Yahoo: What A Shock, Syracuse Ignored Basic Drug Rules | The Boneyard

Yahoo: What A Shock, Syracuse Ignored Basic Drug Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I thought fab melo's return from suspension was awfully quick.:cool:

Kind of a move by Yahoo quoting JB's no comment and throwing in the Bernie Fine reference at the end for no real reason.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i'm waiting for yahoo to take it a step further and say something like, "fines wife most likely smooked and shot up with the players before enganging them in sex"

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Jamal Coombs-McDaniel should have gone to cuse

Reaction Score
Co- 'written' by Pat Forde.

He probably feels the need to go after Syracuse after they slapped around his beloved Cards.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Ten players over ten years smoked pot. Whoopdie-do.

I think the issue is playing these guys after a positive test. Not that by modern standards, ten is a huge number.

Reaction Score
yahoo sports and yahoo news for that matter are sad excuses for journalism.

Reaction Score
At UConn the campus police would have had them arrested then posted their names in the police blotter. I think the way SU does it (keeps it all in house) is the way the rest of the world (not located in Storrs) does it.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
Public University vs. Private.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Not that I'd mind seeing Syracuse take a shot, but this story has a lot of "who cares" to it.

Reaction Score
I'm just interested to see what kind of national frenzy or lack thereof this sparks. Judging by recent history, if this had been UConn, ESPN would be running the headline non-stop on its ticker and talking about it ad nauseum during Sportscenter. My guess is the response for SU will be muted in comparison.

Does the article intimate that their NCAA title could be in jeopardy? I can't tell. If it was UConn in their shoes I have a feeling that angle would be played up as well.

Reaction Score
I've always suspected that Syracuse has 2 sets of rules...one for everyone else andnone for their basketball players...oh wait...I guess tha tis just One set of rules...its ok then. Be pretty funny if they end up in the ACC and are banned from everything as a willful violator...LOL serves the bastards right!

Reaction Score
I'm just interested to see what kind of national frenzy or lack thereof this sparks. Judging by recent history, if this had been UConn, ESPN would be running the headline non-stop on its ticker and talking about it ad nauseum during Sportscenter. My guess is the response for SU will be muted in comparison.

Does the article intimate that their NCAA title could be in jeopardy? I can't tell. If it was UConn in their shoes I have a feeling that angle would be played up as well.
I almost think people are getting slime-weary...But the Bernie fine situation certainly attracted national coverage. I suspect this might as well...Syracuse has let players off the hook many times over the years. This is just another example.

Reaction Score
I almost think people are getting slime-weary...But the Bernie fine situation certainly attracted national coverage. I suspect this might as well...Syracuse has let players off the hook many times over the years. This is just another example.
The UCLA "story" that broke was hyped up for over a day and everyone has forgot about that already. Yahoo's big story is 10 college kids smoked pot over 10 years? Wake me up when there's a video of Laurie Fine passing a joint with Bobby Davis and Arinze Onuaku... no wait don't do that.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
OMGOMGOMGMG THEY'RE A DIRTY PROGRAM BUNCHA CHEATERS AKLRSDJ;KFJDF;KAJDF[

oh wait, that's what Syracuse fans would say about us if this were about UConn

We already know what a Yahoo! story gets you ...

Reaction Score
Screw Yahoo, for real.

Definitely have Cuse's back on this one. Look what Yahoo tried to do - and did - to us, Miami, etc.

They'll duck anything that moves. F&ck Yahoo.

Reaction Score
The UCLA "story" that broke was hyped up for over a day and everyone has forgot about that already. Yahoo's big story is 10 college kids smoked pot over 10 years? Wake me up when there's a video of Laurie Fine passing a joint with Bobby Davis and Arinze Onuaku... no wait don't do that.

C'mon East Coast that ain't right......:(......the joints not bad but the spleef Laurie was smoking??? Not good....

Yahoo's Yahoos at it again....who gives a flying duckk?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Syracuse is being less cavalier about it - they've reported themselves to the NCAA and will conduct an investigation.

At least to some extent, they've done what they've been accused of, but what the penalty for that is, I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom