Youtube TV no longer offers SNY - how to stream the SNY games on my computer (CA zip code)? | The Boneyard

Youtube TV no longer offers SNY - how to stream the SNY games on my computer (CA zip code)?

Reaction Score
Last year I was a happy camper subscribing to youtubeTV as they carried all UConn games whether on SNY, ESPN family, Fox, CBS, etc. Crystal clear video and no streaming lag whatsoever. Yesterday I was going to sign up again for this season but noticed SNY was not listed among the channels available to me here in San Francisco. So I contacted YoutubeTV and it was confirmed to me that SNY is now only available to viewers in its home market (NY, Conn, NJ) but did not explain why that changed from last year.

I then checked Hulu, Fubo, and a few others to find that none of them currently carry SNY. My strong preference is to sign up with a single carrier that offers all of UConn games, but that seems unlikely at this point. Youtube and the like is expensive enough without having to sign up with a second vendor. But my options seem limited.

I contacted SNY itself to ask how and where I could live stream/record their broadcasts but it's been two days and I have not received a response. So I'm wondering:

1. Does anyone know of a single vendor that would carry the national channels as well as SNY? Seems unlikely but I have to ask in case I'm missing something.

2. I can certainly subscribe to youtubeTV again and at least get the higher profile games on ESPN, etc. But how to be able to watch the SNY games? Someone mentioned that FS1 has an app for SNY content; would that work on a computer or is that only for smart phones?

Btw, I don't have a TV and watch all games on my laptop. And I read the boneyard regularly and have seen the threads that talk about ways to stream the games but haven't yet seen any good solutions for my location and set-up. Hoping for a solution to save my viewing season!

Reaction Score
I believe you can use the Fox Sports App to view the games that are on SNY. I was in Florida last winter, and was able to use the app to view all games. It does not matter if you provider carries SNY. It matters that they carry the Fox Sports channel(s). Not sure if you need to have both FS1 and FS2 or just FS1. I was able the app on a laptop last winter.

Good luck!

Reaction Score
YouTube TV DOES carry SNY...there was a dispute over the summer, but it was settled before any channel disruption!!

Reaction Score
YouTube TV DOES carry SNY...there was a dispute over the summer, but it was settled before any channel disruption!!
SFJeff stated: “Yesterday”, I was going to sign up again for this season, but noticed SNY was not listed among the channels available to me here in San Francisco.

So I contacted YoutubeTV and it was confirmed to me that SNY is now only available to viewers in its home market (NY, Conn, NJ)

Wildman13, are you in the CT, NJ, NY area? I am. We maybe able to view SNY, but it appears that SFJeff may not.

What a bummer not having SNY to watch UCONN!

Reaction Score
Last year I was a happy camper subscribing to youtubeTV as they carried all UConn games whether on SNY, ESPN family, Fox, CBS, etc. Crystal clear video and no streaming lag whatsoever. Yesterday I was going to sign up again for this season but noticed SNY was not listed among the channels available to me here in San Francisco. So I contacted YoutubeTV and it was confirmed to me that SNY is now only available to viewers in its home market (NY, Conn, NJ) but did not explain why that changed from last year.

I then checked Hulu, Fubo, and a few others to find that none of them currently carry SNY. My strong preference is to sign up with a single carrier that offers all of UConn games, but that seems unlikely at this point. Youtube and the like is expensive enough without having to sign up with a second vendor. But my options seem limited.

I contacted SNY itself to ask how and where I could live stream/record their broadcasts but it's been two days and I have not received a response. So I'm wondering:

1. Does anyone know of a single vendor that would carry the national channels as well as SNY? Seems unlikely but I have to ask in case I'm missing something.

2. I can certainly subscribe to youtubeTV again and at least get the higher profile games on ESPN, etc. But how to be able to watch the SNY games? Someone mentioned that FS1 has an app for SNY content; would that work on a computer or is that only for smart phones?

Btw, I don't have a TV and watch all games on my laptop. And I read the boneyard regularly and have seen the threads that talk about ways to stream the games but haven't yet seen any good solutions for my location and set-up. Hoping for a solution to save my viewing season!
Directv offers a package where you can get SNY anywhere in the country. I have already set Arkansas game to be recorded—just in case I can’t be home. I watched every UConn game for years (I had to use FloSports for those odd tourneys).

Reaction Score
SNY is in YouTube's Channel Listing as of this morning.

The problem is SNY is only offered in some zip codes. My old CT zip has it, but my Virginia one does not carry it. Hoping the fox app works!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I have been using YTTV as my tv provider for a few years now and at no point could I get SNY here in NC. The channels I have access to are based upon my location as designated in the settings that I made when I subscribed.
I am really amazed that others in a different part of the country (CA) were able to view SNY.
The good news is that if you are streaming YTTV then you have FS1 and will be able to use the Fox Sports app/channel to watch the SNY games live.

Reaction Score
I believe you can use the Fox Sports App to view the games that are on SNY. I was in Florida last winter, and was able to use the app to view all games. It does not matter if you provider carries SNY. It matters that they carry the Fox Sports channel(s). Not sure if you need to have both FS1 and FS2 or just FS1. I was able the app on a laptop last winter.

Good luck!
This is essentially correct, though you must be a cable subscriber with Fox on your menu. You can't access Fox Sports w/out that.
PS/You made a mistake moving to CA. How ya gonna watch the Mets, fella?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
It depends on your region. It's not on YouTube TV where I live. But indeed FS1 or FS2 carried the SNY games.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Got it in Jersey…
B43A5090-2856-4787-B568-20036B9B4624.jpeg

Reaction Score
those of us in se ct with atlantic broadband are suffering the same fate - no sny = no ucw and no mets. i will try the fox app, but not too hopeful. maybe thru a firestick ??

Centerstream

Reaction Score
those of us in se ct with atlantic broadband are suffering the same fate - no sny = no ucw and no mets. i will try the fox app, but not too hopeful. maybe thru a firestick ??
You can add the Fox Sports app to your Firestick

Reaction Score
I live in Berkeley and I have Directv and I watch everything on my computer. Dokey reported that Directv has a package that allows SNY throughout the country. I just called Directv and they said they don't have SNY. I've watched every Husky game for the last ten years. So is there a way to watch UConn on Directv. I do not have a smart phone so the Fox app wouldn't work. Any help is appreciated.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
I live in Berkeley and I have Directv and I watch everything on my computer. Dokey reported that Directv has a package that allows SNY throughout the country. I just called Directv and they said they don't have SNY. I've watched every Husky game for the last ten years. So is there a way to watch UConn on Directv. I do not have a smart phone so the Fox app wouldn't work. Any help is appreciated.
Three years ago when I cut the cord, I received SNY as part of their "Sports" package, for $9.95/month. No idea if it is still offered.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Not having a tv should not be an issue if you are streaming YouTube TV to your laptop.
You need to go to FoxSports.com. (At some point you are to furnish your TV Provider, YouTubeTV) Then navigate to the Full Live Sports schedule. Please be aware that the UConn games don't show up on the schedule until 10 minutes (sometimes even less) before the game starts, for instance for the Arkansas game, it should show up sometime after 12:50PM.
Hope this helps. You should try this out beforehand. If you try it before Sunday, the schedule for the 14th will have games listed but not the UConn WBB game.
Good luck.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
See my post above about using FoxSports.com but you will need to use DirecTV as your tv provider. This is only applicable if you don't have SNY with DirecTV.
I am guessing that you're using the new DirecTV streaming service, right?

Reaction Score
Thanks Centerstream for your detailed advice. I am using the new DirecTV streaming service. I will try what you advise. Thanks again for your help. I've been looking forward to watching this great Husky team for the last seven months. I would hate to miss any games.

Reaction Score
Please be aware that the UConn games don't show up on the schedule until 10 minutes (sometimes even less) before the game starts, for instance for the Arkansas game, it should show up sometime after 12:50PM.
This happened last year, thank you your reminder.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Thanks Centerstream for your detailed advice. I am using the new DirecTV streaming service. I will try what you advise. Thanks again for your help. I've been looking forward to watching this great Husky team for the last seven months. I would hate to miss any games.
I'm glad that got clarified, I don't really do any streaming. But I do most certainly get SNY here in Arizona as part of the DirecTV sports package on TV.

I did get the Fox app at some point when my local Fox station's owner was fighting with DirecTV and we couldn't get a football game we wanted to see. Next year, when NFL Sunday Ticket goes streaming, I may have to change my avoidance of it.

Reaction Score
Thanks for all your replies. Some responses:

To all who see SNY available on YTTV, keep in mind that this is very much location based. If you plug in my zip code (94103), which I must do to subscribe, you will not see SNY among the listings.

I had thought that apps were only smart phone based and were not designed to work on computers. But Sheafan33 apparently was able to view the Fox Sports app games on his laptop, so not sure what to make of that. I will look into using YTTV as my provider to gain access to the Fox Sports app, and try to find out if indeed you can run it on a laptop and what the requirements may be.

I had assumed that when a provider is required for access, this meant any of the cable or satellite providers as opposed to streaming services such as YTTV. Maybe I'm mistaken; according to Centerstream YTTV does qualify as an accepted provider.

It's very odd that SNY games don't show up on the FS app until 10 minutes before tip off. I guess this means this service is streaming-only and cannot be recorded? Last year I often set YTTV to record the UConn games as I am sometimes still at work here on the west coast when east coast games begin.

It was all so simple and enjoyable for me last year! Clearly I have much to investigate to see if and how I'll be able to see all the games on SNY (sigh....).

Not sure if the replays will be posted as SNY may be enforcing their copyright more than in years past. Regardless, when I watched the replays in past years the video was generally not that great, so that is always a very last option for me.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
When accessing the Fox Sports app/channel or using FoxSports.com, you may need to select your tv provider (and login as required) so that Fox can verify that you also have access to Fox Sports (FS1).
Apps are usually considered as smart phone based (and you have icons for each on your phone) and apps/channels are usually considered when using a streaming service (and again there are icons for each one. I am only familiar with Roku and Firestick). Computers can refer to them as either apps or websites (FB is considered by many to be an app even though you get to it by typing in their URL). When using a computer, this is why you need to enter the URL, www.foxsports.com in order to reach the website (or you can add them as a Favorite and your browser saves the URL).

As I recommended above, if using a computer to access SNY's streaming using Fox Sports, try viewing the schedule for Nov. 14, or any day before then, and make sure you can view what events are on their schedule.

Reaction Score
ESPN3 carries all UCONN SNY games online
You can subscribe to ESPN+ to get ESPN3.
If your cable provider has ESPN, you can get ESPN3 online games.
Been doing it for years, also from a CA zip code)

Centerstream

Reaction Score
If I look at the ESPN Watch schedule for Sunday, November 14th, the 1PM UConn game vs Arkansas on SNY is not listed.
I do subscribe to ESPN+.

Reaction Score
If I look at the ESPN Watch schedule for Sunday, November 14th, the 1PM UConn game vs Arkansas on SNY is not listed.
I do subscribe to ESPN+.
Thanks for that heads up! Looks like ESPN does not carry SNY this year. Now I am on the hunt for a solution!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom