YOUR UConn Huskies! | The Boneyard

YOUR UConn Huskies!

Reaction Score
I'm gonna try watching the women's ice hockey team and see if it catches on with me. In my youth I watched a lot of professional ice hockey, but I've mellowed out quite a bit, so now I just watch MMA.
Women's college hockey is a good product. With the rules limiting body contact it's a much more free flowing game than the men's version. I've had the pleasure of watching world class players perform for Cornell over the past 35 years.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Women's college hockey is a good product. With the rules limiting body contact it's a much more free flowing game than the men's version. I've had the pleasure of watching world class players perform for Cornell over the past 35 years.
I have to say that men’s college hockey is pretty free-flowing as well. The days of the old Philadelphia “Broad Street Bullies” style of hockey have passed us by, I think. If you find the time watch the men’s game as well. They are playing a really nice style of hockey right now.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I assumed fighting in college hockey was strictly prohibited and any subsequent penalty was ejection from the game?

Reaction Score
I assumed fighting in college hockey was strictly prohibited and any subsequent penalty was ejection from the game?
You are correct on that front. Additionally any significant physical contact to the head of an opponent is a 5 minute major penalty and automatic ejection from a contest

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
My younger daughter played ice hockey until her sophomore year in high school. I thoroughly enjoyed watching her and her teammates grow from being a really terrible team to one that played for the state high school championship.

Reaction Score
My Doctorate is from IU, but watching Bobby Knight get away with throwing chairs on the court and choking one of his players permanently soured me. I root for any opposing team when they play.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Nice! It is good to be a UCONN fan in the middle of Indiana!
What part of Indiana? I was born in Lafayette, lived in both West Lafayette and Lafayette before joining the Army.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom