Yoda-uconn-b12 | The Boneyard

Yoda-uconn-b12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
today he has some stuff to say. were in talks with the b12. b12 wants us to play 2 games a years in yanks bowl in return. i looked and didn't see any 1 here mention it...

1-its another "insider" fwiw
2- if uconn was really talking ot the b12, then we have the b10 on the hook. #B1GHARDER....
3- if the b10 thing isn't good and they pick another instead of us, i would take b12 any day and be the outsider with wvu. the acc.

Reaction Score
I can't find the thread or the post but earlier today/yesterday someone brought it up

Reaction Score
today he has some stuff to say. were in talks with the b12. b12 wants us to play 2 games a years in yanks bowl in return. i looked and didn't see any 1 here mention it...

2- if uconn was really talking ot the b12, then we have the b10 on the hook. #B1GHARDER....
3- if the b10 thing isn't good and they pick another instead of us, i would take b12 any day and be the outsider with wvu. **** the acc.
Someone mentioned it in passing. I don't believe that means we have the B12 on the hook. If anything it would mean the B12 is no longer considering FSU because FSU doesn't want to go there, so they're looking to not get left in the cold with expansion and looking at other candidates. I wouldn't be surprised if this were true, they took us and Cincinnati, with the stipulation that UC plays all conference games at Paul Brown Stadium.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
To be honest... if it came down to it, I'd rather be in the ACC. There I said it (sorry Dan). I'd be fine with us talking to the B12, but only to leverage the ACC or B1G.

the B12! #Begharder to the ACC! #B1GHarder to the B1G!

Then again if it actually comes down to B12 or NNNBE (nonexistent new new Big east)... well I don't think it will actually come down to that but of course then we'd go to the B12.

Reaction Score
I fully expect UConn to get a B1G invite eventually. Certainly an ACC invite. It's just a matter of time.

But as I have posted on several other threads, your own man, Guy Jones, also asserts that UConn is in talks with the B12.

As I interpret Jones' information, if the B12 can add a core of ACC teams, including, according to Jones, Florida State, Clemson, North Carolina, and Duke, then the B12 would reach out for two outlier schools to add two huge markets.

Those outlier schools would be UConn, for the NYC market, and San Diego State, for the San Diego market (and a foothold in the State of California). Farflung conference, that's for sure, but certainly manageable in a pod/division configuration.

As Jones emphasizes, those 6 schools would give the B12 a strong presence in 5 of the largest population centers in the nation: NE Corridor, Texas, Florida, North Carolina, and California. Pretty dang good basketball league, too: UConn, Kansas, UNC, and Duke. And check out the football schools: Texas, Oklahoma, Florida State, Clemson, West Virginia.

I hadn't thought about UConn playing games in NYC, as TuxedoYoda suggests, but it makes a lot of sense from the pov of the B12 (even if it's completely unfair to UConn). As a Texas alum, it would be fantastic to take road trips to NYC to play UConn.

Anyhow, look, UConn is going to land on its feet after the realignment smoke clears. While the B12 is far from UConn's first choice (is the B12 the first choice of anybody?), UConn will undoubtedly be invited to the B1G, ACC, or B12 before all is said and done.

As for me, I would be very happy if Guy Jones' entire scenario played out. I hope it does.

Reaction Score
Jack Nicholson and Danny Devito will be playing lead rolls when the BY Lifetime Movie of the Week is made.

Nurse Ratchet will be played by the infamous Kate Upton.

Has everyone gone mad? Big 12? :confused:

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

3- if the b10 thing isn't good and they pick another instead of us, i would take b12 any day and be the outsider with wvu. **** the acc.

I had posted Yodas tweet on " Does the Big East's instability actually make Connecticut a better pick up?" and on another thread earlier.

It seemed to recite a post by Noeynox...

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Either some people slightly less familiar with the BY are unaware of Guy Jones' origins, or Guy Jones has sockpuppets... either way it's kind of awesome.

Reaction Score
It's just a matter of time, when the big 10 renegotiates is contract the big 12 will realize it needs bigger markets. We very well may end up in the acc, but it won't look anything like it does today.

Reaction Score
Jack Nicholson and Danny Devito will be playing lead rolls when the BY Lifetime Movie of the Week is made.

I wrote this a while back when someone said McMurphy is tweeting about expansion. I never heard of the journalist McMurphy, I only knew one:

McMurphy
@billy Which one of these nuts, Ville or Uconn, has any guts? #screwratchett

McMurphy
That's right, Rutgers. There is an Easter Bunny #notdreaming

---------
Boise St.
@McMurphy I must be nuts to be in a loony bin like the BE #whatdidijoin?

San Diego St.
@Boise St. @McMurphy Come on, Boise. We're here to cooperate 100%. We're not nuts.

Boise St.
@San Diego St. Is this crazy enough for ya'? Want me to take a [dump] on the floor?

UCF
@Boise St. This is the best we can do.

Boise St.
@UCF What are you doin' here? You're young. You oughta be out in a convertible bird-doggin' chicks and bangin' XXXXX in the Sun Belt.

-----------

ACC
@Maryland $50 million exit fee. That's the rule.

CheswickinMD
@ACC Rules? PISS ON YOUR RULES!

--------------

Tobacco Road
@GeneDeFilipper Well we don't wanna break up the meeting or nothin', but you're somethin' of a , aren't ya?

--------------

FloridaSt.
Chairman Swofford! Chairman Swofford! Virginia Tech just voted. Now will you please allow Louisville in?

Swofford
@FloridaSt. The meeting was adjourned and the vote was closed.

FloridaSt.
@Swofford But the vote was 9 to 2 in favor of Louisville. Virginia Tech, he's got his hand up! Look!

Swofford
@Florida St. No, Mr. Seminole. When the meeting was adjourned, the vote was 8 to 3.

FloridaSt.
@Swofford Aw come on, you're not gonna say that now! You're not gonna say that now! You're gonna pull that hen house s***? Now when the vote... Virginia Tech just voted - it was 9 to 2. Now I want that Louisville in *right now*!

-------------

Cincy
@Louisville Ville... they said you escaped. I knew you wouldn't leave without me. I was waiting for you. Now we can make it, Ville; we can leave the Big East. I feel big as a damn mountain.

Cincy
@Louisville Ville?

Cincy
@Louisville Oh no.

-----------------

BCtotheB10
@ACC We're gone! #suckers

ACC
@BCtotheB10 Have you ever heard of the old saying "a rolling stone gathers no moss?" Does that mean something to you?

BCtotheB10
@ACC It's the same as "don't wash your dirty underwear in public." [Here at BC we never reveal internal conversations to the media.]

ACC
@BCtotheB10 I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

BCtotheB10
@ACC Because we're smarter than you, aren't we?

-----------------------

FloridaSt.
@GTech What are we doing in here, 'Wreck? Huh? What's us two guys doing in this place? Let's get out of here. Out.

GTech
@FloridaSt. Big12?

FloridaSt.
@GTech Big12. We'll be there before these sonnoffabetches know what hit 'em. Listen to me on this one. It's easier than you think.

GTech
@FloridaSt. For you, maybe. You're a lot bigger than me.

------------------------

ESPN
@BigEast No, no, I'll show you some more tricks. You ain't seen the Spanish deck yet. That's 20 percent more torture!

------------------------

Louisville
@UConn Get out of my way son, you're usin' my oxygen.

------------------------

ACC
@UConn [Preliminary Interview] Well, the real reason that you haven't joined us yet is we're still evaluating you. To determine whether or not you are going to be a stable member. This is the real reason. Why do you think we might think that?

UConn
@ACC Well, as near as I can figure out, it's 'cause I, uh, fight and [duck*] too much.

Reaction Score
Either some people slightly less familiar with the BY are unaware of Guy Jones' origins, or Guy Jones has sockpuppets... either way it's kind of awesome.

On second thought, it is great that we have our very own insider in the twitterverse.

Reaction Score
As best I can tell, it looks to me like the SEC may be willing to alter its end-game strategy. By all accounts, the SEC has been targeting the States of Virginia and North Carolina in moving from 14 to 16.

Now, however, it looks like the SEC might be willing to live with owning the State of North Carolina lock, stock, and barrel. The SEC might be willing to bite off on the UNC/Duke combo, foregoing the State of Virginia, and precluding UNC/Duke from enticing the B12 with their "package deal." If both UNC and Duke joined the SEC, the State of North Carolina would be locked down SEC.

IMO, the B12 would take a UNC/Duke package deal in a NY minute (pun intended), since the B12 has 6 slots to give, but I thought the only other conference that might take UNC/Duke as a package deal would be the B1G, and never the SEC. The SEC has seemed adamant about wanting a presence in both North Carolina and Virginia. SEC thinking may have evolved and morphed into varying shades of blue.

So it may be that the SEC winds up with UNC/Duke and not the B12, who knows? If so, then that SEC move would open up the State of Virginia to the B12: either UVA or VPI, depending on the B1G. Either UVA or VPI and some other school (GT?; Miami?), which would then set up the B12 end-game scenario.

First things first: The key to B12 expansion is Florida State. B12 expansion must include Florida State or the B12 may be royally screwed blue. Florida State is an absolute must for the B12. Florida State must happen.

Query: Would the B1G move to 20 at this point in time? If so, UConn can say hello B1G, and the B12 can cry its eyes out as the B1G probably also removes FSU from the equation.

Barring a B1G move to 20, however, Florida State may well fall into the B12's lap. If so, then the B12 is golden and may move all the way to 16. If it does that will mean, IMO, that Guy Jones will undoubtedly be proven to be correct: At numbers 15 and 16 (with FSU and friends in the fold), the B12 will need to think "big markets". As in "really big markets".

I don't know about San Diego State (although I am personally much intrigued by the Golden State addition -- babes, beaches, and beer), but if UConn is still in play, and if UConn could find a way to accept life as a member of the B12, UConn to the B12 might very well happen. Who else can offer the B12 the market that UConn can offer? And if UConn would be willing to go the extra mile (extra 140 miles?) and play 2 games in NYC, how could the B12 resist offering UConn? I mean, NYC -- get outahere!

The interesting thing is that all of this could play out in the next several days or weeks. The lull in the storm right now is the B1G. Are they waiting a few days for ND to smell the coffee before moving to 16? 14 is a scheduling nightmare. The B1G will get done this off-season. Even McMurphy is reporting that the ACC needs to be "afraid".

The culmination of big league realignment may be upon us. Well, except for the PAC. Does the PAC really count?

Reaction Score

B12? Who makes this stuff up? Next you will tell me Rutty is going to the B1G.

Reaction Score
I know it will never happen but if the B12 wants to go to 12 they should try to make a deal with the ACC where by UL goes to the B12 with Cincy and then the ACC takes UConn. The two conferences agree not to poach each other in the future.

People quickly forget how chaotic the B12 was a year ago. They want conference stability as much as anyone else. Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas are potential targets for multiple conferences.

Reaction Score
As best I can tell, it looks to me like the SEC may be willing to alter its end-game strategy. By all accounts, the SEC has been targeting the States of Virginia and North Carolina in moving from 14 to 16.

Now, however, it looks like the SEC might be willing to live with owning the State of North Carolina lock, stock, and barrel. The SEC might be willing to bite off on the UNC/Duke combo, foregoing the State of Virginia, and precluding UNC/Duke from enticing the B12 with their "package deal." If both UNC and Duke joined the SEC, the State of North Carolina would be locked down SEC.
Not that I believe UNC and Duke want any part of the SEC, but them filling out the SEC would really up UConn's chances of the B1G, as now Virginia would want to move, and we'd likely be their partner (with Syracuse maybe being in the cards...I don't buy BC at all).

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Bummer. I guess I was disqualified for not putting my answer in the form of a hashtag. Should've brushed up on the rules. #ThisBegGoesTo12

Plus, in fairness, too many young whippersnappers on the board won't even get the reference.
How much more black could the situation be? The answer is none. None more black.

Ian Faith: The Boston gig has been cancelled...
David St. Hubbins: What?
Ian Faith: Yeah. I wouldn't worry about it though, it's not a big college town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom