Yormark confirms that the big 12 was in expansion talks with Connecticut and Gonzaga but indicates neither program is being pursued any longer. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Yormark confirms that the big 12 was in expansion talks with Connecticut and Gonzaga but indicates neither program is being pursued any longer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Our “off ramp” will be when basketball contracts are negotiated separately from football. Or when the ncaa tournament money is negotiated in a manner that favors unequal distribution like the CFP. Assuming we’re still elite in MBB and WBB that’s the moment we’re snatched up. Or the Big East doubles in value. Need that to happen sooner rather than later.
Unless of course the P* schools choose not to include us in that contract. Then we're just screwed.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that DB from what i have read. Is that DB is willing to sign onto a high buyout from the big east if the big east gets a good size jump in the next tv contract … but doesn’t want it to stretch to long.. I think he is eyeing the break up of the acc and thinks thats our best chance

Reaction Score
Exactly! Well, except that the article actually says the opposite of that. But otherwise, spot on.

The article is hilarious.

It just shows how clueless UConn is.

They couldn’t foresee the PAC 12 falling apart.

Because pretty much everyone else did when USC and UCLA left. Everyone but Dave and UConn and the dopey CT sportswriters, dupes like you who are less informed than your average CFB Reddit poste

So yeah we weren’t close. Not at all.

Reaction Score
Really? To do what? Stay in the Big East?
Yes. I think all that would be left would be something like Cuse, Wake, BC, SMU, Cal, and Stanford.

I don't think we would join up with that and I wouldn't want to join up with that.

Reaction Score
They are. We want football

I can understand that but scheduling as an independent will get tougher and tougher going forward. The B12 minus football but with a scheduling agreement might be our best option. I think the ACC possible break up is too far down the road.

Reaction Score
The killing stroke was the B1G swooping in at the 11th hour and picking up Oregon and Washington for a fire sale price. If that doesn't happen, Arizona, Arizona state, and Utah don't move and we're in. It was that close.

The thing is though, I really don't see an offramp for us anymore, other than possibly joining the dregs of a picked over ACC in a best of the rest conference. And even then I'm not certain about.

That was always going to happen.

The reason they waited that long was to get those programs on the cheap.

The PAC 12 was parts shop and this summer everyone went shopping.

UConn was a back up plan to a back up plan.

Reaction Score
It is for basketball and the University, we're not going to sacrifice our basketball program/brand again. Brands are what's going to matter in the future.

If we can make more money in an all sports conference then we are gone.

They won’t even hesitate. Not for one second.

Reaction Score
It is for basketball and the University, we're not going to sacrifice our basketball program/brand again. Brands are what's going to matter in the future.

Making less money is not going to do any program in the school favors.

It made sense to leave the AAC because financially it’s a wash.

If the Big East is anything other than a temporary holding area for this place then the whole athletic department is screwed.

Reaction Score

What brands? LOL.

The UConn brand?

If our brand had any real difference making value then we wouldn’t be in this fix.

Reaction Score
Making less money is not going to do any program in the school favors.

It made sense to leave the AAC because financially it’s a wash.

If the Big East is anything other than a temporary holding area for this place then the whole athletic department is screwed.
You haven't even figured out that football is completely screwed yet.

Reaction Score
You haven't even figured out that football is completely screwed yet.

Football is screwed at the moment because we threw a life raft to basketball since they were too stupid to be competitive in the AAC which is a terrible conference.

I’m much more in touch with reality than you are.

If you think that Church League Hoop is going to be part of some future reckoning then you have another thing coming.

Reaction Score
What brands? LOL.

The UConn brand?

If our brand had any real difference making value then we wouldn’t be in this fix.
We're in this mess because of football, it's an albatross around our necks and other conferences don't want to be associated with it.

You'll see that the brands are what matters in the future and UConn basketball is absolutely a brand that matters.

Reaction Score
Football is screwed at the moment because we threw a life raft to basketball since they were too stupid to be competitive in the AAC which is a terrible conference.

I’m much more in touch with reality than you are.

If you think that Church League Hoop is going to be part of some future reckoning then you have another thing coming.
Hahaha, you're one of the dopes who thinks Big East basketball will be left out.

Reaction Score
Hahaha, you're one of the dopes who thinks Big East basketball will be left out.

They will be.

You think they are going to share all that money with crap like Depaiul and Providence.

Ask yourself that question out loud. You will see how dumb you are in short order.

Reaction Score
They will be.

You think they are going to share all that money with crap like Depaiul and Providence.

Ask yourself that question out loud. You will see how dumb you are in short order.
This is hilarious, keep going....

Reaction Score
We're in this mess because of football, it's an albatross around our necks and other conferences don't want to be associated with it.

You'll see that the brands are what matters in the future and UConn basketball is absolutely a brand that matters.

If we had a brand worthy of something we would be in a P5 alresdy.

It’s that simple.

CL82

Reaction Score
The article is hilarious.

It just shows how clueless UConn is.

They couldn’t foresee the PAC 12 falling apart.

Because pretty much everyone else did when USC and UCLA left. Everyone but Dave and UConn and the dopey CT sportswriters, dupes like you who are less informed than your average CFB Reddit poste

So yeah we weren’t close. Not at all.
Absolutely, well, except for all the people who actually have first-hand knowledge who specifically say otherwise, but I'm sure you're right and they're wrong.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, well, except for all the people who actually had information who specifically say otherwise, but I'm sure you're right and they're wrong.

And all of those people have never been right about any of this. So who cares what they perceived.

Someday you will see that this thing is being run by fools.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yes. I think all that would be left would be something like Cuse, Wake, BC, SMU, Cal, and Stanford.

I don't think we would join up with that and I wouldn't want to join up with that.
We could do worse, and actually are. But, in the end is Big East media rights are worth say 8 million a year per school and the ACC leftover media rights are worth, say, 15 million a year per school, we join the leftover league, gratefully.

Reaction Score
You should probably just stick to the MLS.

I hate MLS.

Stick to Catholic League Hoop. Maybe St. Mary’s of Original Sin against Our Lady of Christ’s Eternal Agony will finally get the brand recognition they deserve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom