You Can Actually VOTE For POY - Stewie or Loyd ...Really! | The Boneyard

You Can Actually VOTE For POY - Stewie or Loyd ...Really!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Done.

Jewell Loyd
33%

Breanna Stewart
67%

But that can change. Keep voting.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
ivoted-stars-600.gif

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I voted also but does it matter? Hasn't ESPN already gave Lloyd POY?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
You can vote once per browser. I have 2 computers and 3 browsers each. 6 votes and it's 68-32% now.

It doesn't matter much, per se, coco, but you know Muffet and ND are actually "campaigning" for Loyd to win the award.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Bottom line, there are five NPOY awards in WCBB: WBCA, Naismith, AP, Wooden, and Wade. I am confident that Stewie and Loyd will share those five awards this season, and I don't know that anyone else will win any. In any event, though, I feel quite certain Stewie will get at least one NPOY award, and her name and the year 2015 will be added to the list of UConn NPOY winners hanging on the wall by Section 205 in Gampel.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Bottom line, there are five NPOY awards in WCBB: WBCA, Naismith, AP, Wooden, and Wade. I am confident that Stewie and Loyd will share those five awards this season, and I don't know that anyone else will win any. In any event, though, I feel quite certain Stewie will get at least one NPOY award, and her name and the year 2015 will be added to the list of UConn NPOY winners hanging on the wall by Section 205 in Gampel.
Thanks for listing the 5 and saving me lots of thought. I bet they are split, perhaps 2 and 3 or 3 and 2.

Reaction Score
I voted and commented "Jewel Loyd would be first off the bench at UCONN.":)
I think she would start ahead of Kia Nurse, but no other domers would start for us.

Reaction Score
I posted the same thing a while back on another board.
You could even make the case that Turner would be behind Stokes (better defense) and Nurse and Chong would be ahead of any other nd guards.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And UConn is still ahead by 67%-33% in the predicted winner poll for the game with South Carolina on the ESPNW main page. Hope the Huskies can hang on there.

Then again, maybe the poll will stay up in case of a meeting between the two teams in the NCAA final game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
71-29 at the moment. I guess you can only vote once? i clicked on the link again today and it did not allow me to vote...

Reaction Score
I voted for Stewie, of course and emailed my ex-wife to vote for Stewie too, of whom she is a big fan. So, 2 more votes for Stewie.

Reaction Score
TBS 72%
JL 28%

Can only vote once (each browser). Vote if you haven't!

Reaction Score
I think she would start ahead of Kia Nurse, but no other domers would start for us.

Why would you give up the great defensive play of Kia Nurse for the mediocre defense of Jewel Loyd?

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
OK

So we all voted…Goddy Goody for you….goody goody for me.

All it proves is that there are a heck of a lot of UConn fans out there….goody goody for us.

Jewel Loyd is a not unreasonable choice,; she's carried a not very great, not very athletic team.
Sure Stewie is unique, and there is no question who goes first in the draft.

But in a completely unbiased poll, Jewel gets 40-45n % of the vote.
Stewie wins, overwhelmingly (just like Kiah) in a UConn-type rigged popularity poll; which this is.

Which is fine with me, shows the depth of our appreciative fan base; not much else.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Actually there are 4. I've posted this numerous times on here, not sure why people have such trouble with this (must have me on ignore). The WBCA gives the Wade trophy. So they aren't separate. Naismith from the Atlanta Tip Off Club, Wooden from the LA Athletic Club, and AP from the Writers.

Last year Stewart won 2 of the 4. Sims picked up the Wade and Ogwumike picked up the Wooden. I suspect Stewart and Loyd will split them this year.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
OK

All it proves is that there are a heck of a lot of UConn fans out there….goody goody for us.

Jewel Loyd is a not unreasonable choice,; she's carried a not very great, not very athletic team.

Stewie wins, overwhelmingly (just like Kiah) in a UConn-type rigged popularity poll; which this is.

Which is fine with me, shows the depth of our appreciative fan base; not much else.
DebbieDowner.png

Reaction Score
OK

I agree, Jewel Loyd is not an unreasonable choice. However, I disagree with you on just about everything else.
Why is the poll biased ? Are the fans of the other teams not allowed to vote ?
How did you determine that Loyd would get 40-45% of the vote ? Since 45% would still be not enough for Loyd to win, are you're complaining about the size of Stewart's lead and not the fact the she is winning ?
How is this a "UConn-type rigged popularity poll" ? Who rigged it ?
And one last somewhat philosophical question. Is not the leading response in a poll the most popular ?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Actually there are 4. I've posted this numerous times on here, not sure why people have such trouble with this (must have me on ignore). The WBCA gives the Wade trophy. So they aren't separate. Naismith from the Atlanta Tip Off Club, Wooden from the LA Athletic Club, and AP from the Writers.

Last year Stewart won 2 of the 4. Sims picked up the Wade and Ogwumike picked up the Wooden. I suspect Stewart and Loyd will split them this year.
Thanks for the info. Now I can put you back on ignore. :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if there's some confusion because the WBCA names the D1 award the Wade trophy and then has a bunch of WBCA Player of the Year awards for all the other levels of women's college basketball.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. Now I can put you back on ignore. :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if there's some confusion because the WBCA names the D1 award the Wade trophy and then has a bunch of WBCA Player of the Year awards for all the other levels of women's college basketball.
There's confusion because people don't listen to me. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom