Your Telling Me..... | The Boneyard

Your Telling Me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You aren't eligible...move on

Damn I don't know how you guys do it. One season of not playing in the tournament makes me want to play in traffic. And you guys experience this every year of your life. I must admit, you and your crew are some tough son of a .

Make sure you always watch that pig on an airplane commercial and keep your hopes alive.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
During the seton hall game one of the announcers said IF the tournament was today and IF UCONN was eligible they would be in!!

This should be one of many reasons why our boys should play with a chip on there shoulder and CRUSH the orange!!!

Reaction Score
Damn I don't know how you guys do it. One season of not playing in the tournament makes me want to play in traffic. And you guys experience this every year of your life. I must admit, you and your crew are some tough son of a .

Make sure you always watch that pig on an airplane commercial and keep your hopes alive.

Over the weekend, someone on the PC board posted a link to a video of their 1994 BET semifinal win over UCONN. Everyone was all over it as the fond memories came roaring back. But I guess when you've been to the NCAA tourney just 3 times since then...

Reaction Score
We aren't considered one of the top 68 teams. Wow the national media has no respect for us whatsoever. The Steven F Austin- Lumberjacks are ranked ahead of us lol. Somehow UNC is 37 despite getting blown out by 25 to how many teams???? Even though we have an RPI in the 30s . What a joke of epic proportions.

Bilas has been doing this all year long, but he would include a footnote about UConn not being on the list because they are banned from the postseason. Not sure why he didn't do it this time around.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
sean going for 2 days in a row of BY fun. must have personally declared the season over for his team. dont worry sean, cooley hasn't given up yet! he may not know how to coach when a clock starts but he talks a big game and hes going to land a couple misguided recruits from that big mouth every year. that will always keep you interested for 9 of the 12 months of the year(apl-dec). eventually a couple of your fans will realize all the smoke from down here about him was dead on and jump ship. then eventually the rest of your fans and school will realize it also. cooley will then fall off a cliff with his great haircut. hey hfd!!! stop making fun of cooleys medical issue he has, its not a bad haircut u jerk....oh, i'm aware whats actually going on. and i'm also aware that your fanbase had a grand ole time when CV was in a husky uniform so as long as hes coach i will be talking about that 1 time the providence bball coach got hacked up at super cuts and his hair never grew back. fight me.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Sean, Providence has never and will never be relevant. Ole' Patches Cooley can't save a program that gets 95% of its athletic profit from women's lacrosse.

Reaction Score
So it's not just the mental midget that is an Internet tough guy. I'm sure you boys would say all your funny comments to ECs face. Have fun looking yourself in the mirror knowing you made fun of a physical ailment. How proud you must be.

Reaction Score
So it's not just the mental midget that is an Internet tough guy. I'm sure you boys would say all your funny comments to ECs face. Have fun looking yourself in the mirror knowing you made fun of a physical ailment. How proud you must be.

What's the physical ailment? If there is one I'd feel for the guy. Of course, if I were him, I'd shave my head.
Anyway, like you and your PC brethren have taken the higher road!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Didn't Kevin Freeman have something similar for a while?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
There is really no doubt this is a tourney team if eligible. The teams on and around the bubble seem to be as weak as ever anyway - UConn would be well ahead of them.

Reaction Score
We aren't considered one of the top 68 teams. Wow the national media has no respect for us whatsoever. The Steven F Austin- Lumberjacks are ranked ahead of us lol. Somehow UNC is 37 despite getting blown out by 25 to how many teams???? Even though we have an RPI in the 30s . What a joke of epic proportions.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-col...-basketball?addata=2009_insdr_mod_ncb_xxx_xxx
UConn is not listed as they are not eligible, Bilas has stated this numerous times in the past postings, he releases this every week.

You would think context clues would have clued you in on that but I guess not.

Reaction Score
Your team is awful and your coach creeps me out. When was the last time that PC was actually half decent? They are the Rutgers of New England.

Reaction Score
If making fun of Ed's head is wrong, I don't want to be right

Reaction Score
UConn is not listed as they are not eligible, Bilas has stated this numerous times in the past postings, he releases this every week.

You would think context clues would have clued you in on that but I guess not.

So if we aren't eligible how come we were ranked by the AP after we beat MSU smart guy???

Reaction Score
So if we aren't eligible how come we were ranked by the AP after we beat MSU smart guy???
This can't be a serious question? I don't believe you can be this dumb.

What you linked was jay bilas'' ranking of the 68 teams for the tournament if it started today, how the hell do you not understand this?

What the heck does the AP poll have anything to do with one guys at ESPN ranking of tournament eligible teams?

You do know the AP poll doesn't have anything to do with jay bilas or the ncaa tournament right?

Man it must be hard for you to get through the day.

Reaction Score
Wait I guess I should start at square one and ask if you know that we are ineligible to participate in the NCAA tournament?

Reaction Score
Wait I guess I should start at square one and ask if you know that we are ineligible to participate in the NCAA tournament?

What is The Bilas Index, you ask? It is not simply a ranking of the top 68 teams in college basketball; it is the best measure of basketball merit ever devised and provides you with pinpoint accuracy in determining which teams can play and which teams cannot. It blends the best and most reliable basketball metrics from KenPom.com, Sagarin, Basketball Prospectus, UPS Team Performance Index and the incredible and technically sound ESPN Basketball Power Index. (There is no use of the RPI, just as a finely tuned Ferrari does not use a buggy whip.) But what truly makes The Bilas Index great is the use of The Bilastrator's beautiful mind, as his cranium houses a wealth of basketball experience and knowledge that mortal man cannot comprehend.

Well this is what I read. Please elaborate where that says anywhere about the 68 best tournament teams. Oh wait, it doesn't. Read..

Reaction Score
I will elaborate further dolt. We are 40th in Sagarin, 48th in Kenpom, 37th in ESPN Basketball Performance Index and 80th in UPS Team Performance Index. The article is Jay Bilas's sumation of the 68 best teams based on all those metrics and in no where does it says the 68 best "tournament teams" - Uconn. So beat it.

Reaction Score
I will elaborate further dolt. We are 40th in Sagarin, 48th in Kenpom, 37th in ESPN Basketball Performance Index and 80th in UPS Team Performance Index. The article is Jay Bilas's sumation of the 68 best teams based on all those metrics and in no where does it says the 68 best "tournament teams" - Uconn. So beat it.
The introduction of The Bilas Index last season proved without a doubt to be a momentous event in the history of the game and, without hyperbole, in our nation's history.
From the time that Naismith invented the game, man has been wandering in the woods without direction, needing the sage guidance of The Bilastrator to understand that which had been incomprehensible before: the true order of the game and exactly what accurately measures basketball success and proficiency. Like Jonas Salk did in the medical realm with his polio vaccine, The Bilastrator was able to rid the world of basketball of a horrible stain in the fabric of the game: the rank guesswork of the NCAA selection committee.
While the selection committee was, relatively speaking, still climbing out of the primordial ooze in assessing the game and those who play it, The Bilas Index was able to open up the mysteries of the universe for the committee's poor, directionless souls. No longer will those NCAA administrators struggle with the difficulty of the formula for the RPI, because the Bilas Index has made them -- and any prior measure contemplated -- completely and totally obsolete. The selection committee is now the hickory stick mashie in the world of titanium shafts and super COI drivers.''

Why do you think he uses 68 teams? Did yo not read the previous threads mentioning how he stated prior UConn was not in the discussion because they are in eligible for the tournament?

I guess expecting people to read the stuff above and see the fact there is 68 teams and to realize UConn is not going to be eligible for the ranking is to much to ask. Citing the AP poll is not though, that is just plain stupid.

Reaction Score
Everyone relax. It's just a poll and another in along line of slights that will be corrected over the next few years when KO gets this teams back to the top. Patience and a thick skin is required.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom