Your level of excitement for this season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Your level of excitement for this season?

Rate your level of excitement for this season, relative to this time last year

• More excited for this season than last

• As excited for this season as last

• Less excited for this season than last

Results are only viewable after voting.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Very excited and hopeful.

At noon, I begin my annual tradition of replaying all of UConn's championship games as the lead-in to the season opener. Thankfully, it's going to take a bit longer than it did last year! :)
You'd need to start before noon to finish in time, no? :)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
More.

By a lot.

Get a chance to repeat as national champions. And a team and a staff which is capable of doing it. Not a single team in the NCAA I fear UConn can't match.

Reaction Score
Lets Go Sport GIF by NCAA March Madness

Reaction Score
more excited. last year's goal was the sweet 16 yet we won it all and hurley got the monkey off his back in the biggest way.

while this year's team has higher preseason accolades and aspirations the pressure is also off. best of both worlds.

having said that i'd really like to win the BE regular season and/or the BET.

Reaction Score
I'm more excited / differently excited than last year...

We have some goals that that the program hasn't accomplished in a while and/or during Hurley's time:

-Win the Big East regular season / Big East Tournament

We have a goal to do something we've done twice before (every 10 years, in fact):

-MBB & WBB win dual National Championships

We have a goal to do something we've never done before:

-Win back-to-back National Championships

I think we have a team and coaching staff that can make many/all of those things happen this year. Let's GO!!!!!!

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Last season was the funnest season I’ve had as UConn fan - from the day the season started. We didn’t know what would come, but we knew what was possible. When we went 14-0 and got to #2, every game became a party or an event. Just like @Storrs South video says - “it finally feels safe to enjoy the moment and look forward to the future.” As someone who has been going to games since 1988, there was a time there in the AAC where I thought the program was done. There were DARK days. That’s why last season was so fun. It was the season we could officially say we’re back.

Reaction Score
Last season was the funnest season I’ve had as UConn fan - from the day the season started. We didn’t know what would come, but we knew what was possible. When we went 14-0 and got to #2, every game became a party or an event. Just like @Storrs South video says - “it finally feels safe to enjoy the moment and look forward to the future.” As someone who has been going to games since 1988, there was a time there in the AAC where I thought the program was done. There were DARK days. That’s why last season was so fun. It was the season we could officially say we’re back.
Think this is exactly how I'm feeling this season! Last season was just such a climb, and such an unexpected rollercoaster that I'm like "There's no way this year can match it."

Reaction Score
Hurley also made the Big East officials last year look like clowns. Our team shouldn't have had nearly as many losses as it did and a good percentage of that was due to the very lopsided officiating. He basically called them out in the post game press conference after the championship win. He's earned a better whistle even if these refs despise him. I can also tell you that there were some offseason discussions between our AD and the league office because what went down last year was not a good look in general for the Big East.

Reaction Score
Super pumped. This smart, unselfish team can be an offensive juggernaut and despite being ranked in the TOP 10 by everyone, Hurley has them feeling disrespected. Add to that, key guys (Newton, Spencer, Karaban) are playing for their professional futures. Clingan and Castle - already professionally positioned - are competitive beasts.
And that is not mentioning the talented freshmen and Johnson.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
How in the ever living hell could you be less excited than last year coming off a first round loss to new Mexico State?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score

pj

Reaction Score
How in the ever living hell could you be less excited than last year coming off a first round loss to new Mexico State?

The loss was deflating, but it taught Hurley his lessons about roster construction and the need for shooting, and his makeover of the roster that summer was perfect. Heading into the season I was very excited to see how it was going to work out, but I knew it was Hurley's best team ever by far and had championship potential.

This year I feel like we should be the favorites or very close to it. I'm equally excited but less curious, because I think we have less uncertainty. Questions are more around the bench than around starters and the coach.

Reaction Score
Year after a NC is usually tough for us so keeping emotions and expectations in check.

Reaction Score
Most highly anticipated season I can remember. Maybe since 11-12, but that was for different reasons. So many storylines to be excited about...
  • Can we defend our national title?
  • Do we secure a Big East tourney and/or regular season title?
  • Does Clingan play like an All-American?
  • Where will Clingan/Castle/Karaban land on the draft boards come April?
  • Does Samson Johnson finally break out?
  • Who emerges among the 5 freshmen?
  • How do fare against fellow blue bloods/premier programs when we play Kansas, North Carolina, Indiana, Gonzaga?
  • Can we declare once and for all that Ryan Kalkbrenner is just big?
Do we win BE regular season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom