WVU about to bow out to LSU | The Boneyard

WVU about to bow out to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
LSU is a better team than what they showed during the regular SEC season. Good for them

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
LSU did this last year. Looked good at home, finished games strong and then.....flopped!

Next up for the tigers, Louisville!!!!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
LSU did this last year. Looked good at home, finished games strong and then.....flopped!

Next up for the tigers, Louisville!!!!

Yep, pumped up for that last home game and now I predict they lay an egg in Louisville. I think WVU made a more exciting matchup for Louisville.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
If you're counting, that is five sec teams in the sweet 16. Not sure there's a better conference in the country.

Oh well you have to hang your hat on something. They haven't had a team in the FF for 5 years. Maybe they will get ONE this year. Maybe.

Reaction Score
The Gamecocks will finish off the ACC on Sunday.

Looking forward to that game. North Carolina is a dangerous opponent being that they are young and finding themselves. As mentioned often on this board, one never knows which Carolina team is going to show up. If the UT Martin Carolina team shows up, then it's all smiles. If today's team shows up, it is going to be a grind. Good luck. I win either way. I root for Ms Staley and have strong, deep roots in North Carolina.

Reaction Score
West Virginia choked. Had a 7 pt lead with 5 to go and lost by 9.

Bussey was killing LSU down low and she got LSU's entire front court with 4 fouls at the under 12 timeout. And they stopped going to her.

I always thought Mike Carey was a good coach. But that was eye brow raising shaky performance down the stretch to say the least.

Reaction Score
West Virginia choked. Had a 7 pt lead with 5 to go and lost by 9.

Bussey was killing LSU down low and she got LSU's entire front court with 4 fouls at the under 12 timeout. And they stopped going to her.

I always thought Mike Carey was a good coach. But that was eye brow raising shaky performance down the stretch to say the least.

Why is there a tendancy here to blame the coach when a team does not perform well? Why not just give the other team credit for playing better? Maybe fatigue was a factor. Maybe LSU packed the paint and denied the ball inside. Maybe West Virginia shot 30% from the field and would have been very fortunate to advance to the next round.

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
If you're counting, that is five sec teams in the sweet 16. Not sure there's a better conference in the country.
They are putting in a good show so far. Much better than I thought they would do.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Just took a look at the brackets. Great job by the SEC teams moving forward.

But let's not use this to say how great the SEC is. They beat a lower seed in every instance except for the LSU upset of WV.

3 Texas A&M beat a 14 and 11 seed.
1 South Carolina beat a 16 and a 9 seed.
1 Tennessee beat 16 and an 8 seed.
3 Kentucky beat a 14 and a 6 seed.
7 LSU beat a 10 and a 2 seed.

Great job not getting upset by a lower seed, but the teams they beat with the exception of WV were pretty weak teams.

They are the higher seed in 3 of the 5 games. Let's see if chalk holds in the EE.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Only South Carolina had to win on the road, all other SEC teams won HOME games. Should win on your home court. Although South Carolina won on the road, they played on a Neutral court. Still the SEC has done well in the tournament so far. Now the fun begins and see if they get any in the F4.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Only South Carolina had to win on the road, all other SEC teams won HOME games. Should win on your home court. Although South Carolina won on the road, they played on a Neutral court. Still the SEC has done well in the tournament so far. Now the fun begins and see if they get any in the F4.
Let's see how many get in the EE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22