You know who looked pretty good the last two games | The Boneyard

You know who looked pretty good the last two games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Terrance Samuel---he was very strong with the ball and bullied his way to the hoop. I know he had one shot rejected but he could be a weapon that we spring late in the season for 10-12 minutes a game--maybe playing three guards. I think he should be utilized more. Hes a strong defender 6-3/6-4 and muscular/quick with a solid dribble. Instead of taking 20 3's last night--I wouldve loved to see Samuel drive the ball to the basket 3-4 times out of all of the shots.

Reaction Score
Good call. He does some nice things when he gets in there.

Reaction Score
I like this kid. He's not afraid to take it to the hoop and considering our other guards like to shoot from the outside it's a nice balance to have. He just needs to work on his outside shot in the offseason and he will be the full package.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You can't go in the game and get stripped like that. I haven't reached the point where I expect a good play from him.

Reaction Score
I think Samuel would be good at getting into the paint and then kicking it out to an open 3 point shooter. It really seems he should be getting Omars minutes at this point.

Yeah, all of them. Someone has to get that player an accurate schedule. . . he's having difficulty show up for games.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
I think Samuel would be good at getting into the paint and then kicking it out to an open 3 point shooter. It really seems he should be getting Omars minutes at this point.

If you could just incorporate Samuel's slashing ability right now into Omar ......

Reaction Score
Terrance Samuel---he was very strong with the ball and bullied his way to the hoop. I know he had one shot rejected but he could be a weapon that we spring late in the season for 10-12 minutes a game--maybe playing three guards. I think he should be utilized more. Hes a strong defender 6-3/6-4 and muscular/quick with a solid dribble. Instead of taking 20 3's last night--I wouldve loved to see Samuel drive the ball to the basket 3-4 times out of all of the shots.

We need more time for Samuel against the UCFs of the world, if only for next year -- we'll need another PG with game experience.

Reaction Score
He got stripped once but who doesn't every now and then? He has a tight handle and penetrates well and in light of the fact that we have no inside big that we can feed we have to use him. This is a no brainer.

Reaction Score

Just posted in another thread... But, Samuel had that one nice drive to the hoop. He also tried to force another drive and got stripped. Then he passed up an open J, over penetrated and got bailed out. Defensively he was a disaster. He was in the game for 3 minutes and his man beat him with a back cut and w/ a screen/roll for layups. Can't have that.

Reaction Score
Samuel is going to be hugely important in the next few years and seems to get consistently overlooked when the Boneyard is putting together their fantasy lineups for 2014/2015 and beyond. KO has done a great job of bringing in a ton of combo guards but TS, as it stands now, is the only one who looks like a true PG, which can be an invaluable commodity. He's put in some good shifts for us, even last night with his few mistakes. The benefit of the doubt should be given to a freshman who hasn't had a ton of minutes pressed into service on the road against a D like that. Here's hoping he's in the gym this summer working on his shot.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I was at the Maryland g

I was at the Maryland game and I have to say he looked equally good in that game as well (if you remember Bazz was in foul trouble). I am a bit surprised that he hasn't seen more time on the court.

Reaction Score

Agreed. I think we held onto the wrong Calhoun.

Reaction Score
While watching him I kept wondering if Samuel was listed high (or at all) on Yarder's 2014 and 2015 rosters being posted here recently? He may not be ready this year, but with practicing with Bazz, Boat, Purvis, and Kromah he's improving a lot.

Add to that the fact that Ollie will see him succeed, its no wonder we lost out on point guard recruits this season.

Reaction Score
He got stripped once but who doesn't every now and then? He has a tight handle and penetrates well and in light of the fact that we have no inside big that we can feed we have to use him. This is a no brainer.

It is a tight handle but it's too high, one reason why he's been stripped a couple of times. Love the strong, quick burst, though. Not a natural shooter but will make enough by the time he's a jr/sr. Right, KO?

Reaction Score
I think Ollie realizes he should be playing more and that's why he is. I agree with everyone. Kid is a strong guard who can surprisingly get into the lane whenever he wants. I like his future. As for getting stripped, Cincinnati is a very tough defensive team. Even Shabazz was getting stripped but he was able to pick up a call the few times it happened. I expect to see Samuel get much more time towards the end of the season due to his recent play and to keep Shabazz fresh.

Reaction Score
He looked like a freshman to me. His D is shaky. Unless he is bursting to the hoop his confidence on offense is low.

He has a mature body, decent skills but he doesn't know when to go or not go, it's a guess.

Reaction Score
He looked like a freshman to me. His D is shaky. Unless he is bursting to the hoop his confidence on offense is low.

He has a mature body, decent skills but he doesn't know when to go or not go, it's a guess.

I agree... He's going to be an important player going forward but he lacks offensive ability and appears very timid. Worse than that though is he got burned badly defensively. I know he's supposed to be a very good defensive guard, but he was completely overmatched against Cinci.

Reaction Score
I say we give him 10 min a game and change his name back to SamuelS.

Reaction Score
Agree that he is a good defender and maybe that will be his role in the future. He wasn't a great scorer in HS so expecting him to fill it up here may be a stretch but he could be a solid player for us. Ollie's problem with him was that he wasn't picking up the offense fast enough. Maybe that has changed and we'll see more of him.

C

Chief00

Samuel needs to work on his foul shooting and outside shot. A pg who can't shoot FT's mitigates the advantage of taking it to the basket.

C

Chief00

Samuel doesn't have Rondo's speed or length when going to the basket; but I agree FT shooting has held Rondo back; when the Celtics were good his foul shooting hurt them at the end of some key games.
Conversely, one thing that has helped us in the last two years is UConn's key players (Bazz, Daniels and Boat) can shoot foul shots.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Samuel needs to work on his foul shooting and outside shot. A pg who can't shoot FT's mitigates the advantage of taking it to the basket.

Taliek Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32