XL Center - can you make the score board text smaller?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

XL Center - can you make the score board text smaller??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
D'Oh?
Sorry I meant to quote Kitaman. I went to the Football game in the Bronx last night and took my 2 y.o. to the exhibition game in HFTD this afternoon. I need some sleep.

Reaction Score
Can you post a pic??
20141109_131742.jpg

Reaction Score
Agree; how they spent $35 million was perplexing. Floor in concourse was improve, bathrooms were new but no bigger - paper towel dispensers were illogically placed. Concrete steps on exterior had crime scene tape around a section on Ann St. Some of the murals were nice - I know they spent on locker rooms we can't see.

it's still the same place, just with some window dressing. To me, seeing all this window dressing only reinforces even more how badly we need a new building in Hartford. My big things are the concourses are still too small and restrooms are way too crowded. I can't speak to the concessions because we usually just buy beer and that's it, so I don't really look too closely to see what's offered.

Reaction Score
I was in lower section midcourt and could make it out, but wasn't any too big.. That's for sure. I could see why further up would be problematic

^^^^^^^^^^^
LOL

It is not a contemporary well designed scoreboard. Joe D. would even concur if you talked to him privately and he has the best seat in the house.

Reaction Score
it's still the same place, just with some window dressing. To me, seeing all this window dressing only reinforces even more how badly we need a new building in Hartford. My big things are the concourses are still too small and restrooms are way too crowded. I can't speak to the concessions because we usually just buy beer and that's it, so I don't really look too closely to see what's offered.

It's like putting lipstick on a pig. :D

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It was tough to read the time left in the penalties at the hockey game.
I liked the bar. That will come in handy when I get bad tickets.

Reaction Score
It was tough to read the time left in the penalties at the hockey game.
I liked the bar. That will come in handy when I get bad tickets.

so with that new bar, do you need tickets for that, or are those seats first-come-first-served?

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
so with that new bar, do you need tickets for that, or are those seats first-come-first-served?

You can walk into the bar & sit anywhere.

Reaction Score
Scoreboard lettering for stats is a problem, otherwise at least the place looks a little nicer and lost some of that "state office building" ambience. Lounge on the Trumbull Street end is a nice addition. Not much else you can do without starting over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom