yet another:Abu, Terrell Still Talking Recruiting Package | The Boneyard

yet another:Abu, Terrell Still Talking Recruiting Package

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kansas. I think the only reason they offered Terrell was to get in better position with Abu.

Reaction Score
You know, we will have 5 or 6 open scholarships for 2014. Why not take on the both of them if it guarantees getting AMA? Terrell seems like a solid kid, and may be a very useful role player down the road.

Reaction Score
You know, we will have 5 or 6 open scholarships for 2014. Why not take on the both of them if it guarantees getting AMA? Terrell seems like a solid kid, and may be a very useful role player down the road.

I agree 100%. take them both. also take Khadeem Carrington with possibly that many ships open

Reaction Score
If you like the package do it, but you have to like both of them as a piece. If the staff believes the best Terrell can offer is a role player potentially then you can't do it this early. Too many other options out there! Can't take away a chance for an Oubre or Peak just because...............just my thoughts!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If you like the package do it, but you have to like both of them as a piece. If the staff believes the best Terrell can offer is a role player potentially then you can't do it this early. Too many other options out there! Can't take away a chance for an Oubre or Peak just because...............just my thoughts!
And here I thought you were hesitating on the deal because of the way the last package deal worked out!;)

Reaction Score

Terrell is ranked above some the UConn top targets. Role player? Kid is top 50.

Reaction Score
He is ranked better then dyson his junior year

Reaction Score
It doesn't sound like the staff is going after Terrell very hard. He hasn't mentioned UConn recruiting him in a while. Seems to me like we are after 5 or 6 other SG/SF's before him. Oubre, Hill, Carrington, LJ Peak, Robinson and Chatman.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
In terms of rankings, Terrell kinda fell off this past year. Doesn't mean anything though.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
And here I thought you were hesitating on the deal because of the way the last package deal worked out!;)

Going back even further, were Jake Voskuhl and Mike LeBlanc a package deal? I know they were hs teammates...

Reaction Score
In terms of rankings, Terrell kinda fell off this past year. Doesn't mean anything though.

I would take him. I can see why Ollie isn't going at him as tough as other guys though. Terrell is strong, really athletic and has a nice feel for the game. But the other guys we are recruiting seem to have better speed, and superior height/length over Terrell. Ollie seems to be going after taller, longer guys in Hill, Oubre, Peak. Maybe it's because we already have Purvis who has a similar build to Terrell. Though obviously Purvis is at a higher level. I really have no clue, just speculating bc I'm bored.

Reaction Score
Going back even further, were Jake Voskuhl and Mike LeBlanc a package deal? I know they were hs teammates...

Not really...it was LeBlanc we were looking at and then the staff saw Voskuhl during their practice and loved his motor.

pj

Reaction Score
I would take him. I can see why Ollie isn't going at him as tough as other guys though. Terrell is strong, really athletic and has a nice feel for the game. But the other guys we are recruiting seem to have better speed, and superior height/length over Terrell. Ollie seems to be going after taller, longer guys in Hill, Oubre, Peak. Maybe it's because we already have Purvis who has a similar build to Terrell. Though obviously Purvis is at a higher level. I really have no clue, just speculating bc I'm bored.

I like what Ollie is doing. His strength is knowing how to make it in the NBA, and he will help players maximize their value to the NBA. If he can start with players with the size and athleticism the NBA craves, he can make UConn an NBA factory. Once we've had a few UConn classes of top draft picks and NBA all-stars, all-rookie team members, recruiting will get easy.

Reaction Score
I like what Ollie is doing. His strength is knowing how to make it in the NBA, and he will help players maximize their value to the NBA. If he can start with players with the size and athleticism the NBA craves, he can make UConn an NBA factory. Once we've had a few UConn classes of top draft picks and NBA all-stars, all-rookie team members, recruiting will get easy.
You make it sound so simple.

pj

Reaction Score
You make it sound so simple.

So simple, yet how many in the NCAA coaching fraternity could execute it as well as Kevin Ollie? No other NCAA coach has his NBA experience or his knowledge of the little things or the mindset that generate NBA success.

Reaction Score
So simple, yet how many in the NCAA coaching fraternity could execute it as well as Kevin Ollie? No other NCAA coach has his NBA experience or his knowledge of the little things or the mindset that generate NBA success.

coach k, izzo, self, and even the squid to some extent...just to name a few. I'd cool off on the expectations a bit before you try and throw Ollie into a league all of his own. Ollie is not the first NBA player to try his hand at coaching so don't make it out like it's a given (i get to hear nc state fans whine about sydney lowe all the time and he had a similar pedigree, without quite the reputation, but with much more coaching experience).

I don't doubt KO's ability to succeed, but let's not anoint him as the next john wooden quite yet

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
We would take both of them 2moro if they called. I want both as they are great prospects. Focus on Abu more but both are clearly capable recruits. And locals....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom