XL Center Attendance for ND Game | The Boneyard

XL Center Attendance for ND Game

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Seeing that the XL Center was sold out for yesterday's UConn-Notre Dame game, does anyone know if this set an attendance record for an NCAA women's basketball regular-season game?
Does anyone know what the attendance record is for a non Tournament game?
I apologize if this question was asked in a different thread.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Seeing that the XL Center was sold out for yesterday's UConn-Notre Dame game, does anyone know if this set an attendance record for an NCAA women's basketball regular-season game?

Tennessee claims this record - "UT still holds the record for the largest women's basketball crowd at an on-campus facility, packing in 24,653 to see an epic battle with UConn on Jan. 7, 2006." It's unclear what the off-campus record is.

South Carolina may beat yesterday's number (15,564) somewhat frequently. Last year's game against Kentucky was reportedly a sellout of 18,000. They averaged 12,277 last year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Note that the announced attendance was 15,564, but there certainly weren't that many people in the stands. A number of empty seats, including one very near me. It happens. A huge number of fans are elderly (including me!) and that may eventually become an interesting problem for playing 30 minutes from Storrs, as kids today have "better things to do" than to go to live sports.

Reaction Score

Many games of the past sold out the XL until winning for the UConn fans became---Hoo Humm, another win!
\
I doubt it's a record for Uconn at the XL---others got much bigger facilities, new facilities in which to play.

Reaction Score
Note that the announced attendance was 15,564, but there certainly weren't that many people in the stands. A number of empty seats, including one very near me. It happens. A huge number of fans are elderly (including me!) and that may eventually become an interesting problem for playing 30 minutes from Storrs, as kids today have "better things to do" than to go to live sports.
As of Sunday morning there were only single seats available on the uconnhuskies website. And not very many.

Reaction Score
No it wasn't even though ESPN had the attendance at 17,950. Lots of upper level seats empty plus some in the student section.
I was not saying it was sold out. Just what was reported.
What does it hold?

Reaction Score
They can stay in the dorm room and watch--watch ESPN on the internet--why make the trip?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom