You can all hate Kobe Bryant for another reason now... | The Boneyard

You can all hate Kobe Bryant for another reason now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Man, I respect Kobe for wanting to learn and I bet he does this at various colleges throughout the country. Probably wants to learn marketing to turn his millions into billions.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Man, I respect Kobe for wanting to learn and I bet he does this at various colleges throughout the country. Probably wants to learn marketing to turn his millions into billions.
Im guessing if his real interest was learning he would sit for more than just half of one class.

Reaction Score
Supposedly Kobe speaks Italian, is well read and is not a dummy. You don't have to go to college or even graduate to get an education but I know he would be a distraction in any class which makes it tough just to attend.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Supposedly Kobe speaks Italian, is well read and is not a dummy. You don't have to go to college or even graduate to get an education but I know he would be a distraction in any class which makes it tough just to attend.
If he was really smart he could have gone to Babson or Harvard, or go to one of the BCU bb games and taken a percentage of any fans that showed to one of their games that was greater than the usual attendance. You know, getting paid if more than one fan showed up.

Reaction Score
At least their student section will grow by one more!

Py2Mo4U.jpg

Reaction Score

I think he speaks or at least can converse in 3 or 4 languages and he got a 1080 on his SATs so he's far from the "typical" high school to the pros guy. He's still a giant , though.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I think he speaks or at least can converse in 3 or 4 languages and he got a 1080 on his SATs so he's far from the "typical" high school to the pros guy. He's still a giant , though.
It always crack me up when people point to speaking multiple languages as a sign of intelligence. Its more often a sign of where you grew up. My sister in law speaks 5 languages based on where she grew up in Africa. When youre surrounded by people who speak different languages, you speak different languages.

Reaction Score
You are so correct, if the room had 24 chairs his ego would have used at least 20 ....

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

It's funny that he speaks two languages fluently but doesn't understand the word "NO!" in either one of them.

Reaction Score
It always crack me up when people point to speaking multiple languages as a sign of intelligence. Its more often a sign of where you grew up. My sister in law speaks 5 languages based on where she grew up in Africa. When youre surrounded by people who speak different languages, you speak different languages.

He got a 1080 on his SATs, speaks fluent Italian and has picked up some French, Slovenian, and Serbian. I think the guy is a jackass, but he's not dumb as some in this thread assumed. We have had many a player who had to struggle (or not been able) to get the 700-800 on the SAT/ACT to get eligible here.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
So, the first guy says Kobe is so bright that he speaks Italian!

The second guy says, heck, my sister-in-law speaks five languages and she's not very bright, so that Kobe is probably a dope!

Then, the first guy turns beet red and yells, "KOBE'S REALLY SMART BECAUSE UCONN HAS HAD SOME DUMB GUYS!"

And then everyone shakes their head at the two dimwits trying to impress each other. I cannot wait to see where this goes.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
He got a 1080 on his SATs, speaks fluent Italian and has picked up some French, Slovenian, and Serbian. I think the guy is a jackass, but he's not dumb as some in this thread assumed. We have had many a player who had to struggle (or not been able) to get the 700-800 on the SAT/ACT to get eligible here.
Didn't say he isn't smart. Just that speaking multiple languages isn't an appropriate measuring stick. My sister in law happens to be brilliant. My brothers ex, who spoke 5 languages fluently was just a few IQ points above an aardvark

Reaction Score
The original post cited an "iffy transcript", well the North Carolina study by the reading teacher stated that 60% of basketball and football players studied were reading at 4th to 8 th grade level and 10% at 3rd grade level or below. She spent 7 years teaching college students just how to read and write. They are trying to squash her study. Bet Kobe wasn't a remedial reader.

Reaction Score
I remember reading somewhere a while back that Kobe would've been a Dookie if he went to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom