Xavier post game thread. | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Xavier post game thread.

Reaction Score
And whenever an offensive player falls to ground when driving to basket, 90% of the time the defense is given a foul- the refs' thinking must be "if player is on floor, they must have been pushed or tripped".
Having a certain amount of hands-on Div. 2 coaching experience, one thing that drives coaches crazy is when a ref guesses a foul occurred rather than actually seeing a foul committed.

Reaction Score
Missing the foul shots nearly lost us the game. Even so, the plan worked perfectly, we ate the clock, we won. We got exactly what we wanted but even Spenser missed from the line.

I expect Hurley to do the exact same thing up 14 with 3 minutes to go. However, he mentioned in the post game he was not pleased our execution at the end.
We got what we wanted?? Two prayer 3 point hoists by Castle at the shot clock buzzer?? What are you talking about? We got absolutely NOTHING out of our prevent offense other than a heart attack and a result far closer than it had to be.

caw

Reaction Score
How on earth are there teenagers who can learn and run this stuff???

And those plays are the reason a talented kid like Stewart is taking some time to learn the sets. His AAU and high school teams ran nothing close to it. He's really getting better every game too. You can just see it. Now once he learns to catch the bullet passes as he cuts, he'll be much better (I don't really blame him for those two passes, they were both rockets to him).

It is also why even Castle and Ball occasionally look lost (and I do mean occasionally because both have been fantastic).

It has also hurt the freshman a bit because with Clingan out UConn can't run a "simple" post play, so UConn runs more complicated sets more often.

Finally, it shows how darn impressive Karaban was last year and Cam is this year, but even Karaban had the added semester to learn it the year before and Cam being a fifth year helped a lot.

Reaction Score
We got what we wanted?? Two prayer 3 point hoists by Castle at the shot clock buzzer?? What are you talking about? We got absolutely NOTHING out of our prevent offense other than a heart attack and a result far closer than it had to be.

We got what we wanted, we won. Yes, I stand by that.

I never said that Castle's shots were what we wanted. You made that up in your mind. According to Dan Hurley. We ran our offense at the end. We just ran it poorly. A much bigger issue was the missed front ends of one and one's by Samsom and Spenser.

If you watch basketball and a team is up by 14 points with three minutes to play. You will see coaches run down the shot clock before shooting. This often results in a poor shot. However, virtually every college coach understands that with that time and score, bleeding seconds is more important than adding points.

Reaction Score
We got what we wanted, we won. Yes, I stand by that.

I never said that Castle's shots were what we wanted. You made that up in your mind. According to Dan Hurley. We ran our offense at the end. We just ran it poorly. A much bigger issue was the missed front ends of one and one's by Samsom and Spenser.

If you watch basketball and a team is up by 14 points with three minutes to play. You will see coaches run down the shot clock before shooting. This often results in a poor shot. However, virtually every college coach understands that with that time and score, bleeding seconds is more important than adding points
Moneyball

Works if you make the plays.

So does going up 16 with 2:45 to play;)

We got the win

Reaction Score
I never said that Castle's shots were what we wanted. You made that up in your mind. According to Dan Hurley. We ran our offense at the end. We just ran it poorly. A much bigger issue was the missed front ends of one and one's by Samsom and Spenser Spencer.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Nothing to see here either.

659f8875b4ceb.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members