Yankuba Sima (Committed to St. John's) | The Boneyard

Yankuba Sima (Committed to St. John's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
6-foot-11, 215 lb center from down in Florida via Africa and Spain (who he represents internationally). He's a 4-star prospect who has steadily been climbing the charts over the last couple of months. His offensive game is raw, but he's described as an elite defender and monster rebounder with great hands.

As far as I know, we're not recruiting him. But I'm bringing him up because Maryland has long been considered a solid favorite to land him, with Louisville the other big team in the mix.

But... Louisville just landed two pure centers in the class of 2014, and another big this year while Maryland are suddenly gaining momentum with Stone. If they land him... I mean, I hate that we're being out-recruited by lesser programs, but this could be a nice way to turn lemons into lemonade:

It would be very "Calhoun" of Ollie to find a guy like this late. Let's hope this kid is at least on the radar.

Reaction Score
6-foot-11, 215 lb center from down in Florida via Africa and Spain (who he represents internationally). He's a 4-star prospect who has steadily been climbing the charts over the last couple of months. His offensive game is raw, but he's described as an elite defender and monster rebounder with great hands.

It would be very "Calhoun" of Ollie to find a guy like this late. Let's hope this kid is at least on the radar.

Agreed, I think we could use more size regardless. However I would really love an incoming offensive oriented big. Hopefully Enoch is my answer.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Agreed, I think we could use more size regardless. However I would really love an incoming offensive oriented big. Hopefully Enoch is my answer.
Hopefully, though he's still considered to be pretty raw.

That said, I have very high hopes for the continued development of Facey & Brimah on that side of the ball. I think they'll both be much improved next season.

Reaction Score
That said, I have very high hopes for the continued development of Facey & Brimah on that side of the ball. I think they'll both be much improved next season.

They are only Sophs so there is plenty of time for development there.... fingers crossed.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

As far as I know, we're not recruiting him. But I'm bringing him up because Maryland has long been considered a solid favorite to land him, with Louisville the other big team in the mix.

But... Louisville just landed two pure centers in the class of 2014, and another big this year while Maryland are suddenly gaining momentum with Stone. If they land him... I mean, I hate that we're being out-recruited by lesser programs, but this could be a nice way to turn lemons into lemonade:

Seemed to box out with good consistency and showed patience on when to jump on his shot blocks. His skills seem to duplicate Amida's but they would likely only overlap for one year.

Reaction Score
Need some bulk, wouldn't say no but not what I would consider a good answer.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Considering we have 9 scholarship players, why not.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Considering we have 9 scholarship players, why not.

I'd love to have him, but I'm not sure if he's even on the staff's radar. And if they're all going to be rolling out the red carpet for S. Miller, then I'd have to say I prefer that.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'd love to have him, but I'm not sure if he's even on the staff's radar. And if they're all going to be rolling out the red carpet for S. Miller, then I'd have to say I prefer that.
Oh of course. I highly doubt we sign up for another frontcourt project. We have like 4 of those already..

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Look for him to be a Johnnie in a few hours.

Reaction Score
He'd give us exactly what we need right now... REBOUNDING HELP....

Reaction Score
Man this is really starting to suck. Just like that to the Johnies. We need something soooo bad. Hearing about guys going here ; there and everywhere is slowly taking a freaking toll on me.

Reaction Score
Man this is really starting to suck. Just like that to the Johnies. We need something soooo bad. Hearing about guys going here ; there and everywhere is slowly taking a freaking toll on me.

Dude... we weren't recruiting this kid.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
No program in the country gets players to commit without even putting in any effort to recruit them. Unfortunately UCONN is no exception.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It's tough to hear, but most players will end up going somewhere other than UConn.

Reaction Score
My advise stick to the Best Beer thread

Reaction Score
My advise stick to the Best Beer thread
He is just a very loyal and involved fan who is justifiably disappointed in the recruiting results so far!!!!!! And I don't blame him!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom