Xavier at UConn may be the start of a bitter recruiting rivalry | The Boneyard

Xavier at UConn may be the start of a bitter recruiting rivalry

Reaction Score
Not my thoughts. Huge reach by the writer. Stupid article. Where exactly has Xavier been a rival with UConn in recruiting? But figured I'd post. And even if Miller could recruit to Xavier like he did at Arizona, does anyone think he's staying at Xavier very long if he does well?

It's fair to say that tomorrow night will mean a lot for both teams as we head into the second half of the season. However, it may also have big implications on a potential recruiting rivalry that is brewing between the programs.

Reaction Score
I can see Sean Miller being at Xavier for the rest of his career. He doesn’t have to deal with all the bs at Xavier that come with a larger job and he’s probably happy to be back at Xavier after what went down at Zona. He’s a good coach and will recruit well and probably be a perennial top 25 program

Reaction Score
Xavier is interesting. They are definitely not a destination school like UConn, but they have a pretty high ceiling. I could see Ohio State calling in a couple of seasons if Holtmann continues to be meh.

Reaction Score
Weird to write that article and not mention Desmond Claude. Would figure that’s where the recruiting battle shtick would have come from, but I don’t see it mentioned.

Reaction Score
X's 2023 recruits are from CA, OH, and then Reid Ducharme from Boston. Who I know we were recruiting at some point and then stopped, but it's unclear if we actually went head to head at all.

I imagine our recruiting rivals are going to be more Shaheen Holloway, Kyle Neptune, and Ed Cooley (assuming Ed doesn't just go all in on transfers).

Reaction Score
i feel like, uconn history, we’ve beaten everyone & lost to everyone. we lost to lot to da BE it’s payback time

33F361D5-EF4A-4745-8DF0-29861CA9EA71.gif

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
4-0

Let them compete with Cuse first

Reaction Score
Miller building a strong program at Xavier should help UConn’s recruiting not hurt it. The better the league gets overall the more top recruits will want to play in the Big East. If we can get back to a top 10 vs top 10 team contest in the BE championship at MSG, we will attract a lot of talent from NYC.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
imagine being a rival with that scummy little school of pimple faced thirteenth graders. lmao. could not be me.

Reaction Score
Not my thoughts. Huge reach by the writer. Stupid article. Where exactly has Xavier been a rival with UConn in recruiting? But figured I'd post. And even if Miller could recruit to Xavier like he did at Arizona, does anyone think he's staying at Xavier very long if he does well?

It's fair to say that tomorrow night will mean a lot for both teams as we head into the second half of the season. However, it may also have big implications on a potential recruiting rivalry that is brewing between the programs.

Empty article with a major click bait title.........

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
imagine being a rival with that scummy little school of pimple faced thirteenth graders. lmao. could not be me.

Remember Oscar

caw

Reaction Score
Empty article with a major click bait title.........

Yeah, at least give some examples of current players, recruits, future recruits where there might be overlap. IMO they don't really cover the same recruiting ground that often.

Reaction Score
X's 2023 recruits are from CA, OH, and then Reid Ducharme from Boston. Who I know we were recruiting at some point and then stopped, but it's unclear if we actually went head to head at all.

I imagine our recruiting rivals are going to be more Shaheen Holloway, Kyle Neptune, and Ed Cooley (assuming Ed doesn't just go all in on transfers).
If Neptune survives...

Reaction Score
miller is the 2nd best recruiter in the BE after hurley so it could happen occasionally if theyre looking at a guy from the northeast (ducharme) or we're looking at a guy from the midwest (zion cruz?).

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Yeah, but someday Cincinnati may be good enough to try to compete with Xavier and attain rival status. Lofty goal the Bearcats as they are about to become the worst team in the Big XII.
Season 5 Ron GIF by Parks and Recreation

Reaction Score
Weird to write that article and not mention Desmond Claude. Would figure that’s where the recruiting battle shtick would have come from, but I don’t see it mentioned.

I don't recall UConn really even recruiting Claude and of their 2023 commits only Reid Ducharme was offered by UConn and who knows how hard they went after him.

The whole article is a stretch since they don't recruit in the same circles.

All that being said, this certainly can blossom into an intense on-court rivalry as long as Sean Miller is at the helm for Xavier.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Idk about recruiting but this is definitely becoming a fun in conference rivalry. Dating back to the epic game in Charleston in 2019 we’ve had a really even series and a lot of fun games.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Yeah, but someday Cincinnati may be good enough to try to compete with Xavier and attain rival status. Lofty goal the Bearcats as they are about to become the worst team in the Big XII.
Season 5 Ron GIF by Parks and Recreation

Michael Jordan Lol GIF

you have 100% more losses to Xavier this season than a mediocre aac team.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

you have 100% more losses to Xavier this season than a mediocre aac team.
And the Bearcats would have lost by 60 in those games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom