Xavier vs Butler | The Boneyard

Xavier vs Butler

Reaction Score
Hey everyone. Who do you have in the Xavier-Butler game? Butler has some decent talent, but Xavier top to bottom has a better roster and rotation than Butler, but I think Lavall Jordan is the smarter game planner and strategist than Travis Steele. Butler is +6.5.

I struggle with even picking Xavier in the Money Line, because it wouldn't surprise me one iota if they spit the bit and outright lose to Butler. Xavier with their roster should not be hanging by a thread to make the NCAA tournament, IMO. That speaks poorly of Travis Steele.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm a sucker because I've thought the same thing for 3 weeks, but I think Xavier knows their tourney chances are on life support and comfortably wins

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I think butler is the worst team in the league (obviously not counting Georgetown as part of the league this year)

Reaction Score
Not touching this game with a 100-foot pole.

Butler is bad, but Xavier is in freefall.

Stoppable force vs. movable object.

No idea.

Reaction Score
Not touching this game with a 100-foot pole.

Butler is bad, but Xavier is in freefall.

Stoppable force vs. movable object.

No idea.
And that’s just it right there. If Xavier had a better coach, I would be all over Xavier, but they have been in free fall and playing worse than their talent level. I saw both of their games against St. John’s and they got destroyed in both of them. They also got swept by Seton Hall.
It seems like when adversity hits them they fold. OTOH, Xavier swept Creighton. Go figure.

I am stuck on this game. Anyone else feel free to chip in with thought.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
The funny thing about this is I have more confidence that X could beat PC in the quarters than I do that they get out of the first round.

Reaction Score
rooting for xavier just so they can hopefully stay right side of the bubble

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Xavier will win. If they were playing anyone else (except Georgetown), I would pick against them but Butler is bad.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm a sucker because I've thought the same thing for 3 weeks, but I think Xavier knows their tourney chances are on life support and comfortably wins
Xavier will win. If they were playing anyone else (except Georgetown), I would pick against them but Butler is bad.
Yeah at some point when a team consistently isn't that good, you have to believe them.

But Butler has been consistently worse. And X swept Butler.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Great pick. I hope you don’t gamble!

Reaction Score
Disappointing to watch the way Xavier played down the stretch, especially Scruggs. Was really hoping for 7 tourney teams.

Reaction Score
I took Butler with the points and felt really confident. I also sprinkled a money line bet on Butler because Xavier underperforming at the end of the season seems to be close to a given.

Steele ha to be on a semi-hot seat.

Reaction Score
The funny thing about this is I have more confidence that X could beat PC in the quarters than I do that they get out of the first round.
Agreed. Had they not fouled that up, they could have played loose vs PC with major revenge from 2 gut wrenching losses on their mind.

Reaction Score
I took Butler with the points and felt really confident. I also sprinkled a money line bet on Butler because Xavier underperforming at the end of the season seems to be close to a given.

Steele ha to be on a semi-hot seat.
Semi-hot?

Reaction Score
Agreed. Had they not fouled that up, they could have played loose vs PC with major revenge from 2 gut wrenching losses on their mind.
True. That said, PC should be scared as hell of a Butler team that now has some serious juice after that win. That side of the bracket is even more wide open now than it already was.

Reaction Score
I predict Butler will sell vs. PC. Shoot something like 4-30 in the first half and be down by 25+.

That game last night was more about Xavier choking than Butler playing really really well. Though I will 100% admit Butler has shown significant improvement as the season has progressed.

Reaction Score
PC beat them by 1 in OT at Hinkle and by only 7 at home (in a game that was closer than the score indicated). Butler has momentum after last night while PC just lost to Nova (close or not) in a game that pretty much confirmed what everyone outside of RI or the alumni club already knows (i.e., no way they have a #1 next to their name in the BET if they played their full sched). PC desperately wants to prove they’re not a paper tiger and Butler literally has nothing to lose. I don’t think I’d be betting the mortgage on the Friars.

Reaction Score
Providence always escapes —-Xavier had a legitimate shot to beat them - now butler has no shot. Pc going to wax them by 20 —team is so damn lucky. Hope I’m wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom