Xylina - steps up

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Last season's ACC rookie of year is now the one leading young Tar Heels
LINK

Someone remind me - why did Geno cool on her during recruiting? Was she not committed enough, or something else?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
LINK

Someone remind me - why did Geno cool on her during recruiting? Was she not committed enough, or something else?

I think Geno and the staff reached the point where they thought she really didn't want to attend UConn but feared she might commit anyway for the wrong reasons. They didn't want a repeat of the Samarie Walker situation.

After watching her play I can understand why Geno liked her so much. She's doing very well at UNC and seems very happy.

http://blog.ctnews.com/elliott/2011/10/21/uconn-no-longer-involved-with-mcdaniel/

HGN

Reaction Score
I really wanted them both....And especially Reimer after we missed on X -girl.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I think we have a bunch of Spauldings on this board.

Reaction Score
LINK

Contrary to popular belief, Geno did not take back the scholarship from Xylina, he wanted her, but she simply wanted UNC. She knew how loaded UCONN was, and she had the p/t available immediately at UNC. Trust me when I tell you Geno would have taken a commit from her in a Hollywood minute. Even after she commited to UNC, my niece who happens to teach at Spring Valley said Geno still took trips there to see Xylina. By me making this statement, I am a UNC troll, that's, a lie, Geno would never do that..... THIS INFO IS FACTUAL!!

Reaction Score
Coach Auriemma never cooled on her. She just chose Carolina, period.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Contrary to popular belief, Geno did not take back the scholarship from Xylina, he wanted her, but she simply wanted UNC. She knew how loaded UCONN was, and she had the p/t available immediately at UNC. Trust me when I tell you Geno would have taken a commit from her in a Hollywood minute. Even after she commited to UNC, my niece who happens to teach at Spring Valley said Geno still took trips there to see Xylina. By me making this statement, I am a UNC troll, that's, a lie, Geno would never do that..... THIS INFO IS FACTUAL!!

Few of your posts on this board have contained factual information and this most recent post has not changed that observation.

This is what Xylina's father said to Jim Fuller in October of 2011:

McDaniel's father Xavier, who played 14 years in the NBA and also is one of her AAU coaches, called me tonight just to make it clear that the decision to end the recruitment was UConn's and not Xylina's.

"They called (Spring Valley) Coach (Anne) Long and told Coach Long that they were taking the pressure off. I guess it was a conversation they had while we were on our recruiting trip that Connecticut was far. I told (UConn assistant) Coach (Marissa) Moseley 'it is far. That is a big, giant step and she needs to figure out that this is what she wants to do.' I think maybe the process is too long for Connecticut being one of the major powers, maybe you either (do it) the Connecticut way or not."

Geno never cooled on Xylina as a player, but he and the other coaches realized that she didn't want to attend UConn. They were right.

Xylina committed to North Carolina on or about October 24, 2011 and she signed her LOI on or about November 9, 2011. Your statement that Geno continued to travel to her High School in South Carolina after October 24 (but before November 9 ?) is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've read on this board.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Xylina committed to North Carolina on or about October 24, 2011 and she signed her LOI on or about November 9, 2011. Your statement that Geno continued to travel to her High School in South Carolina after October 24 (but before November 9 ?) is perhaps the most ridiculous thing I've read on this board.

But.. but.. but.. but his Niece thought she saw Geno at a game.....,,.. so it must be true. :rolleyes: Maybe it was a student of a teacher who was a friend of his neice that actually saw your Coach at a game.. and simply relayed the info to the teacher... who was a friend of his neice... who in turn mentioned it to the poster. ;)

Reaction Score
But.. but.. but.. but his Niece thought she saw Geno at a game.....,,.. so it must be true. :rolleyes: Maybe it was a student of a teacher who was a friend of his neice that actually saw your Coach at a game.. and simply relayed the info to the teacher... who was a friend of his neice... who in turn mentioned it to the poster. ;)
It very well be the most ridiculous statement you ever read, but its the truth! It doesn't matter what was printed, because truth be told I have read things that were not true that he reported,....

Reaction Score
Few of your posts on this board have contained factual information and this most recent post has not changed that observation.

This is what Xylina's father said to Jim Fuller in October of 2011:

McDaniel's father Xavier, who played 14 years in the NBA and also is one of her AAU coaches, called me tonight just to make it clear that the decision to end the recruitment was UConn's and not Xylina's.

"They called (Spring Valley) Coach (Anne) Long and told Coach Long that they were taking the pressure off. I guess it was a conversation they had while we were on our recruiting trip that Connecticut was far. I told (UConn assistant) Coach (Marissa) Moseley 'it is far. That is a big, giant step and she needs to figure out that this is what she wants to do.' I think maybe the process is too long for Connecticut being one of the major powers, maybe you either (do it) the Connecticut way or not."

Geno never cooled on Xylina as a player, but he and the other coaches realized that she didn't want to attend UConn. They were right.

If you believe UCONN ended her recruitment, only to continue to travel to Spring Valley you need JEsus... Once again this is a board of 99.9% opinion, and how we tend to see things. Yet when its not PRO UCONN, or PRO GENO, its a lie. Every big time recruit is not coming here, and it does not mean they will fail when they go elsewhere. Briana Turner prime example WAS Favoring us, BUT look where she ended up! Things change.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If you believe UCONN ended her recruitment, only to continue to travel to Spring Valley you need JEsus... Once again this is a board of 99.9% opinion, and how we tend to see things. Yet when its not PRO UCONN, or PRO GENO, its a lie. Every big time recruit is not coming here, and it does not mean they will fail when they go elsewhere. Briana Turner prime example WAS Favoring us, BUT look where she ended up! Things change.
Maybe checking out other players. But I would certainly take her father's direct comments to a reporter over an anonymous internet postor. No one has criticized Xylina for going to UNC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It very well be the most ridiculous statement you ever read, but its the truth! It doesn't matter what was printed, because truth be told I have read things that were not true that he reported,....

Actually I dont really care about her recruitment and all the details.... I was merely attempting to stir the pot a bit :p Carry on.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Actually I dont really care about her recruitment and all the details.... I was merely attempting to stir the pot a bit :p Carry on.
Seems an easy pot to stir. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22