You can take Temple off brackets now | The Boneyard

You can take Temple off brackets now

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That's not a good team. Will make a good NIT matchup w PC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
AAC basketball is a dumpster fire dropped onto a trainwreck. Temple is the third best team in the league and they just lost to Kent State at home. Houston is locked in a cage match against mighty Texas Pan American and Rutgers is a coin toss against UAB. With Louisville and Memphis, this league will stay in the Top 10 of conferences this year, but next year this league is going to be terrible.

Reaction Score
Temple lost pretty much everything from last year. They have less than ten points ppg returning if I remember correctly.

No surprise they have some growing pains.

Reaction Score
AAC basketball is a dumpster fire dropped onto a trainwreck. Temple is the third best team in the league and they just lost to Kent State at home. Houston is locked in a cage match against mighty Texas Pan American and Rutgers is a coin toss against UAB. With Louisville and Memphis, this league will stay in the Top 10 of conferences this year, but next year this league is going to be terrible.

3rd best team in the league? UConn, Louisville, Memphis, and Cincy are the obvious teams better right off the top, and imo SMU and USF have more talent(not necessarily better teams). Temple was expected to take a step back this year with what they lost.

Reaction Score
Yes I think Temple lost 4 of their top 5 players. How can they be a top 3 team in this league. Louisville, Uconn, Memphis and Cincy should all be better without thinking. I would think Temple is a lower half of the league team.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Most reasonable people had Cinci with Temple 4-5. I watched the entire Kent State/Temple game. That team is not even going to be on the bubble.

Reaction Score
SMU is beating a URI team that added alot of talent via transfers and freshmen by damn near 30

caw

Reaction Score
SMU is beating a URI team that added alot of talent via transfers and freshmen by damn near 30

Was just going to say SMU should be top five in the AAC. Beat TCU also. It's early but those are two solid first two games wins.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I am a firm believer that Danny Hurley is going to be a very successful head coach. It's interesting that Bobby might have a better job.

Reaction Score

Ok Waylon, I'll bite. Which ten conferences will be better next year? Take your time, I'll wait.

Reaction Score
With the talent coming in at SMU, they'll be top 3 with Memphis and UConn next year. Judging by talent alone, Cincy is going to have to compete with Houston and UCF for the next three. Cincy has less talent coming in than Houston and UCF. Temple and USF might indeed fall back.

Reaction Score
Temple is 3rd best in what conference? Not the AAC.

Them and SMU are a toss up for the 5 and 6 slot.

Nothing like making irrational judgments off of one game.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
3rd best team in the league? UConn, Louisville, Memphis, and Cincy are the obvious teams better right off the top, and imo SMU and USF have more talent(not necessarily better teams). Temple was expected to take a step back this year with what they lost.

I was talking long term. Obviously, with Louisville in the league, Temple is not Top 3 this year.

But does it really matter whether Temple is 4th or 5th? Houston and UCF just joined, and ECU, Tulsa and Tulane are on their way. USF still sucks. Are we really looking to SMU to boost our SOS? Is that what it has come down to for UConn?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Ok Waylon, I'll bite. Which ten conferences will be better next year? Take your time, I'll wait.

ACC, Big East, SEC, Pac 12, Big 10, Big 12, MWC are clearly better. The MVC will not be as strong at the top with UConn and Memphis likely Top 20 programs, but is much deeper without as much of the conference sub 100.

So I think your "gotcha" revolves around an argument that the AAC will be better than the A10 and the WCC. If you are having that argument at all, you have already lost.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I was talking long term. Obviously, with Louisville in the league, Temple is not Top 3 this year.

But does it really matter whether Temple is 4th or 5th? Houston and UCF just joined, and ECU, Tulsa and Tulane are on their way. USF still sucks. Are we really looking to SMU to boost our SOS? Is that what it has come down to for UConn?

Please you spout negativity whenever you can. You are the true meaning of doom and gloom when it comes to all things AAC and UCONN

Reaction Score

Fran Dunphy is consistently one of the best coaches in the Northeast. Temple will be solid going forward. Maybe this is just one odd year; but, they'll be good with their location and solid recruits from their zip codes.

Reaction Score

Third best team in AAC? What happened to UConn, Louisville, Memphis, Cincinnati and SMU?

Reaction Score
ACC, Big East, SEC, Pac 12, Big 10, Big 12, MWC are clearly better. The MVC will not be as strong at the top with UConn and Memphis likely Top 20 programs, but is much deeper without as much of the conference sub 100.

So I think your "gotcha" revolves around an argument that the AAC will be better than the A10 and the WCC. If you are having that argument at all, you have already lost.

Yeah, I knew that would be your answer Waylon. You're full of it, Waylon. Back to the football board with you.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Yeah, I knew that would be your answer Waylon. You're full of it, Waylon. Back to the football board with you.

What is your point in this thread? If you want to have an argument about whether the AAC will be better or worse than the A10 or WCC then my answer will be "I don't give a ****". Is there some bigger point you are trying to make, or would you like to correct my grammar too?

Reaction Score
What is your point in this thread? If you want to have an argument about whether the AAC will be better or worse than the A10 or WCC then my answer will be "I don't give a ". Is there some bigger point you are trying to make, or would you like to correct my grammar too?

My point is that you're so utterly full of it that anything you say should be completely ignored. No offense.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
My point is that you're so utterly full of it that anything you say should be completely ignored. No offense.

Right, and you are one of those that will grab some little piece of a post completely unrelated to the main point, and start an argument over that irrelevancy. There are quite a few of you on this board that do that.

My point is that I don't care about arguing whether the AAC will be the 8th or 11th best conference. It just doesn't matter. And you are mad because I won't argue about it. You are the one who is full of it.

Reaction Score
Don't count Temple out and Kent State wasn't that bad........

If people were watching the Huskies yesterday rebound vs YALE they'd say "that's the 2nd or 3rd best team in the AAC?"

It's early let's just take care of our own.........there's some real solid teams out there.....SMU trounced a decent URI program so they'll be a test I'm sure. Promise you if you watch the games today and tonight and believe if our bigs get 3 rebounds against almost anyone you watch and we can still win, you've been drinking heavily throughout the 24 hour basketball extravaganza......LOL

Reaction Score
What is your point in this thread? If you want to have an argument about whether the AAC will be better or worse than the A10 or WCC then my answer will be "I don't give a ". Is there some bigger point you are trying to make, or would you like to correct my grammar too?
You're a clownshoe who makes things up and then pretends they are facts. The PAC-12 is clearly better? I guess that must be a different PAC-12 from the one whose regular season champion couldn't even earn an at large bid to the tourney a couple of years ago.

Reaction Score

They have a very good coach, and will be near the top very soon.

Reaction Score
SMU, Memphis and UCF are reeling in talent like the best programs in the country not named UNC or Kentucky or Kansas. All 3 are bringing top ranked players in. Now, I don't know how UCF is doing it (if someone wants to launch an NCAA investigation, UCF and Baylor are ground zero), but if the coaches know what to do with talent (I'm assuming Larry Brown didn't get this far by not knowing how to coach) then UConn is going to have its hands full with several teams going forward: SMU, Memphis, UCF, Houston, Cincy, and as bad as USF is, they've beaten UConn recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom