Ya gotta love those New England Patriots | The Boneyard

Ya gotta love those New England Patriots

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am a NY fan so love; no. However, a lot of respect. Their offensive precision (i.e. Brady) on 3rd and long in 4th Q and overtime was incredible. Well deserved win without any stench of poor refereeing. KC and Mahomes can also hold their heads up. They put up a heck of a fight.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
What eebmg just said - no love. Actually, I dislike them, as was posted in another thread.

Lets not, however, confuse dislike with a lack of thinking they are the dominant dynasty of their era and one of the great dynasties of all time.

Reaction Score
My shirt right now
Shirt Logo 012019.jpg

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Garbage chief defense

Those were great throws and great catches in the game-winning drive. Hard for anyone to stop those. Brady was hitting tight windows and Edelman in particular came up golden.

On the front, the Chiefs do have a statistically good pass rush, the Pats just neutralized it.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Those were great throws and great catches in the game-winning drive. Hard for anyone to stop those. Brady was hitting tight windows and Edelman in particular came up golden.

On the front, the Chiefs do have a statistically good pass rush, the Pats just neutralized it.

They had the 31st ranked total defense in the NFL this season. Garbage... all season long. You just knew when New England won the coin toss in OT............ that the game was over.

Reaction Score
Everybody knows the Browns should be there instead, The officials took two wins away from them early in the season. One of them was fired the following week and the other was ignored.

Reaction Score
They had the 31st ranked total defense in the NFL this season. Garbage... all season long. You just knew when New England won the coin toss in OT.. that the game was over.

I don't understand how the NFL allows a coin toss to determine who wins in OT...............both teams should get a chance with the ball and they should keep on playing until one team scores after the other team doesn't....................

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I don't understand how the NFL allows a coin toss to determine who wins in OT.....both teams should get a chance with the ball and they should keep on playing until one team scores after the other team doesn't.....

Agree. That's one aspect of the College OT that I think is much more fair. And exciting!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
That was an exciting game last night. And the Patriots won. They are a very excellent franchise and I respect their winning record. And their head coach and quarterback. But I do not admire them ,or like them, let alone love them. Many on this board express their disdain for Bama football, and I understand that too. I feel that way about the Patriots. Of course, no true Pats fan gives a hoot what I think of them. And they shouldn't. They are and should be happy their team won. I am hoping the Rams win , but only because it has been a long drought for them, and they are back in L. A. where they belong! :)

Reaction Score
I believe they won this game without cheating like usual. I have new found respect for them. Edelman and Gronk are truly outstanding, and their O line won the game for them.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
This board is becoming quite confusing. First there's usually a daily thread on how bad our Coach is and they are rightfully posted. Then the daily thread(s) on how bad a player is performing or the lack of the bench players getting playing time and they are rightfully posted. Then there are the rightfully posted threads on games between other teams, posts about other coaches, players, etc. Now we have rightfully posted threads on the NFL. So my question is why isn't there a board/forum on The BY for Pro Sports:rolleyes:?
I hope that I can rightfully ask this question...:eek:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Red Sox win the world series, and now the Pats have a chance to bring home another superbowl win! Great time to be a New England sports fan.
Sorta like the UConn women and men winning the NCAA BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONSHIP in the same season (and this is On Topic:rolleyes:).

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It was one of the most exciting games I have seen this year. I doubt the SB will even come close.
It rarely does. Except for Pittsburg/Cardinals.

Reaction Score
I haven't watched a game since the last Super Bowl. Was 'kinda pulling for the Chiefs.

I 'coulda sworn they had a graphic immediately before the second coin toss that said "first team to score after both had had a chance" so, I was shocked when the game just ended.
It was an exciting second half but, Chiefs (and to only a lesser extent, the Pats) defense looked pretty porous.
The advertisers should be thrilled to have both coasts in the Big game.
(Yeah, I'll probably go with the Lambs.)
I don't understand how the NFL allows a coin toss to determine who wins in OT.....both teams should get a chance with the ball and they should keep on playing until one team scores after the other team doesn't.....

Reaction Score
Is anybody declaring this? No. So, please let's stop the UCONN babble in this regard.:cool::D:rolleyes:

I'm not sure if it's bad for football but it's certainly boring for many football fans.................;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom