Yeah Clark, that game was played at such a high level... | The Boneyard

Yeah Clark, that game was played at such a high level...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's the good news and bad news…..they're big and can hurt us down low and their guards are huge………

Good news they can't guard Bazz…..NO ONE is like Wilbeken…..he's getting 36 on his way out with another ring!

Reaction Score
I'm watching the replays and the space we gave to Wilbekin/Frazier/Prather is like night and day to what Wisconsin gave the Harrisons and Young. They were basically given headstarts to run to the rim.

Reaction Score
It is pretty amazing how much more focus the analysts are giving offense than on defense. It's as if when a team scores it's because they ran great offense and when a team misses, than they took bad shots or just couldn't make them. However, we all know defense wins championships.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm watching the replays and the space we gave to Wilbekin/Frazier/Prather is like night and day to what Wisconsin gave the Harrisons and Young. They were basically given headstarts to run to the rim.

I also think UK will likely get frustrated and lose their composure. You could see it happening tonight, but Wisconsin just kept shooting themselves in the foot and couldn't capitalize.

Reaction Score
As soon as I saw the space given to Harrison to make that last shot, I said to myself, no way that UConn gives you that much space, especially with a 2 point game. Our defense is unreal right now.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The best thing we have going for us is that similar to every other opponent to date in this tourney they are facing us coming off at least one recent game where their opponent did not defend much at all. The worst thing is that if we don't protect the defensive glass better than we have all season it won't matter how well we defend or even if they bother to run any offense as they will get a ton of second (and third, fourth, etc.) chance opportunities.

Reaction Score
I'm watching the replays and the space we gave to Wilbekin/Frazier/Prather is like night and day to what Wisconsin gave the Harrisons and Young. They were basically given headstarts to run to the rim.[/quote\

Absolutely; and if one of the Harrison's drove from the wing(barely challenged) to just below the foul line and lofted a soft pass to the hoop that was either jammed or layed in once they did it 25 times during the game; and Wisconsin didn't even seem to recognize the play. I don't understand why Bo Ryan didn't adjust for it; or, if he did, his team clearly didn't execute.

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE WILDCATS!!!
555.jpg

628x471.jpg

Limbo Land

Pounding Down the Doors!
Reaction Score
TO many positive thoughts on this thread….. don't you know we are doomed!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
They have a team of McDonald's All - America's and our players eat at McDonald's.

Reaction Score
A lot of positive thoughts but any realist knows we are DOOOOOOOOOMED!

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
How they weren't in Harrison's face on the last play is shocking. I don't care how far behind the line he was -- it's the guy you don't want taking a three, and they basically rolled out the red carpet for him. Ridiculous.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
They have a team of McDonald's All - America's and our players eat at McDonald's.

DOMMMMBMOMMMMD

(that's me saying "DOOMED" with a big mac in my mouth)

Reaction Score
How they weren't in Harrison's face on the last play is shocking. I don't care how far behind the line he was -- it's the guy you don't want taking a three, and they basically rolled out the red carpet for him. Ridiculous.

so true, especially with so little time on the clock, get up on him, make him dribble and use clock. Play like you're ahead. And the defender had his hands down as well, serious no-no.

Reaction Score
Basketball 101: We're small their tall.

We're doomed.

Reaction Score
"Here's the .... bad news…..they're big and can hurt us down low and their guards are huge………"

Too Big To Fail

Yup, Doomed.

Reaction Score
The talking heads even said how Harrison made that shot despite great defense...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom