Yet again, congrats from a Spartan fan: Kentucky! | The Boneyard

Yet again, congrats from a Spartan fan: Kentucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That game had me on the edge because Napier was cranky, yet ultimately awesome. He seemed frustrated by Ky's length. Daniels wasn't on his A game, but he made some crucial baskets in the paint, esp at the end there - that took the wind out Ky's sails.

I felt that small run and clock management at the midway point of the second half was amazing - showed discipline and tremendous nerve under pressure. The halfcourt scheming was also brilliant - Ky lost patience and missed rebounds at the end of the shot clock because they were caught ball-watching.

I also started plotting Ky's FT woes - I knew this would finally bite them in their behinds.

Ollie not only outcoached Izzo, but everyone in his path.

Awesome for UConn and CT fans.

Why your dicks got left in the wind during expansion is just stunning to me. I will continue to take crap and plead your case to the BIG and the delusional BIG fans stuck on football and AAU status.

What a night. I think I know who my second favorite basketball programs is now:

U MF Conn!!!!!

SPECIAL SPECIAL FACTS HERE:
You are now tied with Duke for most NCs in the Modern Era & the only team two beat Ky and Duke in the process - all victories coming in the semi-finals or NCG. T

PS
I think we gave you the best game, St. Joe's as well.

Reaction Score
That game had me on the edge because Napier was cranky, yet ultimately awesome. He seemed frustrated by Ky's length. Daniels wasn't on his A game, but he made some crucial baskets in the paint, esp at the end there - that took the wind out Ky's sails.

I felt that small run and clock management at the midway point of the second half was amazing - showed discipline and tremendous nerve under pressure. The halfcourt scheming was also brilliant - Ky lost patience and missed rebounds at the end of the shot clock because they were caught ball-watching.

I also started plotting Ky's FT woes - I knew this would finally bite them in their behinds.

Ollie not only outcoached Izzo, but everyone in his path.

Awesome for UConn and CT fans.

Why your dicks got left in the wind during expansion is just stunning to me. I will continue to take crap and plead your case to the BIG and the delusional BIG fans stuck on football and AAU status.

What a night. I think I know who my second favorite basketball programs is now:

U MF Conn!!!!!

SPECIAL SPECIAL FACTS HERE:
You are now tied with Duke for most NCs in the Modern Era & the only team two beat Ky and Duke in the process - all victories coming in the semi-finals or NCG. T
PS I think we gave you the best game, St. Joe's as well.

Good post.

Don't be surprised if UConn sues the P5.

Reaction Score
Good post.

Don't be surprised if UConn sues the P5.

They should. Or better yet, win another NC tomorrow night and moon the world, esp the ACC & maybe even the BIG for the Rutgers move, though I don't mind Rutgers & partially understand the move.

I believe in potential and you never know who the next UConn in hoops, Oregon in football, could put Wisconsin here as well, or Northwestern in women's lacrosse IS. Traditional excellence requires a starting point - slate's pretty much clean at the start of each season, most sports. Heck, I remember when AZ was a nobody in basketball, then they poached Lute Olson from Iowa.

I generally think long-term. But it's not easy in this instant BS world.

I remember alway pulling for UConn, minus a matchup with Sparty, during the years when Calhoun just couldn't get past either a Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight. Missed FTs (Florida and Donyell Marshall), Duke, Duke, UCLA, etc. People nearly wrote Calhoun off, then came Khalid El-Amin (local boy) & Rip Hamilton. Sh_t can change.

PS I think you've mentioned your PSU ties as well - look at the cultural change Cael Sanderson has brought PSU wrestling in just 5 years - btw, my alma mater choked this year - we had it, but lost it. Anyways, that's precisely my point, again here.

Reaction Score
We got the funk!

Actually good idea, cueing up Parliament right now & thinking of Cal's words of wisdom.

PS Love that Calhoun called him BShitter on talk radio.

Reaction Score
They should. Or better yet, win another NC tomorrow night and moon the world, esp the ACC & maybe even the BIG for the Rutgers move, though I don't mind Rutgers & partially understand the move.

I believe in potential and you never know who the next UConn in hoops, Oregon in football, could put Wisconsin here as well, or Northwestern in women's lacrosse IS. Traditional excellence requires a starting point - slate's pretty much clean at the start of each season, most sports. Heck, I remember when AZ was a nobody in basketball, then they poached Lute Olson from Iowa.

I generally think long-term. But it's not easy in this instant BS world.

I remember alway pulling for UConn, minus a matchup with Sparty, during the years when Calhoun just couldn't get past either a Sweet Sixteen or Elite Eight. Missed FTs (Florida and Donyell Marshall), Duke, Duke, UCLA, etc. People nearly wrote Calhoun off, then came Khalid El-Amin (local boy) & Rip Hamilton. Sh_t can change.

PS I think you've mentioned your PSU ties as well - look at the cultural change Cael Sanderson has brought PSU wrestling in just 5 years - btw, my alma mater choked this year - we had it, but lost it. Anyways, that's precisely my point, again here.

Even though I have a degree from PSU, I grew up following PSU football and became a fan, same reason as UConn bball. But I'm more of a bball fan than football. I don't see anything changing for UConn when it comes to conferences, and I think they need to explore a lawsuit once the P5 locks things down with that new proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom