XL Ticket Scanning Experience | Page 2 | The Boneyard

XL Ticket Scanning Experience

Reaction Score
That simply isn’t true. In my line alone there were numerous issues.
In my case. I was 100% ready with the tickets displaying and it was painful to watch the scanner person try various angles to scan the tickets.
Sounds like you might have had an employee with technological issues. I saw none of that.

Reaction Score
This explains why you laugh at woke.
That explains why you think it’s a badge of honor. Kerr and Pop and likely you are all way too old to be bleeding hearts that don’t use your brains.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, I also went to the hockey game at XL yesterday. No line getting in. But when I got to the door and held up my phone to be scanned, the worker grabbed my phone out of my hand, scanned my ticket, then handed my phone back to me. I was like, “well, ok then…”

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That explains why you think it’s a badge of honor. Kerr and Pop and likely you are all way too old to be bleeding hearts that don’t use your brains.
Not a badge of honor, doing the right thing is it's own reward. But you do you.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
It was painful to watch the XL workers scan tickets in the main lobby entrance. Many tickets took 20-30 seconds to scan and often in despair it appeared people got waved through They were able to scan my tickets but it was painful - trying different angles etc.

I go to DD daily and have their app and their scanners are able to scan the barcode on my phone instantly 98% of the times.

The barcodes appear to be similar in size. One technique I used at XL because of their lack of quality scanning was to increase brightness on my phone, but it was still painful.

Are they using cheap scanners? Just another example where the XL customer experience is amateur level. The fans should have a better customer experience and UConn should be able to make some money.
This was to limit the exposure to jock jams and that’s what I call music vol 11

Reaction Score
I volunteered at a concert venue down here in DE - I was a scanner for a couple events. Most were fine but some phones were tougher - had to actually hold the phone myself to get the right angle. Wondered if the type of screen protector used made it more difficult as position of the phone seemed to be in play.

Reaction Score
I have seen that at The Rent too, yet I guess many here are so condition to it, it is par for the course and acceptable.
The line was long. If one was ready when one reached the front, I didn’t see any problems at all.

A line takes longer using cell phones to show tickets than to hand a worker a paper ticket. No matter how good the scanners are. Phones wander from the screen if the patron isn’t constantly checking. It’s another example of company’s pushing the use of technology for the company’s benefit not caring how it affects the consumer. But I’m not singling out UConn or the XL for that — it’s unfortunately the entire society.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Maybe it's already been said. But this is what works for me at it's worked in all venues.

1) download Google Wallet. It's free, and place the icon on your home screen.

2) Transfer your tickets from wherever they're sitting to Google Wallet

3) At the event, open Google Wallet and scan your tickets

It's worked for
XL, GP, MSG, Saratoga, the Rent, Met Life, Las Vegas, Albany and Shows

Reaction Score
It was a Saturday and we went in about 45 minutes before game time. No line. There are now a few bar areas in the arena which is a nice improvement for folks getting together before the game. I know the bars are always busy but it's nice to be inside with no rushing around.
I usually get there early too and avoid the worse of the lines but I was going with someone coming from work on Friday, hence a tighter schedule and more lines, which seems to magnify issues.
When you get there early it is not a big deal if it takes them 3-4 scanning attempts but on the crush right before the game the issue is magnified.
As for customer’s not being ready - I agree that happens often too. I try to check my screen often a few people in line before the scanner.
I use Apple Wallet and it works most places fine.

Reaction Score
Interestingly, I also went to the hockey game at XL yesterday. No line getting in. But when I got to the door and held up my phone to be scanned, the worker grabbed my phone out of my hand, scanned my ticket, then handed my phone back to me. I was like, “well, ok then…”
The worker anxiety indicates their lack of trust in the technology working as it should, a training issue or something they cobbled together as a work around.

Reaction Score
I volunteered at a concert venue down here in DE - I was a scanner for a couple events. Most were fine but some phones were tougher - had to actually hold the phone myself to get the right angle. Wondered if the type of screen protector used made it more difficult as position of the phone seemed to be in play.
Increasing the screen brightness seems to help.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Well. We’ve done it. We have reached the end of the list of things we could possibly complain about here.
Come on, Deep! You know the 'yard better than that.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Thanks! I was just curious because I know some places, a screenshot won’t work. Mostly my experience at NFL games or even the Final Four this year.
Screenshot works perfect.

Reaction Score
I went through this at an FSU football game last year. They just waved everyone in. It was chaos.

Some days, scanners just suck. However, it wouldn’t surprise me if the scanners at XL are from the 90’s.
You think they're that new?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom