Youtube TV no longer offers SNY - how to stream the SNY games on my computer (CA zip code)? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Youtube TV no longer offers SNY - how to stream the SNY games on my computer (CA zip code)?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Thanks for that heads up! Looks like ESPN does not carry SNY this year. Now I am on the hunt for a solution!
If you get FS1 through your cable provider and
1. you have a streaming device (Roku or Firestick), you can stream the games live on the Fox Sports app/channel.
2. you don't have a streaming device, you can watch online using FoxSports.com and use the Full Event Schedule link to get to date of the SNY games.
Hope this helps.

Reaction Score
If you get FS1 through your cable provider and
1. you have a streaming device (Roku or Firestick), you can stream the games live on the Fox Sports app/channel.
2. you don't have a streaming device, you can watch online using FoxSports.com and use the Full Event Schedule link to get to date of the SNY games.
Hope this helps.
I am fully subscribed to FoxSports.com online. There's hope! Thanks, again...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ESPN3 carries all UCONN SNY games online
You can subscribe to ESPN+ to get ESPN3.
If your cable provider has ESPN, you can get ESPN3 online games.
Been doing it for years, also from a CA zip code)
Since we moved from the American to the Big East we are no longer affiliated with ESPN. I don’t believe they will be broadcasting any SNY games on ESPN3.

Reaction Score
When accessing the Fox Sports app/channel or using FoxSports.com, you may need to select your tv provider (and login as required) so that Fox can verify that you also have access to Fox Sports (FS1).
Apps are usually considered as smart phone based (and you have icons for each on your phone) and apps/channels are usually considered when using a streaming service (and again there are icons for each one. I am only familiar with Roku and Firestick). Computers can refer to them as either apps or websites (FB is considered by many to be an app even though you get to it by typing in their URL). When using a computer, this is why you need to enter the URL, www.foxsports.com in order to reach the website (or you can add them as a Favorite and your browser saves the URL).

As I recommended above, if using a computer to access SNY's streaming using Fox Sports, try viewing the schedule for Nov. 14, or any day before then, and make sure you can view what events are on their schedule.

Thanks, Centerstream. Do you know if this is applicable regardless of your location, for instance, SNY regions (NY,NJ,CT) as well as CA, TX, FD etc? If it is true, I would definitely sign up with Sling Blue, which has FS1 - and $10/first month and $35 thereafter.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Thanks, Centerstream. Do you know if this is applicable regardless of your location, for instance, SNY regions (NY,NJ,CT) as well as CA, TX, FD etc? If it is true, I would definitely sign up with Sling Blue, which has FS1 - and $10/first month and $35 thereafter.
Using the Fox Sports option is for out-of-market users, meaning you don't have SNY as part of your viewing options.
If you live in the SNY viewing area, then you would watch on SNY. If you have SNY but for some reason are not in the viewing area at game time, you can stream the game using the NBCSPORTS app. I am totally unfamiliar with this option.
If you are not able to get SNY and have a tv provider with FS1, then what I posted is applicable to all locations (in the US).

Reaction Score
I've cut the cord. No cable whatsoever. Bought a fire cube. Subscribed to a VPN ($30.00 a year), subscribed to an IPTV provider ($3.00 a month) and subscribed to Tivimate ($30.00 a year). My IPTV has over 4,500 channels. 240 of them are US local channels from 49 states. I don't know why, but no New Jersey channels. As such I get every NFL game. All sports channels, including SNY, NESN, Yes and NCAA football and basketball games. Tivimate is my EPG (electronic program guide), which allows me to record all of the games. I don't miss cable whatsoever.

Reaction Score
I've cut the cord. No cable whatsoever. Bought a fire cube. Subscribed to a VPN ($30.00 a year), subscribed to an IPTV provider ($3.00 a month) and subscribed to Tivimate ($30.00 a year). My IPTV has over 4,500 channels. 240 of them are US local channels from 49 states. I don't know why, but no New Jersey channels. As such I get every NFL game. All sports channels, including SNY, NESN, Yes and NCAA football and basketball games. Tivimate is my EPG (electronic program guide), which allows me to record all of the games. I don't miss cable whatsoever.
This is amazing! Did you design this by yourself? Are there companies/individuals who can design something like this for a multi TV household? (I'm not going to get there on my own...) And most importantly, will it have the channels my wife will want?!? :)

Reaction Score
According to the information on Fox Sports, Youtube TV, Sling, Hulu, Fubo, Vidgo, and DirecTV Stream are all accepted providers for accessing the Fox Sports app. But you can only download the app on the following devices:
  • Android (app v5.1 and Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or above)
  • iOS (app v5.1 and iOS 12 or above)
  • Apple TV (app v3.25 and Gen 4 or above)
  • Roku (app v3.24 and Roku OS 9 and above)
  • Fire TV (app v3.25 and above)
  • Android TV (app v3.25 and above)
  • Xbox One (app v3.22 and above)
No mention of being able to stream on your laptop or desktop via your browser. So it seems this would be unavailable to me since I have no interest in watching games on a small smartphone screen and I don't have a tv to use with Roku or Fire TV device. Feel free to jump in if I'm overlooking something.

For anyone unsure of how to activate the Fox Sports app, this page explains it all.

TWG236 has an interesting set-up; I already have VPN access via my email provider but wasn't aware of IPTV providers or Tivimate. I'll look into those to see if they require a TV or if you can use those services on a laptop.

Reaction Score
According to the information on Fox Sports, Youtube TV, Sling, Hulu, Fubo, Vidgo, and DirecTV Stream are all accepted providers for accessing the Fox Sports app. But you can only download the app on the following devices:
  • Android (app v5.1 and Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) or above)
  • iOS (app v5.1 and iOS 12 or above)
  • Apple TV (app v3.25 and Gen 4 or above)
  • Roku (app v3.24 and Roku OS 9 and above)
  • Fire TV (app v3.25 and above)
  • Android TV (app v3.25 and above)
  • Xbox One (app v3.22 and above)
No mention of being able to stream on your laptop or desktop via your browser. So it seems this would be unavailable to me since I have no interest in watching games on a small smartphone screen and I don't have a tv to use with Roku or Fire TV device. Feel free to jump in if I'm overlooking something.

For anyone unsure of how to activate the Fox Sports app, this page explains it all.

TWG236 has an interesting set-up; I already have VPN access via my email provider but wasn't aware of IPTV providers or Tivimate. I'll look into those to see if they require a TV or if you can use those services on a laptop.
SF Jeff...
Carmel Cliff here...
FoxSports.com on your laptop or PC doesn't carry SNY, but the mobile app does. Confirmed.
YouTube.TV carries local channels based on your zip. No SNY in CA.

I found a solution, which works for me. I have already setup recording for Sunday's game.
I signed up for Hulu+Live TV using my CT attorney's zip code: 06037 when asked to setup my login.
Cost: $64.99/month. I will keep it active until after the SNY games are done.
I pay with a Credit Card that has a Carmel billing zip code: 93922,
When I signed in to watch, I had to activate Location Services on my iMac desktop. I figured it would fail at this point, seeing my desktop is located in Carmel, CA. It did not fail!

When I signed in to Hulu, to stream it online, I setup SNY as my only favorite channel.

I went to Sunday's schedule and SNY had the Arkansas game scheduled. I clicked to record the game, but I also plan to watch it live.

Solution costs a bit, but I get all the SNY games and shows!

UCONN women can be streamed in CA with this solution!

Let me know if this works for you!

Reaction Score
Lurker, I purchased my IPTV provider's 5 tv plan. $150.00 a year. I utilize 2 ( living & bedroom), daughter in Washington State, daughter in Florida and best friend in Connecticut utilize the other 3. They reimburse me $30.00 each. It has every channel offered by cable and many that aren't. Best part is the UK, Canada and Irish channels. UK TV shows are some of the best I've ever seen. All the movies and sports channels are included. Very easy to set up.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
TWG236, after reading ALL of the responses to the OP’s query, it appears that you have the best and least expensive solution to his (or anyone else) inability to get SNY programs.

I have DirecTV, and have access to SNY for an additional fee. I pay $192.00 a month (not including the sports package), and I don’t get the number of stations you do, nor all of the sports channels you do.

I like the fact that you can also record all games for later viewing. I certainly appears that your set up is the model for the avid sports fan, and UConn fans specifically outside of the SNY viewing area. Thanks.

Reaction Score
CMC'72: So glad you found that work-around and it worked. I'm also very surprised. I just subscribed to youtube TV as you know, and there were a few places to enter your "home" zip code and a zip from which you may be temporarily watching content. I of course entered my SF zip so I'm not sure switching that would work at this point, nor am I at all sure that I could sneak that past the gatekeepers (automated or otherwise). Geolocation has to be enabled to subscribe, so one would think there was no chance of it working - but you proved the exception at least with Hulu. It will be interesting to see if your luck holds throughout the season (fingers crossed!).

I agree with Carnac that TWG236's solution also seems very enticing and offers a wider range than most any service available to us through more traditional vendors. Unfortunately, I have been so very busy over the past several days that I have had very little time to investigate the various options discussed in this thread, thus my posting only 1x/day and very late in the evening before hitting the sack. Time is running out for the Arkansas game though, so I hope to find some time tomorrow to figure something out.

I very much appreciate the thoughts, ideas, and suggestions that posters have contributed to this thread.

I finally heard back from SNY several days after emailing them. Nothing we don't already know really, but here's their response.:

Thank you for contacting SNY. Outside of SNY’s regional territory the network is available on DirecTV (nationwide), and in select Verizon Fios and AT&T U-Verse markets.

Outside of SNY’s territory, UConn women’s game broadcasts this season are also going to be made available to stream through the Fox Sports app. If Fox is part of your TV package, you should be able to access games at no additional cost through the Fox Sports app or online by signing in at https://www.foxsports.com/ with your TV log-in credentials. Please note that SNY does not control or operate the game stream or schedule so you’ll need to reach out to Fox Sports with any specific questions/issues.

Reaction Score
SF Jeff...
Carmel Cliff here...
FoxSports.com on your laptop or PC doesn't carry SNY, but the mobile app does. Confirmed.
YouTube.TV carries local channels based on your zip. No SNY in CA.

I found a solution, which works for me. I have already setup recording for Sunday's game.
I signed up for Hulu+Live TV using my CT attorney's zip code: 06037 when asked to setup my login.
Cost: $64.99/month. I will keep it active until after the SNY games are done.
I pay with a Credit Card that has a Carmel billing zip code: 93922,
When I signed in to watch, I had to activate Location Services on my iMac desktop. I figured it would fail at this point, seeing my desktop is located in Carmel, CA. It did not fail!

When I signed in to Hulu, to stream it online, I setup SNY as my only favorite channel.
I went to Sunday's schedule and SNY had the Arkansas game scheduled. I clicked to record the game, but I also plan to watch it live.

Solution costs a bit, but I get all the SNY games and shows!

UCONN women can be streamed in CA with this solution!

Let me know if this works for you!
Can you use a vpn to mask your up address location. Worked last season for YouTube tv.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Can you use a vpn to mask your up address location. Worked last season for YouTube tv.
I find it interesting that you were able to use a vpn with YTTV last year to get SNY broadcasts. I also tried using a vpn, with a NYC server, for my YTTV but was not able to get SNY because when I subscribed to YTTV, it used my physical location for my account settings. I did not figure out how to edit the location, so I gave up knowing that I had the Fox Sports app/channel on my Roku and Firestick.

Reaction Score
I have a good vpn. Let me try and I will report back!
Thanks for the suggestion.
C

Reaction Score
I find it interesting that you were able to use a vpn with YTTV last year to get SNY broadcasts. I also tried using a vpn, with a NYC server, for my YTTV but was not able to get SNY because when I subscribed to YTTV, it used my physical location for my account settings. I did not figure out how to edit the location, so I gave up knowing that I had the Fox Sports app/channel on my Roku and Firestick.
Since I paid by credit card I gave them a relatives address in CT when I signed up. Just always made sure I had the vpn turned on before I logged in to YTTV. I would get a message occasionally asking if I was traveling from home, I just ignored it. Worked for the season.

Reaction Score
The FoxSports.com app appears to work well here even though the game is not available on our local cable service on FS1 or 2. I will see in the morning if it's actually there.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
The FoxSports.com app appears to work well here even though the game is not available on our local cable service on FS1 or 2. I will see in the morning if it's actually there.
The game doesn't have to be on your local Fox station, FS1 or 2 to be available on the Fox Sports app. It does, however, have to be on SNY to be available on the Fox Sports app and FoxSports.com.

If the game is on a local Fox station, FS1 or FS2, it will also be available for streaming on the Fox Sports app and FoxSports.com.

If the game is on CBSSN or any ESPN station, it will not be available for streaming on the Fox Sports app or FoxSports.com.

Reaction Score
For the record, for me in California, the game was not on foxsports.com or the NBCsports app. I couldn't get it until I clicked on a SNY link showing the game in the Arkansas area. SNY was blocked for me in California. I am tracked and SNY knew apparently that it wasn't on my cable outlet when I entered it. Maybe I could set up a VPN line and hack it. Not sure the effort is worth it to meI didn't even see it of flohoops but I was unwilling to fork out the $150 to find out for sure. You can play it back out of town also from this link: https://www.fox.com/watch/09681eb64a880845bb8f19d20d19cecb/

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I've found that on my PC I can stream the SNY games at FOX.com/sports/ but not foxsports.com. They are NOT the same and are not linked to each other.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
For what it's worth, I've found that on my PC I can stream the SNY games at FOX.com/sports/ but not foxsports.com. They are NOT the same and are not linked to each other.
This is good news. I for one have been posting that the games are available on FoxSports.com.
I apologize to all for my misinformation.

Reaction Score
Last year I was a happy camper subscribing to youtubeTV as they carried all UConn games whether on SNY, ESPN family, Fox, CBS, etc. Crystal clear video and no streaming lag whatsoever. Yesterday I was going to sign up again for this season but noticed SNY was not listed among the channels available to me here in San Francisco. So I contacted YoutubeTV and it was confirmed to me that SNY is now only available to viewers in its home market (NY, Conn, NJ) but did not explain why that changed from last year.

I then checked Hulu, Fubo, and a few others to find that none of them currently carry SNY. My strong preference is to sign up with a single carrier that offers all of UConn games, but that seems unlikely at this point. Youtube and the like is expensive enough without having to sign up with a second vendor. But my options seem limited.

I contacted SNY itself to ask how and where I could live stream/record their broadcasts but it's been two days and I have not received a response. So I'm wondering:

1. Does anyone know of a single vendor that would carry the national channels as well as SNY? Seems unlikely but I have to ask in case I'm missing something.

2. I can certainly subscribe to youtubeTV again and at least get the higher profile games on ESPN, etc. But how to be able to watch the SNY games? Someone mentioned that FS1 has an app for SNY content; would that work on a computer or is that only for smart phones?

Btw, I don't have a TV and watch all games on my laptop. And I read the boneyard regularly and have seen the threads that talk about ways to stream the games but haven't yet seen any good solutions for my location and set-up. Hoping for a solution to save my viewing season!
If you can subscribe to Direct TV, they carry SNY. And have pretty much any other sports packages you want as well. I live in Ca. as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom