Xavier Game postponed | The Boneyard

Xavier Game postponed

Reaction Score
Too many "GAPS" in the schedule that has to impact the consistency and growth of this Young Team. The UCONN Athletic Director and Geno need to desperately try to fill the voids, even if is against a school like Quinnipiac or even Boston University or Holy Cross.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I’m almost afraid to log onto the boneyard these days for fear of being greeted by a post of this nature. Postponements are not as bad as cancellations, as the game will be played at a later date.

It disrupts your plans and schedule, but there’s really nothing you can do about it. Geno said he can’t even buy a game right now, even though he’s willing to play almost anybody. Even if he can find a team that will play then, their schedules have to be compatible. Not many coaches are eager to play UConn right now.

Even if UConn runs the table in the Big East as they are projected to do, it‘s no guarantee that it be good enough to secure a 1 seed. You control what you can, and hope for the best.

Right now, I see Stanford, Louisville, South Carolina as strong candidates for a top seed. UConn, Baylor, Maryland and North Carolina are also in the hunt for a top seed.

What happens if a team has to pause play during the tournament? Can you say forfeit? It’s a very real possibility, and something that would bring your season and championship aspirations to a screeching halt.

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Too many "GAPS" in the schedule that has to impact the consistency and growth of this Young Team. The UCONN Athletic Director and Geno need to desperately try to fill the voids, even if is against a school like Quinnipiac or even Boston University or Holy Cross.
Boston University & Holy Cross are Patriot League schools. Patriot League= no out of conference games this season.

Reaction Score
I need Geno to pull a miracle and schedule a ranked team. Hell let’s just play DePaul 2 more times to replaced the lost games. That’d be better than nothing. I’m still hopeful that this season will work out in the long run, but I also still want everyone to have their health at the end of the season. No basketball game is worth going on a ventilator.

Reaction Score
Waaaaaaaaaaaait. The game is in 7 days, nobody in the Xavier program has a positive test, and this has been paused because of contact tracing? This is completely absurd.

When does this become theater and not about safety? Nick Saban coached in a game this year 4 days after a positive Covid test. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Waaaaaaaaaaaait. The game is in 7 days, nobody in the Xavier program has a positive test, and this has been paused because of contact tracing? This is completely absurd.

When does this become theater and not about safety? Nick Saban coached in a game this year 4 days after a positive Covid test. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Circa March...of 2019.

Reaction Score
I need Geno to pull a miracle and schedule a ranked team. Hell let’s just play DePaul 2 more times to replaced the lost games. That’d be better than nothing. I’m still hopeful that this season will work out in the long run, but I also still want everyone to have their health at the end of the season. No basketball game is worth going on a ventilator.
Well said!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The men's team is struggling with this as well this season. So far they only played 5 games this season.

(5-1 with the loss being a 2 point loss to then #9 Creighton in overtime.)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The players health and safety is always at the forefront in all matters. So I am hoping that whatever is going on at Xavier, hoping that the coaching staff, players, and support staff are safe.

Reaction Score
I'm shocked, shocked that the game is postponed. What are they thinking? Paiges's likes are gonna go down..[
Archie Comics Facepalm GIF

Reaction Score

I agree. Over in the NFL a positive test doesn't cancel a game. At most it postpones it for a couple of days and what I'm seeing is players being isolated, not teams.

Reaction Score

You ran right into the point and still missed it huh. Contact tracing means someone was potentially exposed. It can take a few days for a positive result to occur (see: Kim Mulkey). This has always been about safety and comments like yours show why we still haven’t gotten it under control. These players deserve to feel safe just like you and me.

Reaction Score
The men's team is struggling with this as well this season. So far they only played 5 games this season.

(4-1 with the loss being a 2 point loss to then #9 Creighton in overtime.)
I thought they were 5-1 after beating Marquette yesterday?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom