Zags: Adama Sanogo declaring for the NBA Draft | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Zags: Adama Sanogo declaring for the NBA Draft

Reaction Score
The guy is just a freak when it comes to improvement. I think he can elevate his game enough with time, the question will be if he can overcome his lack of explosive athleticism. Plenty of guys have made it in the NBA with less athleticism by having great skills, footwork and instincts. Hopefully, Adama is one of them. He’s so deserving.

Reaction Score
Travis Knight played 7 years in the NBA and we’re guessing that Adama won’t ever. How things have changed for big men
Travis was really running the floor at 7’, which was rare back then. He would be a better prospect today. They’d have him shooting 3’s too.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
The guy is just a freak when it comes to improvement. I think he can elevate his game enough with time, the question will be if he can overcome his lack of explosive athleticism. Plenty of guys have made it in the NBA with less athleticism by having great skills, footwork and instincts. Hopefully, Adama is one of them. He’s so deserving.
He’s a 250 lb ballet dancer around the basket I think that may overcome explosiveness

Reaction Score
Travis Knight played 7 years in the NBA and we’re guessing that Adama won’t ever. How things have changed for big men

Travis and his game would still fit in this NBA I believe. Not a better player than Adamo but a better fit, 7 footer who could shoot it and played more like a 4 very agile. Wouldn’t be a star but would make rosters. Hope the same for AS.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He just turned 21 and having started playing at like 14 or 15 his skill set is unfathomable and continues to grow. Think about the footwork and two hand finishing he came in with from HS! His "Big Man Camp" was in HS so he came in with a lot of polish from the get-go. He has to be one of the most teachable and hardest working players we ever had. LOL one thing he picked up this past year was how to try to work around the 7-2 young monster Clingan. What a school they put on for each other! We have seen some astonishing young men come into this program over the years and I wish him the best but I hope he can come back to finish one more year and his overall offensive game. Another very special player who will not be forgotten no matter which way it turns out.

Reaction Score
The NBA “gurus” on this board who profess to know everything make me laugh. Adama was the MVP and won us a national championship. Tremendous footwork and skills around the rim and he consistently improves from year to year with a ridiculous work ethic. He dominated and shut down highly touted big men on the way, yet he’s not going to have an NBA career? It’s too dumb to even argue about.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The NBA “gurus” on this board who profess to know everything make me laugh. Adama was the MVP and won us a national championship. Tremendous footwork and skills around the rim and he consistently improves from year to year with a ridiculous work ethic. He dominated and shut down highly touted big men on the way, yet he’s not going to have an NBA career? It’s too dumb to even argue about.

Are those the only qualities of good NBA prospects?

We’re all rooting for him, he’s a great player.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Every great college player has had an nba career?

Reaction Score
Yeah this list of MOPs players is just loaded with guys who had great NBA careers. We're all rooting for Adama and I hope he does have a long NBA career, but winning a championship/MOP and dominating other great college bigs who will never sniff the NBA is meaningless

Screenshot_2023-05-07_090955.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He showed that he could guard in space in the Miami game. He’s quicker than we give him credit for. Definitely a lot of Al Horford in his game. Not as tall, but tall enough. I expect him to impress some people at the combine and earn a long career.

Reaction Score
:oops:I don’t care what anyone says, this guy is an NBA player. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone so consistent around the basket as him. He’s tough, strong and has a real developing 3 point shot. If he’s not drafted, I would be shocked.

Hate to say but Timme was one of best and craftiest I’ve ever seen (not against us) around the basket but I doubt he will see much NBA time. Sanogo as it turns out has a much better chance to find a roster, and he proved it head on. Kid deserves it hope someone sees the fit. Maybe KO and Detroit?:oops::oops:

Reaction Score
Maybe it wasn’t an easy decision. But if he decided to stay in college for NIL it wouldn’t have been at UConn. And as sad as it would’ve been to see him in another college uniform, it shouldn’t have been at UConn.

There are a lot of moving parts to running a college program . Roster management and keeping promises to players is one of them . Coach Hurley is building this program for the long haul. It was ALWAYS the plan that Adama was gone this year. Clingan wasn’t coming back next year to play 13 minutes a game. He is the heir apparent . Has been from day 1. There aren’t minutes on next years squad for both of them. It had to be one or the other.

Adama having the run he had in tourney was the best possible scenario for all. I’m glad he is going to draft . He just won FF mop on a natty team. His value will never be higher. We can talk until we are blue in the face about whether his game translates to the current NBA. It doesn’t matter. He is what he is.

This kid has a legendary work ethic, we’ve seen it first hand for 3 years. Does anyone really want to bet against him being successful going forward? I definitely don’t. He will find a way. That's what I’d bet on.
All anyone has to do is reflect on how few years he's played the game, what he could do when he came to UConn and how he dominated virtually every opponent this year.
No one should doubt his ability to carve out a meaningful career in the NBA. He's proven he's serious about working for it and continuing to develop his skills, whereas others who've been hyped and coasted will have a harder time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom