Wtic Sports Talk AAC Bids | The Boneyard

Wtic Sports Talk AAC Bids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
4 bids, committee will give the league respect because it's very good and tough, I think Wenzel was the guest. He knows people on the selection committee who will be fair. Whew. What a relief. This explains why we've been losing all of these games, it's not that we've been playing lousy, it's we're in a helluva league. I knew it all along.

Reaction Score
yeah that's it I appreciate Wenzel taking us off the ledge.:eek:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I believe the selection committee will be fair to the AAC when I see the selection committee be fair to the AAC.

Thus far, they have gone out of their way to screw the conference - they're not even hiding it.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I believe the selection committee will be fair to the AAC when I see the selection committee be fair to the AAC.

Thus far, they have gone out of their way to screw the conference - they're not even hiding it.

iirc I don't even think the AAC has anyone on the committee this year either.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I'll believe the AAC will be treated fairly by the NCAA selection commitee when I see flying pigs.

Reaction Score
Wow some people still buy used unwashed t-shirts.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
it's the same committee as last year, 8 out of 10 members returning

two new members, 1 from Ohio and the MAC and the other from Dook and the ACC

I have zero confidence these crooks who have been robbing from the AAC since it's inception will be fair to them this year

That won't change until the AAC has representation on the committee

I guarantee you the ACC won't be complaining this year

Reaction Score
If I was assigning odds:
1 bid- 5%
2 bids- 70%
3 bids- 20%
4 bids- 5%
I think that is right. Two of UConn, Cincy, Tulsa (with the first two in the driver's seat), with an outside shot for the third and some space for either Temple or Houston winning the AAC with UConn/Cincy not crapping themselves.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I think that is right. Two of UConn, Cincy, Tulsa (with the first two in the driver's seat), with an outside shot for the third and some space for either Temple or Houston winning the AAC with UConn/Cincy not crapping themselves.

Will be interesting to see if the conf tournament messes with that. If Houton or whoever wins it, what happens to UCONN?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'll believe the AAC will be treated fairly by the NCAA selection commitee when I see flying pigs.

It will be treated fairly when UConn is out of the league and wherever UConn lands - that league will be the new whipping boy

Reaction Score
Will be interesting to see if the conf tournament messes with that. If Houton or whoever wins it, what happens to UCONN?
Conference schools aren't in competition with one another, so--theoretically--provided UConn and Cincy take care of business--what Houston or Temple does should not affect them. Now, if they're all on the block, then it becomes an issue.

Reaction Score
I know they don't have the best metrics but I'll be hard pressed to see the committee leave out Temple with a 14-4 conference record & at least a share of regular season title....they have Memphis at home & @Tulane so 14-4 seems pretty likely. So let's hope AAC gets at least 3 bids.

I know the story with the selection of the at-large teams that conference record doesn't factor in just overall performance but 14-4 is pretty impressive. I think UConn is in decent shape regardless of Temple but if something wacky happens and it's down to Temple or UConn for the final bid...very close call. I think I'll be rooting for Memphis or Tulane to pull the upset.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know they don't have the best metrics but I'll be hard pressed to see the committee leave out Temple with a 14-4 conference record & at least a share of regular season title....they have Memphis at home & @Tulane so 14-4 seems pretty likely. So let's hope AAC gets at least 3 bids.
Unless Temple gets to the AAC final I cannot see them making it, people on this board will complain about it, but if they took the time to actually look at their metrics they would see they are not a NCAAT team.

Temple's Kenpom is 93, their BPI is 77, RPI is 61, and Sargain is 91 and they have 2 sub 150 losses. That is not a tournament team.

It will be funny/infuriating to see people on this board blame their being left out on the selection committees agenda to "screw the AAC".

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Conference schools aren't in competition with one another, so--theoretically--provided UConn and Cincy take care of business--what Houston or Temple does should not affect them. Now, if they're all on the block, then it becomes an issue.

In general, I'd agree, but given that this is the AAC, I do think there is a soft cap, so to speak, on number of AAC teams in the dance.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
4 in means it would have likely been 5 with SMU. I can't see that happening. AAC is not that good.
I say 2, maybe 3. But there is a lot yet to happen.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
4 in means it would have likely been 5 with SMU. I can't see that happening. AAC is not that good.
I say 2, maybe 3. But there is a lot yet to happen.

Yup, that's why I mentioned that 'soft cap' on AAC bids.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

I know the story with the selection of the at-large teams that conference record doesn't factor in just overall performance but 14-4 is pretty impressive. I think UConn is in decent shape regardless of Temple but if something wacky happens and it's down to Temple or UConn for the final bid...very close call. I think I'll be rooting for Memphis or Tulane to pull the upset.

It's not impressive given unbalanced schedules. They have some key wins, but all their metrics are awful.

Ending with Memphis (~150) and Tulane (~250) won't help either.

I'd say maybe a 5% chance as of now, and an AAC final run a must, pretty much.

Reaction Score
I'll believe the AAC will be treated fairly by the NCAA selection committee when I see flying pigs.
099.gif

Reaction Score
Unless Temple gets to the AAC final I cannot see them making it, people on this board will complain about it, but if they took the time to actually look at their metrics they would see they are not a NCAAT team.

Temple's Kenpom is 93, their BPI is 77, RPI is 61, and Sargain is 91 and they have 2 sub 150 losses. That is not a tournament team.

It will be funny/infuriating to see people on this board blame their being left out on the selection committees agenda to "screw the AAC".

Agree completely. In my mock Temple isn't even in my first four out. They're like 7th or 8th out right now. They need to win out and lose in the championship to have any chance for an at-large.

Reaction Score
What are everyone's thoughts on the OU AD being on the committee? Could that help Cincy and UConn? With those two being linked to the Big 12 most notably?

Reaction Score
Why do you guys care about Temple. They beat us twice. They should get in before us. I think the only way we get in is if we win the tournament.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

It will be even funnier/more infuriating to see the committee explain that Temple got in over us because they beat us twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom