Your thoughts on this tweet | The Boneyard

Your thoughts on this tweet

Reaction Score
IMG_1326.jpg

Reaction Score
I can picture Geno in Florida, golfing with buddies, and laughing about what a surprisingly great year it was, how it's good to spread the wealth every once-in-a-while, and approaching the green pin high and thinking, wow, Z is taller than that pin and we are going to crush everyone next year....

Reaction Score
Visiting other boards it doesn't take long to pick up on the fact that UConn in general and Geno in particular are viewed as the evil empire incarnate. Sometimes it's done in a way that's amusing while other times the intensity of opprobrium is disturbing. I have to remind myself occasionally that it's only a game but there's a large contingent who have totally lost sight of that and would find the suggestion offensive to a ridiculous degree. For myself, as a connoisseur of the fringes of human behaviour I have to wonder how long the craftsman behind the original tweet sat in a dark, windowless room to think that up? As usual, the statement has a lot more to say about the author than the subject.

Reaction Score
Visiting other boards it doesn't take long to pick up on the fact that UConn in general and Geno in particular are viewed as the evil empire incarnate. Sometimes it's done in a way that's amusing while other times the intensity of opprobrium is disturbing. I have to remind myself occasionally that it's only a game but there's a large contingent who have totally lost sight of that and would find the suggestion offensive to a ridiculous degree. For myself, as a connoisseur of the fringes of human behaviour I have to wonder how long the craftsman behind the original tweet sat in a dark, windowless room to think that up? As usual, the statement has a lot more to say about the author than the subject.
Haven't checked the other boards since the tournament (not wanting to read the Schadenfreude). But I have to say that, as the season wore on, I saw increasing amounts of admiration for Geno on those boards. Very similar to what people say about Bill Belichick on opposing football boards: an acknowledgement that he's the best ever, that he has to retire sometime, and that in the meantime the home team can always hope that lightening will strike.

Reaction Score
Haven't checked the other boards since the tournament (not wanting to read the Schadenfreude). But I have to say that, as the season wore on, I saw increasing amounts of admiration for Geno on those boards. Very similar to what people say about Bill Belichick on opposing football boards: an acknowledgement that he's the best ever, that he has to retire sometime, and that in the meantime the home team can always hope that lightening will strike.

Of course. It's hard to miss the grudging admiration but there's plenty of the other as well and my comment was aimed, more or less at the tweet or the intent behind it.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Simple. "Wishful thinking"

Reaction Score
I can picture Geno in Florida, golfing with buddies, and laughing about what a surprisingly great year it was, how it's good to spread the wealth every once-in-a-while, and approaching the green pin high and thinking, wow, Z is taller than that pin and we are going to crush everyone next year....
You are right--mostly, that's mostly, off season he is off BB---and I agree with his buddies he'll say the smile was --he expected it and it's good to spread the wealth---but you can bet he won't say that to the team...in late Oct--he'll remind them of all they did wrong!!!
They will be singing---I 've got a crush on you sweetie pie---all the day and night long hear me sigh---12 , 13, 14.
Chong Saniya----went 26th fantastic---if ever a girl earned it--it is she. I would not surprise me if she did excellently in the Big deal--and europe

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Have some sympathy for this guy. I mean we've all had irrational fever dreams. Perhaps this latest episode was preceded by a Beyonce fantasy.

Reaction Score
The other boards are mainly respectful but there are people that "hate" Uconn. Its the price you pay when you are "king of the Hill". The thing that really should have them scared, this was a rebuilding year. Next year we will be the MOAT....."Mother of All TEAMS"

Reaction Score

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reading through that schedule, where various dead or quiet periods can last as briefly as two days, you'd think it was constructed by a couple of monkeys on typewriters. No, actually, worse: by the NCAA.
There is most likely an NCAA sanctioned event during a Quiet Period so the schedule is changed to accommodate it. This benefits the kids, who get to be seen an extra time during the school year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom