Xavier post game thread. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Xavier post game thread.

Reaction Score
I didn’t know the parallel/angled rule, but by that rule it wasn’t a flagrant.

It really should have been a no-call IMO, but they weren't reviewing the foul, just looking for a flagrant.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Always great to get a road win vs a good team, particularly with the big guy out.

Two things to clean up:
SJ with only two rebounds. He's simply has to do better than that.
Free throws - 4 more and a couple front ends and the game isn't that close down the end.

Reaction Score
Alex is going to have a crappy night. Cuts on the eyebrows like that hurt like hell. Maybe our players should start putting vaseline on the eyebrows like boxers.

Solid game from Castle. Unstoppable at the rim, great defense, great passing. Hustle plays too.

Newton has gotta figure out his finishing and made some bonehead moves in crunch time but looked really good otherwise.

Cam did Cam things.

Good minutes for Jaylin.

Solo is in a little funk.

Diarra really did work for a 5-8 minite stretch there. Totally changed the momentum. MIP.
I don’t think Solo is in a funk, Diarra is just a better player right now. Solo was lauded as this three point shooter from the summer but Diarra is like 6-8 over his last couple games, is a better defender and can actually dribble the ball.

Reaction Score
Solo really needs to add to his game. He’s obviously been passed on by Diarra, no shame there. But Diarra does the little things, Solo needs to as well. Sitting on the perimeter waiting for an open look just ain’t gonna cut it.
Yeah I can't understand a guy that atheletic and with a decent handle almost never drives. Werid.

Reaction Score
Karaban’s biggest mistake was being tough & gritty & trying to play through that elbow. Should have just flopped like that little beach Hunter and he might have avoided a foul call and gotten the flagrant called on the Xavier goon…

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Castle diving for loose balls … he’s all in and definitely doesn’t play like he’s got a foot out the door, love it.
I hope they go back to the well on that Steph base line ISO. Now that he has a bunch of game minutes under his belt, we have to take advantage of the mismatch he presents more often.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah I can't understand a guy that atheletic and with a decent handle almost never drives. Werid.
Exactly why I said he should’ve been practicing that in our non conference cupcake games instead of firing away from 3 which is not useful now.

But again, we’re loaded at guard so it’s really not going to affect us winning.

Reaction Score
Well we are playing 5 guards most of the game. What do you expect?
Johnson had zero rebounds in the first half. Villanova used to play four guards and out-rebound teams. It's about effort and boxing out, not size.

Reaction Score
In the last 7 games, Samson has had 4 fouls SIX TIMES. His inability to defend without fouling is becoming problematic. He also has 2 total assists.

He wasn't supposed to be the starter, but he's shown he's better than this. More than capable of being a more consistent defender IMO.

Reaction Score
With Clingan we win this game by 25.
The Midwest announcing team was terrible, Jarra?
ISO Castle down low, pretty much unstoppable.
To a man, they are all stepping up.

Reaction Score
In the last 7 games, Samson has had 4 fouls SIX TIMES. His inability to defend without fouling is becoming problematic. He also has 2 total assists.

He wasn't supposed to be the starter, but he's shown he's better than this. More than capable of being a more consistent defender IMO.
Needs to fix both of those things, but I think they're things that we can win in spite of (at least once Clingan is back). He also has 5 games with 1 or 2 rebounds in that stretch which is unbelievable. That can't happen

caw

Reaction Score

Unfortunately I don't think Samson is going to change that fouling issue anytime soon. He's now at 4 fouls at 8/16 games. Two more at three fouls. It just is who he is. He gets silly fouls here and there but also gets some from just not being strong enough and very long.

Reaction Score
With Clingan we win this game by 25.
The Midwest announcing team was terrible, Jarra?
ISO Castle down low, pretty much unstoppable.
To a man, they are all stepping up.
Yeah that's one correct way to pronounce it.

Reaction Score

Thought he might have blocked a few of those drives.

Reaction Score
Free throws killed us all game. We miss the front end of 1-1 and then they come down and hit a three. Happened twice.

Hurley running clock instead of set plays led to two Castle threes. Last person on team I want shooting a three.
Yeah
Don’t take your foot off the gas, stay aggressive, just be smart

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom