Your feelings on sweaters | The Boneyard

Your feelings on sweaters

Reaction Score
I don't wear them anymore. Wool is too itchy, cashmere is too clingy, cotton the most comfortable but still too confining. They all trap too much body heat. Thoughts?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The Walmart cocaine sweater is all time and I'd buy it if I could. It's def a must wear. Could be made out of straw idgaf

1576962422940.png

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do not own one. Do not remember the last time I did own one.

I don’t recall having made a conscious decision to rid my life of sweaters - never thought about it until this very moment.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Merino is my go to. Best of all worlds.
This. Merino is the deal. I mostly wear it as an undershirt but also have some 1/4 zips and a hoodie. The Kuhl merino line is excellent quality for a reasonable price. Very durable, versatile and comfortable.

Reaction Score
Sweaters are my favorite part of fall/winter. I own about 40; probably 35 100% wool and five all-cotton. Love them and live in them Nov-April. Crewneck and cardigans, mainly. A few turtlenecks for when I feel like cosplaying a Bond villain. I don't own any v-necks or quarter zips.

Try wearing an oxford button-down underneath if itchiness is a problem. It's a classic New England look anyway. If they feel confining then I imagine sizing is the issue.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I can't wait to tell my sister the title of this thread. It sounds so much like the way her dear friend Ferencz would mangle a metaphor about someone "wearing their heart on their sleeve." Very sweet & brilliant guy, well-employed scientist, just didn't grow up in the US, and thus English is tertiary language at best.

A decade ago cashmere sweater over a button down was my biz casual uniform. Somewhere along the line it shifted to non-woven quarter zips, mock turtle necks, and UConn hoodies. Half the sweaters at one point revealed moth damage & got tossed, so I'm probably left with cashmere cable, v-neck, and quarter-zip, plus a cotton for out of winter. They make a nice enough impression, but they're no longer top of mind. I don't forsee building it out.

All fit better since I shed 20 pounds a year ago.

Reaction Score
Getting fat sucks, huh?
Kind of but I hated them when I was a skinny kid, they're like sweaty straight jackets. I'm not even big, like 5'10 220 lbs. but I know xl sweaters would be too tignt. There are so many huge and fat Americans, I have no clue where they shop. Big and Tall must make a killing.

I also have no clue how all these posters can wear a button down under a sweater, pretty good look but sounds so uncomfortble and hot under normal conditions and everyone has the women in the office who want the heat jacked up.

I made the thread to piggyback the most hated sports terms thread, we are in the offseason after all....

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
This. Merino is the deal. I mostly wear it as an undershirt but also have some 1/4 zips and a hoodie. The Kuhl merino line is excellent quality for a reasonable price. Very durable, versatile and comfortable.
I was waiting for your highbrow commentary.

Reaction Score
A high quality, cable knit fisherman’s sweater is outrageously cool. You gotta be somewhat in shape, it has to be well made and It has to fit right, but it is a great look.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A high quality cable knit fisherman’s sweater is outrageously cool. You gotta be somewhat in shape, it has to be well made and It has to fit right, but it is a great look.
I love those but again so uncomfortable.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I was waiting for your highbrow commentary.
Kuhl isn’t highbrow. Just good quality at a fair price. I’ve seen merino tops of lesser quality (e.g., pilly and stretched out) at almost twice the price. It’s very thin, has an extra panel on the sides for better fit, and it regulates temperature incredibly well so you are rarely too warm and never too cold.

Reaction Score
Like an actual sweater-sweater, I have one with an awesome Centaur Santa on it

otherwise just thinner sweaters you could wear to a decent restaurant

Reaction Score
Like an actual sweater-sweater, I have one with an awesome Centaur Santa on it

otherwise just thinner sweaters you could wear to a decent restaurant
Any of them. Cotton crew neck/v neck, bulky wool ones, clingy merinos and cashmeres, Irish knitted...

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I stopped wearing them about a decade ago.

Reaction Score
I think I might be getting a turtleneck just to try it

an extra-Black one

Reaction Score
I don’t make fun of them. Could be caused by a condition called hyperhidrosis. Why? Are you dating one?

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Kind of but I hated them when I was a skinny kid, they're like sweaty straight jackets. I'm not even big, like 5'10 220 lbs. but I know xl sweaters would be too tignt. There are so many huge and fat Americans, I have no clue where they shop. Big and Tall must make a killing.

I also have no clue how all these posters can wear a button down under a sweater, pretty good look but sounds so uncomfortble and hot under normal conditions and everyone has the women in the office who want the heat jacked up.

I made the thread to piggyback the most hated sports terms thread, we are in the offseason after all....
Not the off-season. Just waiting for the NIT.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
The best time to wear a striped sweater is all the time

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member