Xavier Game Cancelled | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Xavier Game Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We need to be reasonable, logical, and judiciously carefully. We need to take the appropriate defensive steps based on our family’s medical status. My wife being a transplant patient has by necessity an artificially suppressed immune system in order for her not to go into organ reject. Therefore people in her/our situation need to by necessity excessive a higher level of precaution.

UCONN is being a bit overly cautious in my opinion. Yet if one of the players or coaches on the UCONN side or an opponent’s side has one of those rare conditions and gets very intensely ill the lynch mob will form at Gampel Pavilion and give Hurley a choice of the gallows or the guillotine.
You are damned no matter what you do.

Reaction Score
The thing that matters is that it is not forfeited. It will either be rescheduled or not count for either team (“no contest”) if it can’t be. The fact that it’s this early obviously greatly increases the chances that it will be rescheduled.
I think cancellation is like using a nuclear weapon on a fly. Basically it’s is stupid policy or reaction.

Reaction Score
I was watching a doctor talk about the omicron and he refused to get political about it. He said he is sick of the politicalization of the virus by all parties.
He would say from medical history, omicro is nothing to worry about. It has taken over and is now resposible for 3/4 of the cases, yet there has been one death in the U.S. and that patient had multiple underlying problems. He thinks the best thing is to 'booster' those with underlying conditions and those who want it. He thinks all students who are healthy should be in school and everyone should be at work. Viruses get weaker over time so they can 'hang on' in a population.

Reaction Score
Which means Saturday is in play.
Glad they plan to reschedule rather than try to play with a limited and ever dwindling number of players and staff. New Years Day we already have a home game. Chief has been told it will likely be played the first half of the first week in January.

Last edited:

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Bored Over It GIF

Reaction Score
Some speculation on Twitter that the conference wanted Uconn to play (I think you only need 7 active players per the new rules?) but maybe now that DH is positive he pushed for a postponement. In other words, not sure if this is an example of the conference shutting us down

Those people have an agenda and are making stuff up. If they don’t have enough eligible players, they don’t play. There is no leeway for programs to make their own decisions.

“Under the modified policy, a Conference game will be canceled in the event a school has fewer than seven scholarship players and one countable coach available for a game. The BIG EAST Conference Office will attempt to reschedule any such game(s) in accordance with parameters approved by BIG EAST Directors of Athletics. In the event the rescheduling parameters cannot be fulfilled, the canceled game(s) will be designated as a no contest.“

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Law of Large Numbers combined with a highly contagious virus--This should not be a surprise. It was inevitable.

If not now.. Down the road.. Make your adjustments and move on.

Reaction Score
Just take it slow and low - that is the tempo. Everyone remain calm.

It appears Karen will no longer be working for Delta. Passenger was definitely in the wrong however Karen lost it too.

3D Corona GIF by Matthew Butler

Reaction Score
Just take it slow and low - that is the tempo. Everyone remain calm.

Holy smokes. Patricia Cornwall is formerly known as Patty Breton of Bay Watch, Married with Children, and Playboy. No kidding. That explains it.

"Cornwall previously used the name Patty Breton. “Patty Breton is an actress, known for Baywatch (1989), Married… with Children (1987) and Playboy: Cheerleaders (1997),” her IMDB profile says. She goes by the name Patty Cornwall on Facebook."

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
The kids custom light saber came incomplete and now his first UConn game was cancelled. This sucks!

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Holy smokes. Patricia Cornwall is formerly known as Patty Breton of Bay Watch, Married with Children, and Playboy. No kidding. That explains it.

"Cornwall previously used the name Patty Breton. “Patty Breton is an actress, known for Baywatch (1989), Married… with Children (1987) and Playboy: Cheerleaders (1997),” her IMDB profile says. She goes by the name Patty Cornwall on Facebook."

Reaction Score
Those people have an agenda and are making stuff up. If they don’t have enough eligible players, they don’t play. There is no leeway for programs to make their own decisions.

“Under the modified policy, a Conference game will be canceled in the event a school has fewer than seven scholarship players and one countable coach available for a game. The BIG EAST Conference Office will attempt to reschedule any such game(s) in accordance with parameters approved by BIG EAST Directors of Athletics. In the event the rescheduling parameters cannot be fulfilled, the canceled game(s) will be designated as a no contest.“

The key words are “attempt to reschedule” - that gives lots of flexibility once a game is “cancelled”.

Reaction Score
They never say if anyone is sick. And no one in the press ever asks. I sincerely hope everyone is okay. But is this really necessary?
It’s not relevant! I know the news says omicron has mild symptoms, but my family and some extended got it right after a holiday gathering. Only a few people are asymptomatic, including people in their 20s, and my 4 and 1 year olds.

I don’t understand why there are so many completely asinine morons here saying they should be playing with teams fully testing positive. I guess you guys need to see people looking like a mess up all night because the fevers keep them from sleeping and give them checkups on your own to believe the systems in place make sense

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

I call BS on that. So if you have five you can play? BS those people quoting those people are the biggest problem we have with social media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom