and Bruins

Reaction Score
Skinny, bony, anemic - yeah that can be said but he is so much different from Bowie or Sampson.
The kid can handle the ball like a PG, passes extremely well and has the range that Sampson, Bowie and all but a selected few can wish to have.
Will his frame find it difficult to deal with the bigger men he will see in the pros at his career start? yes but he will learn to work around it and any coach worth beans will find a way to fit him in on the court.
You are entitled to your opinion and I respect your views, however, I see a lot more upside on this truly unique talent than you. Yes I see similarity to KD in some areas but this kid will mix it up underneath - KD is adverse to rubbing elbows with anyone bigger than he regardless of his "frame"- the kid doesn't have KD's flash in an open or lightly contested drive to the hoop and the mid range jumper that KD has but KD didn't look like the KD now when he was 17/18 either.
Time will tell
You could easily find a dozen articles about Sampson wanting to play point in college and the NBA if they are archived, but I agree with you neither of those guys had an outside shot. Is Manute Bol a better comp ;)

Kidding but the other poster that mentions skinny guys thriving in the NBA is off. From the top of my head I'd say top 3 current skinny NBAers are Ingram (injured & plateau), Porzingis (injury derailed career) and Poku (honorable mention Tacko Fall who is actually 3bills). I'd like to see a 100M freestyle race between Holmgren & Tacko.

I haven't seen Holmgren play a full game so I don't have a firm opinion other than repeating pump the brakes before comparing him to KD (now its favorably on mixing it up inside?) who is the best scorer in the league right now and does drop into more of a rim protector come playoff time. KD averaged 26 and 11 in his one year of college, if Holmgren does that I'll eat my hat.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What about a pre-injury Porzingis as a comp?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22
Top Bottom