OT: - Yale's James Jones: "There's a party in New England, and we're not invited." | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Yale's James Jones: "There's a party in New England, and we're not invited."

Reaction Score

With their endowment they should be scheduling any team he wants to schedule and paying whatever it takes to facilitate it.
Very interesting articles on the competence of the people they hire to manage the Endowment and how they boost its value.

Don't know much about venture capital and private equity or if that is possible for a state university, but nice if UConn could use some of the investing strategies.

Yale must pay top dollar for their investment CEO, I would think.

Rasputin

The Mad Monk
Reaction Score
Yale always gave us the high-hat when their FB was big. They were never coming to Storrs back then. Reap, sow...
Actually, back in the day, Yale let UConn be the host team at the Yale Bowl every other year. As I recall, it was the biggest moneymaker for UConn football on the home schedule. UConn did not want to play in Storrs as they made more money at the Yale Bowl. I would go every year. Sometimes I even went in to watch part of the game.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Actually, back in the day, Yale let UConn be the host team at the Yale Bowl every other year. As I recall, it was the biggest moneymaker for UConn football on the home schedule. UConn did not want to play in Storrs as they made more money at the Yale Bowl. I would go every year. Sometimes I even went in to watch part of the game.

So many people went to that game year after year and never set foot in the stadium.

Reaction Score
The last school I am going to feel sorry for is Yale. Not UConn’s job to look after their athletic department - if you want games, buy them and stop whining about it. They do not want to pay for games, but they want these games on the schedule…and, oh, by the way, they’re not coming to UConn unless they get paid.

He’s 6-7, didn’t play last year and he talks like he’s some kind of Gonzaga East situation going….they can F off.
Could not agree more. Win the Ivy League and a game or two in the tournament and then talk like this. UConn owes you nothing.

Reaction Score
Very interesting articles on the competence of the people they hire to manage the Endowment and how they boost its value.

Don't know much about venture capital and private equity or if that is possible for a state university, but nice if UConn could use some of the investing strategies.

Yale must pay top dollar for their investment CEO, I would think.
My daughter works at Yale after graduating from UConn. While working as a student in a Lab at UConn she had to request a $30 piece of equipment and went through layers of approval and lots of time. At Yale, she needed a $300+ item and her boss said just order it. We really do need to figure out how to get more research grant funds and remove as much of the state bureaucracy as we can from being an impediment. And sure a bigger, well invested endowment would also help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom