XL Center Update | The Boneyard

XL Center Update

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
All signs pointing towards things coming together on this.
1645976160000.gif

Reaction Score
All signs pointing towards things coming together on this.
LOL. Imagine if they borrowed the $$$ when 1st brought up.

2020-2021 season would have been unknown at the time, but would have been ideal to get all the upgrades done with a literal shut down of all sporting and entertainment events.

Now, you’re gonna try and have to get it done and actually shut down again and lose out on revenue and interest rates are going up. $$$ will never be cheap as it was when they 1st asked for the 250

Reaction Score
LOL. Imagine if they borrowed the $$$ when 1st brought up.

2020-2021 season would have been unknown at the time, but would have been ideal to get all the upgrades done with a literal shut down of all sporting and entertainment events.

Now, you’re gonna try and have to get it done and actually shut down again and lose out on revenue and interest rates are going up. $$$ will never be cheap as it was when they 1st asked for the 250
True - too bad more people didn't put pressure on the dissenting legislators. The XL Center was a political football.

Reaction Score
Are the bones of the stadium OK? It seems if the stadium structure, site lights, seating, etc are OK then they should be able to do renovations to modernize the rest of the facility. The brown aluminum exterior or whatever that is seems easy enough to replace. But if the inside isn't designed to handle modern amenities, implode the sucker.

A few women's big east tourneys should be enough to help defray the costs.

xl.jpg

Reaction Score
Private investor interested in contributing to XL Center renovations.
Ok...I'll believe it when CT brings back the Whalers..
Heard so many times that I'm not falling for it.
Yes, I still want to see a Stanley Cup in Hartford...

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
From what I got from the Yard this year and past, we would rather see the games on campus. So what difference does it make. I love the students going crazy,

Reaction Score
Im honestly torn on the renovations, specifically with the lower bowl. In one of the plans, I thought they were replacing the retractable seats in the lower bowl with enclosed luxury boxes. I do not think that is a good idea. You want fans and students near the court instead of hiding in a luxury box. Im all about the atmosphere, and I think that would hurt it like what happened at the New Yankee Stadium.

Reaction Score
Demolish and rebuild.
The economics don't support it. Unless someone wants to pony up a lot of money for free.

Maybe Jeff Bezos or his ex-wife have a soft spot for Hartford and are willing to give a huge charitable donation. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom