Wyoming coach flips out. | The Boneyard

Wyoming coach flips out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ho.....leeeee...... He was pissed. Any idea what went down to cause that reaction?

Reaction Score
His team was leading with little time left the Air Force qb went down with an injury so he thought it was a fake injury. Air force had no timeouts so that gave them time to reorganize. Air Force went on to win the game.

Reaction Score
If our geriatric staff had an oz of that emotion the players would probably want to show up for games.

Reaction Score
That loss put them @ 1-5. He looked like an a... One of the flyboys shoud have decked his .

He's 1-6 now with Boise up next. Peterson better bring an extra trooper to the post game handshake this week.

Reaction Score
He's a high energy coach who is having a down yr compared to the 8-5 yr they had last yr. But it's pretty funny to see a huge blowup like that.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Did that jerk really f-bomb the Air Force Academy cadets on Military Appreciation Night? Those kids will be putting their lives on the line to keep him safe to insult other coaches.
ohlord.gif

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Either they faked an injury and he is right or they didn't and he is wrong. The fact it's the AFA or military appreciation doesn't mean .

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
At the very least the play is fishy as hell.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Either they faked an injury and he is right or they didn't and he is wrong. The fact it's the AFA or military appreciation doesn't mean ****.
The QB had to leave the game per NCAA rules. (article)

After Saturday night's game, Christensen confronted Air Force coach Troy Calhoun on the field and questioned whether Falcons quarterback Connor Dietz was really injured when he left the game for one play with about eight minutes left in the fourth quarter and Wyoming leading 27-21. He said the several minutes that trainers attended to Dietz gave Air Force time to strategize the next play.

Air Force ( 3-3, 2-1 Mountain West) scored what turned out to be the winning touchdown when backup quarterback Kale Pearson ran a bootleg in from 5 yards out on third down after Dietz left.

The referee announced that Dietz, by rule, had to leave the game because his helmet came off. At the time, Air Force had all three of its timeouts available.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Ho.....leeeee...... He was pissed. Any idea what went down to cause that reaction?

Someone mounted his favorite heifer.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The QB had to leave the game per NCAA rules. (article)

After Saturday night's game, Christensen confronted Air Force coach Troy Calhoun on the field and questioned whether Falcons quarterback Connor Dietz was really injured when he left the game for one play with about eight minutes left in the fourth quarter and Wyoming leading 27-21. He said the several minutes that trainers attended to Dietz gave Air Force time to strategize the next play.

Air Force ( 3-3, 2-1 Mountain West) scored what turned out to be the winning touchdown when backup quarterback Kale Pearson ran a bootleg in from 5 yards out on third down after Dietz left.

The referee announced that Dietz, by rule, had to leave the game because his helmet came off. At the time, Air Force had all three of its timeouts available.

Yeah you might want the background. While he was leaving per the rule he decided to go down to buy time for the backup to regroup.

It was after he started off the field that he went down for medical attention. It wasn't he stayed down on the play with an injury and his helmet came off.

I don't know if he pulled a Schiano or not - but if he did the Wyoming coach is right. It doesn't matter he's in the Air Force or not.

Reaction Score
Yeah you might want the background. While he was leaving per the rule he decided to go down to buy time for the backup to regroup.

It was after he started off the field that he went down for medical attention. It wasn't he stayed down on the play with an injury and his helmet came off.

I don't know if he pulled a Schiano or not - but if he did the Wyoming coach is right. It doesn't matter he's in the Air Force or not.
Well unless that coach has MRI vision he cannot assume its fake

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well unless that coach has MRI vision he cannot assume its fake

He can make his call and live with the consequences. The play was certainly fishy. He may have been wrong - but guess what he may be right.

Reaction Score
He can make his call and live with the consequences. The play was certainly fishy. He may have been wrong - but guess what he may be right.
Well then I will make my call. He was acting like a little bitch because he lost to Air Force. There were probably a dozen other plays where the team could have controlled their fate better. And yes he should have been more respectful to an Air Force captain. It's not all about drama whaler it's about doing the right thing

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well then I will make my call. He was acting like a little bitch because he lost to Air Force. There were probably a dozen other plays where the team could have controlled their fate better. And yes he should have been more respectful to an Air Force captain. It's not all about drama whaler it's about doing the right thing

But only he has to do the right thing. If the kid faked an injury that gets a pass. If they faked an injury I disagree they deserve respect.

Of course they still could have won - and his outburst was pointless. It does not mean his point was wrong.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Can you say Emmy? Maybe we should fake a couple of injuries.

Reaction Score
i think i also heard him call Troy Calhoun Howdy Doody. Ultimately the coach comes off as an ass, but as long as he did I always appreciate calling someone Howdy Doody as an insult

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
At first I thought it was Addazzio yelling at P cuz his team layed down in OT

Reaction Score
Actually, kinda liked his fire. He acts like this IS really important stuff. When you are trying to break in with the Big Boys (and Air Force is considered better than Wyoming) you can't afford to have those kinds of things work against you.

Reaction Score
I saw reports that the QB went down on orders from some of the assistant coaches.

If you notice the apology, it was directed at the WY fans and University. AFA was (quite deliberately) left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom