You guys know there's a game coming up... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

You guys know there's a game coming up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
I realize it's his biggest assignment to date, but I am hoping that he has a bit of a fire lit under him now as a result of the last game, Ollie's comments, the scuffle with Boat, etc. In other words, maybe he rises to the occasion. I'm not convinced yet that he doesn't have the potential to be very, very good, and I try to remember that progress with these kids is seldom linear.

CJ Leslie would beg to differ.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I realize it's his biggest assignment to date, but I am hoping that he has a bit of a fire lit under him now as a result of the last game, Ollie's comments, the scuffle with Boat, etc. In other words, maybe he rises to the occasion. I'm not convinced yet that he doesn't have the potential to be very, very good, and I try to remember that progress with these kids is seldom linear.
I hope that you are correct. I agree with you about his potential. It would be unfair to treat his performance in this game a measuring stick, though, if things don't go quite right.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
CJ Leslie would beg to differ.
Ok, this year then.

I hope that you are correct. I agree with you about his potential. It would be unfair to treat his performance in this game a measuring stick, though, if things don't go quite right.
Agreed. It's more of a hope than a prediction. I'm a sucker for movie-type story lines, and I'd like to see the kid rally and have a breakthrough after a rough patch.

Reaction Score
I'd imagine the staff has been going over with him how much more effective he's been when operating 15ft and in. I have no problem with him taking wide open 3s but that should be the last thing in his arsenal, mostly everything should be midrange or attacking slower bigs off the dribble(which he won't really have an advantage at tonight).

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Agreed. It's more of a hope than a prediction. I'm a sucker for movie-type story lines, and I'd like to see the kid rally and have a breakthrough after a rough patch.
I'm liking the movie so far.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As for the good guys, I'm predicting a big game for DD. And I'll be looking for better flow from the Bazz/Boat tandem, more consistency from Omar, and wondering if Wolfie continues to make his case for more minutes than TO.

Just let me know what you want to see next game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Just let me know what you want to see next game.
The same as this one! and the game after the next as well.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ok, this year then.

You, sir, are a prophet and should immediately set up a twitter account.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Here's one person's list of the top 25 pizzerias in Chicago. Turns out a New Haven style place is ranked #2.

2. PIECE
(NEW HAVEN) When Billy Jacobs opened Piece in 2001, he was told New Haven– style pizza would go over like a lead pepperoni in Deep-Dish Land. Wrong. Piece’s astonishing plain pie (sauce, garlic, Parmesan, and oil on a chewy-crisp, hand-formed crust) replicates New Haven’s legendary Sally’s Apizza without the coal oven (Piece uses a Middleby gas oven). For Jacobs, a Connecticut native whose great-uncle’s produce market was intertwined with Sally’s in the 1940s, the sun still rises and sets in New Haven. “I can confidently say that the third-, fourth-, or even fifth-best pie in New Haven would be the best pie almost anywhere else,” he boasts. And you thought New Yorkers were pizza snobs. 1927 W. NORTH AVE.; 773-772-4422

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/July-2010/Photos-Best-Pizzas-in-Chicago/
I've met the guy and know his family. They are definitely local, and he's incredibly successful and deserves it. But it's one of those things that makes you kick yourself because it's so simple, yet so brilliant. Bottom line is that introducing good pizza to places that don't have it is a gold mine in and of itself, but his name and logo is a stroke of genius.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You, sir, are a prophet and should immediately set up a twitter account.
To paraphrase Groucho Marx, as played by Mr. T: I pity the fool who would follow me.

Reaction Score
Got a good thing going winning by 21. Perhaps next game, we'll have to list out the places to eat in/near South Bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom