Yale [?] gets a 5 star! | The Boneyard

Yale [?] gets a 5 star!

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Did we know this? I see that Yale got a HoopGurlz 5 star...Gatorade POY in Colorado...
Camilla Emsbo...coming in as a frosh this year...6'4"....top 50 player.

newsincerity

New Sincerity
Reaction Score
She's not ranked as high by the other services. She has a twin sister ranked lower who I think signed with Princeton.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Did we know this? I see that Yale got a HoopGurlz 5 star...Gatorade POY in Colorado...
Camilla Emsbo...coming in as a frosh this year...6'4"....top 50 player.

Great get by Yale HC Allison Guth and former recruiting coordinator Melissa D'Amico, before she moved to Wake Forest a month or so. Continue to get players like that and you can possibly make a run at Princeton and Penn.

Reaction Score
The WNBA maximum pay is $110,000 the rookie minimum is $38,000. I bet the average Yale grad far exceeds both numbers with respect to pay. I’m surprised more top female BB players don’t go that route.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The WNBA maximum pay is $110,000 the rookie minimum is $38,000. I bet the average Yale grad far exceeds both numbers with respect to pay. I’m surprised more top female BB players don’t go that route.
The average Yale grad with 8-10 years of experience may surpass $110K, but I doubt their new grads do. And most new grads don’t exceed $38K for 4 months.

Reaction Score

She'll get a Rhodes Scholarship, come back and graduate from Harvard Law. Then go to Wall Street making millions. Then run for United States Senate.

Big bucks.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The average Yale grad with 8-10 years of experience may surpass $110K, but I doubt their new grads do. And most new grads don’t exceed $38K for 4 months.

Two daughters that went to ND. One is in her second year out, and will make almost $70K this year the other graduated in 2011, and she will exceed $130,000. Neither could play basketball for crap, but were very good students. I would assume Yale would be similar in pay.

Reaction Score
Probably two reasons right off the top. One) Unless their parent(s) are rich, they don't have $50K per year to go there. There are no scholarships in the Ivy League, kids are on the hook for all tuition and loans. Two) Most top female or male BB players don't have the grades to get into an Ivy League school. There are no exceptions made for athletes, they must meet the standards.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Two daughters that went to ND. One is in her second year out, and will make almost $70K this year the other graduated in 2011, and she will exceed $130,000. Neither could play basketball for crap, but were very good students. I would assume Yale would be similar in pay.
Those are solid income numbers. The chosen major definitely affects the pay.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Probably two reasons right off the top. One) Unless their parent(s) are rich, they don't have $50K per year to go there. There are no scholarships in the Ivy League, kids are on the hook for all tuition and loans. Two) Most top female or male BB players don't have the grades to get into an Ivy League school. There are no exceptions made for athletes, they must meet the standards.
Yale has a huge endowment and offers academic scholarships. Need is a primary determinant.

arch

Reaction Score

One) At Yale, over 50% get aid.
Two) Coaches are given some leeway(sp) so kids who would normally not be accepted do get in. This probably does not contradict your point about “standards”.

Reaction Score
Yale has a huge endowment and offers academic scholarships. Need is a primary determinant.
And that may be true. However, the figures I saw were that "after aid" the cost is around $21K per year which is still expensive for most families. And as you may know, no Ivy League school may offer an athlete a better package than any other Ivy school. We encountered that firsthand when my daughter was choosing between Dartmouth, Harvard, and Columbia. It may only apply to athletes though.

Reaction Score
One) At Yale, over 50% get aid.
Two) Coaches are given some leeway(sp) so kids who would normally not be accepted do get in. This probably does not contradict your point about “standards”.
The only leeway that I'm aware of coaches getting is pertaining to overall class size. Because of the competition for acceptance into the overall incoming class, if a coach needs say two recruits to fill their roster, admissions will reserve those two spots in the class for them but the two kids must meet the academic criteria for acceptance. In other words, in 2017 Harvard accepted 2029 incoming freshman students. If these 2 recruits had qualified as # 2040 and #2045, the coach would have gotten them but they must be academically qualified.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And that may be true. However, the figures I saw were that "after aid" the cost is around $21K per year which is still expensive for most families. And as you may know, no Ivy League school may offer an athlete a better package than any other Ivy school. We encountered that firsthand when my daughter was choosing between Dartmouth, Harvard, and Columbia. It may only apply to athletes though.
Tough choices! Where did she wind up? My son got a graduate degree from Columbia.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Marketing is the one making $130.
If she has only an undergrad degree, that’s doing well.

Among the MBA specialties, I believe that Marketing and Management are the 2 with the lowest starting pay.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yea, not so much.

Yale grads earn more than most peers, less than other Ivy students
$66,000 (10 years after enrollment, so 6 years after grad - if I'm reading that right)
I think limiting the data to students on aid skews the pay numbers downward across the board. I’m surprised that Yale ranked 7th among Ivies. I had a lot of info on Brown, as a graduate and alumnus interviewer, and they ranked low. In general, Brown students seemed less focused on money than students at Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and Penn.

Reaction Score
If she has only an undergrad degree, that’s doing well.

Among the MBA specialties, I believe that Marketing and Management are the 2 with the lowest starting pay.

Yes, she only has an undergrad degree. (But it’s an ND degree)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom