yet another package deal article:only 4 recruiting junkies | The Boneyard

yet another package deal article:only 4 recruiting junkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
Definitely seems like that is the order of where Newman/Stone is more likely to land. Good to see we're first.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
“Somewhere that we can go in and make a big impact right off the bat”. That does concern me...

Reaction Score
I'm sure someone has asked before so sorry but do they have any timeline on when they're going to decide? I know Stone has been keeping things tight, but Newman sure hasn't, and his rough decision plan will be the same as Stone's.

pj

Reaction Score
“Somewhere that we can go in and make a big impact right off the bat”. That does concern me...

The "big impact" they would have at UConn is winning another national championship.

That's bigger than just leading NC State in scoring.

Reaction Score
Why? They could come in and make a big impact right off the bat for any team in the country.

Reaction Score
If you are talking about guarantees (of making a big impact), I agree. Brimah and others may play a part in that happening, or not. There is legitimate competition on our team right now. Sure they are expected to be super frosh, but freshman nonetheless.

Who was the last freshman who made a big impact right off the bat (i.e. day 1) at UConn?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
If you are talking about guarantees (of making a big impact), I agree. Brimah and others may play a part in that happening, or not. There is legitimate competition on our team right now. Sure they are expected to be super frosh, but freshman nonetheless.

Who was the last freshman who made a big impact right off the bat (i.e. day 1) at UConn?
Thats what im saying...Very few. And when they did they were on teams that werent very deep (caron, kemba). Imagine the competition at the 5 in 15-16? That will probably be the most experienced front court in the coutry and at guard we could go 5 deep.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think Stone would be less of a problem than Newman. He can play a lot of PF from day one. Purvis and Boat are harder to sit.

Reaction Score
I think Stone would be less of a problem than Newman. He can play a lot of PF from day one. Purvis and Boat are harder to sit.

Boat will be gone by the time Newman gets here. Purvis probably has the ambition to leave also but that isn't a definite.

Reaction Score
Any team maybe minus a UK team that just lost all 5 starters again would have competition for PT. We will be no different from Duke, Kansas, Zona ect. Wisconsin is going to be losing a lot of players but I don't see them going there.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Boat will be gone by the time Newman gets here. Purvis probably has the ambition to leave also but that isn't a definite.

On vacation, obviously left my brain home.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Ben Gordon sort of...averaged 12.6 his first year. Rip averaged almost 16.

Reaction Score
Corny Thompson's ultimate first yr impact 18.6ppg, 10 bds/gm

I think it is time for corny part 2; UCONN cannot "guard" em to death forever

time is now to bring into play the "change up"

where is the front court dominator when you really need him

I say take a chance on Mr. Comanch

Reaction Score
chapwilvaug72 said:
Corny Thompson's ultimate first yr impact 18.6ppg, 10 bds/gm I think it is time for corny part 2; UCONN cannot "guard" em to death forever time is now to bring into play the "change up" where is the front court dominator when you really need him I say take a chance on Mr. Comanch

Well you've won me over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer