XL Center - can you make the score board text smaller?? | The Boneyard

XL Center - can you make the score board text smaller??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
I voiced my opinion on this too at guest services. You can't see a box score in the arena & make out the numbers. I'm hoping they change it on the jumbo instead of the global spectrum logo, place that where the current box score is. The more people that stop by the desk & comment the better!

GemParty

Reaction Score
Sec 207 is a short corner. No clue how many points or fouls a player had.

Reaction Score
the funny thing is they put in the new wrap around electronic banner ad/stat boards, but most of the game they were completely blank. Why not add the stats there in bigger numbers accross instead of vertical. They the can also put up team stats. Obviously if they had paid ads to put there they would have. They also don't have to be there the who time. How about just flash there after every made basket or ever minute. Just stop with the microscopic text

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
First game with the new boards. I think they'll get it right eventually (similar to the boards at the Rent when it opened having too much small text).

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
I was in lower section midcourt and could make it out, but wasn't any too big.. That's for sure. I could see why further up would be problematic

C

Chief00

Agree; how they spent $35 million was perplexing. Floor in concourse was improve, bathrooms were new but no bigger - paper towel dispensers were illogically placed. Concrete steps on exterior had crime scene tape around a section on Ann St. Some of the murals were nice - I know they spent on locker rooms we can't see.

Reaction Score
Or just don't bother posting player stats and stop teasing us.....

Couldn't agree more. Totally useless.

I realize I have 50+ year old eyes but the font is microscopic.

Can't see anything at all.

Why can't they just post the lineups on the side of the video monitor.

Reaction Score
I could see the player stats on the jumbotron just fine...with my binoculars.

35 million dollar renovation and my happiest moment was finding out that the drinking fountains finally work. Also, I sneak my water bottle in by sticking it in my sock but today I didn't get frisked on the way in. Hope it's SOP.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
550x309

Found this pic on the Courant's website. Yeah, thats pretty small.

Reaction Score
They should move the time and score to the lower vid board.
B2BDxatIAAAwtc5.jpg

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Was that only on the ends or on all four sides? Not awful, but I'm not gonna judge by picture.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Was that only on the ends or on all four sides? Not awful, but I'm not gonna judge by picture.
No, it was awful. It's probably an easy fix if it's a couple of lines of code in a computer program.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I think the stats should be on all 4 corners of the board where it says Global. Then they can run their name where the stats are too small, currently.

Reaction Score
Agree. Stats were minuscule. Funny about the restroom paper towel placement. What bathroom design engineer came up with that one. The menu at concessions is severely limited also. Mostly hot dogs. 30+ million must have been spent out of sight someplace I guess.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Agree. Stats were minuscule. Funny about the restroom paper towel placement. What bathroom design engineer came up with that one. The menu at concessions is severely limited also. Mostly hot dogs. 30+ million must have been spent out of sight someplace I guess.
Samuel X. Cassell, Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits