Xavier line | The Boneyard

Xavier line

Reaction Score
Early number is us -7. I mean, we covered 8 vs Creighton and 15 vs Butler, but wow.
Not touching, I imagine it will be a close game all the way to the end.

50 cent laughing GIF

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We should win this game. We do great in Gampel. We do great as underdogs/backs up against the wall situations.
We played them really really tough at their building. They’re a good freaking team with a great coach, and we had chances to win the game.

Having said that, I wouldn’t touch that line.

Reaction Score
It's a set up for people to hammer Xavier. Vegas isn't giving a very solid team like Xavier all them points for nothing. Classic Vegas move. Uconn covers but I wouldn't touch it

Reaction Score
Kenpom has UConn by 8.*
Barttorvik has UConn by 10.
Haslametrics has UConn by 8.

All of the advanced metrics still like UConn more than Xavier and it is really as simple as that. Vegas power rankings and the analytical website rankings are always pretty similar.

The running joke on Vegas Twitter is that they put out opening lines and totals that are eerily similar to KP projections.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kenpom has UConn by 8.*

All of the advanced metrics still like UConn more than Xavier and it is really as simple as that. Vegas power rankings and the analytical website rankings are always pretty similar.

The running joke on Vegas Twitter is that they put out opening lines and totals that are eerily similar to KP projections.
Vegas probably just fired all their statisticians and just created a model to say "whatever Kenpom has +/- 1" and now they're making out like bandits

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
It's a set up for people to hammer Xavier. Vegas isn't giving a very solid team like Xavier all them points for nothing. Classic Vegas move. Uconn covers but I wouldn't touch it
Totally seems like a trap. Most will pound X at that number. And maybe Vegas wants that, knowing we should cover in Storrs. It’s like when NFL lines open up and you see a line you love. Whole country did the same thing and you all lose together.

Reaction Score
Kenpom has UConn by 8.*

I hope it not a death kiss

Reaction Score
Why would they do that? If you’re making book, you want the bets to come in 50-50. You lose money if the bets come in heavily on one team, and they cover the spread

Reaction Score
As the story goes, the early KP users were able to make a killing on totals before books started opening the O/Us within a couple of points of most KP projections.
You aren’t kidding. Made a killing it wasn’t until conference play when the books started dialing it in. There were some totals that would have 10 point swings in the early days from open to close

Reaction Score
Wow 7 is crazy.

I was expecting to be favorites, I figured -3 or -4.

If money is coming in on Xavier and the line doesn't move, Vegas has an itch and they are rarely wrong.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Only explanation is that they read my Haiku and know the mojo will be strong.
According to a complex mojo formula that I utilize to determine whether or not, I may haiku, I currently am in a no haiku cycle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom