Yes!!! - Bill Walton 30 for 30 | The Boneyard

Yes!!! - Bill Walton 30 for 30

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
ESPN has now announced the Dates. 2 parts on 6/6 2 parts on 6/13

Its a 4 Part series!

This may end being the high water mark of Television. Can't get any better than this. Shut it down afterward.

…The film is a kaleidoscopic trip through Walton’s life and memory, accompanied by the soundtrack of his life: the music of the Grateful Dead.

In James’s hands, the story winds back and forth through time and space, from the heights of the NBA in Portland and Boston to the wilds of Oregon, from the chaos of civic unrest and antiwar protest at UCLA to the simple pursuit of being able to live a pain-free existence. Through it all, Walton’s life serves as a colorful, tie-dyed answer to the deeper questions we all face: what does it mean to be happy? What does it mean to be free? Unifying themes across decades and various cities, it is a story of the times – tied together by the perfect soundtrack of the era and, as always, Walton’s ebullient spirit.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
AW watching this surrounded by a big pile of Arby's.

dodgeball GIF

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Can’t wait! Crappy music but we’ll get past that for a deep dive into the GOAT ;)

Reaction Score
I think Uconn should have it's on 30 for 30 as a top blue blood school as Duke and Kentucky has one of its own and every time we play those teams in the post season we always find ways to beat them. Bill 30 fo 30 wouldn't be as good as a Geno or Jim's

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This will be great... What a ridiculous life he has had.

Turned one great season into a reputation as one of the best ever. Walton also lived the dream of regularly being high on the job and his bosses being totally cool with it.

Reaction Score
I think Uconn should have it's on 30 for 30 as a top blue blood school as Duke and Kentucky has one of its own and every time we play those teams in the post season we always find ways to beat them. Bill 30 fo 30 wouldn't be as good as a Geno or Jim's
At first I thought I liked this idea only because I was homer but literally no other schools have had this kind of success in both men’s and women’s. If Duke or Kentucky won a couple of women’s titles I bet one gets made.

The only school that has a legitimate shot of winning both in the same year again is still UConn

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? When stoned? On top of the Rockies?

Or was that an hallucination?

"the conference of champions". I wonder if he's going to say that about the B10+ now? Afterall, they're not nearly as good in volleyball or water polo.

Last edited:

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
LOL the guy whose nose is on Waltons left shoulder is from Hamden .
That’s impressive facial recognition!! (Unless you were previously familiar with the photo, ha)

Reaction Score
Bill was uber-talented with outstanding BBIQ.. Wooden was his guru and recognized his unique skills.. The rest is about Bill's different view of the world.. Celtics gig was off the charts.. Larry/Kevin/Chief/KC were never the same..

Reaction Score
Did you ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? When stoned? On top of the Rockies?

Or was that an hallucination?

"the conference of champions". I wonder if he's going to say that about the B10+ now? Afterall, they're not nearly as good in volleyball or water polo.
Hmm interesting, he says he doesn’t like to travel east of the Mississippi

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
He might not know when he's east of the Mississippi

Just tell him he's Colorado. He'll be happy

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads