you guys musta been bad in Texas | The Boneyard

you guys musta been bad in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
To all those UConn fans who went to Texas:

I was at the women's final four in Nashville, and was driving back home through Kentucky on Wednesday. I happened to be listening to a 2 hour sports talk show on WKJK 1080 in Louisville. It was all UK hosts and callers, and they were very angry at UConn fans.

They seemed to be in agreement that UConn has the absolute worst fans of any of the opponents they've played. One fan said the Huskies have moved up to third place in his list of teams that all Kentucky fans need to root against at all times. I know Louisville tops their list of evil enemies, but I'm not sure whether local neighbor Tennessee would be second or maybe Duke...

So what did you guys do to make them hate you so much? I hope you didnt call Coach Cal "the Squid". Or stand in front of them till UConn scored in each half. Or chant U-C-O-N-N too loudly. Or dare to suggest that Bazz and Boat were better than the Harrison twins? Nah. That couldn't bother them that much, even if you did.

But it could have something to do with the two losses UConn handed them in 2011 and 2014 that knocked them out of the Final Four. Or all the pub UConn has been getting as the most successful basketball program of the last 20 or even 30 years.

Somehow I think that if Big Blue had won both those matchups and 2 more championships instead of UConn, Big Blue Nation wouldnt notice our fans at all.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Perhaps they didn't like this:

uconnUKtroll.jpg

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
AWSOME. As high-schoolers we always dreamed of burning down Farmington´s yew hedge `F´. This satisfies that plus some...

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
All I did was say "we'll see you later" to the three punks who were 2 inches from my face telling me we had no chance. I couldn't find them though....

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I think Kentucky fans are just sore from the last two tourney losses to us. In their minds, they walk in the clouds and look down on everyone else. They don't like to look up.

Reaction Score
We were standing in the beginning of the first half. Two hayseeds behind us started yelling for us too sit down. We made our first basket and I turned around and asked who had the issue. The guy I was staring at said he didn't say anything. The fool next to him kept running his mouth. I kindly asked him if his sister have him his wedding ring. Never heard back from him again.

The Kentucky fan to my right actually apologized for their actions after the game. He was very kind and seemed knowledgeable.

Reaction Score
Two theories:

1) The UK fans just couldn't see
I was in section 133, which was 80% UConn fans. We remained standing for virtually the entire game. There were 4 UK fans directly in front of me, who never stood once. They mostly sat disgusted with their arms crossed. They watched the entire game on the jumbo tron, because they couldn't see thru the guys in front of them. What a miserable way to spend a national championship game.

2) They were too drunk
Most of the UK fans in the pre game concert could barely walk by the time they got to the game

Reaction Score
We are from the northeast/New England, of course we are going to come off as unpleasant to people from the south and midwest. At least that was my experience in San Antonio in 2004. The people from OK St and Georgia Tech were very friendly (Duke, not as much) and the people of San Antonio were great. I'm just not going to go out of my way to be super friendly to some random fans of other teams. I think we can come off as rude or dismissive to others but it is just cultural.

Also they are totally butthurt.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
2) They were too drunk
Most of the UK fans in the pre game concert could barely walk by the time they got to the game

Only way to make it through a NCAA game when you are playing UCONN.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I think Kentucky fans are just sore from the last two tourney losses to us. In their minds, they walk in the clouds and look down on everyone else. They don't like to look up.
I live in Cincy and there are more UK fans here than UC fans. Dooley hit it right on the head, no matter what, they think they are better than us because they are UK. Logic has no place in the discussion. The vast majority of them have no clue about Calimari's past and once they find out, don't care. The best part is they all rant on and on about "their legacy" but most don't have clue about it.
It like wrestling with a pig, your both going to wallow in the mud but only the pig will enjoy it so whats the point?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Dooley said:
I think Kentucky fans are just sore from the last THREE tourney losses to us. In their minds, they walk in the clouds and look down on everyone else. They don't like to look up.

Fixed that for you, we beat them in 06 tourney too.

Reaction Score
I was there for both games and I will say this.
1. if Kentucky had won there would be no discussion about this.
2. I have never seen a more cocky group of fans. - I was buying a uconn shirt at a merch stand and a kentucky fan said "wait till tomorrow it will be half off.." after we have done nothing but murder them recently.
3. those fans literally walked around Monday as if they were already champs. they underestimated us again.

All that said. while in our parking lot we met several Kentucky fans both sat and Monday. i received texts from two of them and both said congrats and that we "wanted it more than they did" they had no idea how good our defense was....

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It probably doesn't help that the UConn women beat Kentucky in two consecutive years (2012, 2013) in the Regional final. I was at one of those games and the Kentucky fans were feisty before the game and very sullen after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom