WTF has Warde Manuel been doing | The Boneyard

WTF has Warde Manuel been doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously what has this jackass been doing since being named UConn athletic director. Our basketball recruiting has been crushed for the foreseeable future because he wants to wait until Kevin Ollie fullfills all the obligations on Manuel's check list. We have no good games on our bball and football schedule yet for the next 2 years. We are a school with a ton going for it and remain the one school left in the cold during conference realignment. All I've seen him do so far is travel to Germany and the Bahamas and look fat on my tv screen. I have come to detest this guy in a short amount of time.

Reaction Score
pinksprinkleddonut.jpg

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It's amazing that UConn carried the Big East for a long time during the 90s and early 2000's here they are...last giant standing in the morass that is the Big Least. Someone, somewhere back in time, must have really pissed people off leaving today's leaders holding the bag.

But yes, what has Manuel been doing?

Reaction Score
He is making sure that he is postured to act. From a Cabana in the Carribean.

Reaction Score
He's gone. Dead man walking. Only question is the timing. Someone will take the fall for this, and Susan Herbst isn't going to be the one, despite a sense I at least have, that it falls more on her than him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
He's gone. Dead man walking. Only question is the timing. Someone will take the fall for this, and Susan Herbst isn't going to be the one, despite a sense I at least have, that it falls more on her than him.
I agree with this. I have no faith in Manuel and I don't think he has done a blessed thing to earn his pay since he set foot on campus, but I did believe in Herbst and now I feel that that faith was misplaced. She thought she had the votes and she got played like an outsider in an old boys club. This one is on her imo.

Reaction Score
I learned long ago that if you even slightly question yourself that you've made a bad hire, you're already six months too late. Susan, take action soon on this Warde Manuel. Anyone can make a bad hire, but good managers move quickly to rectify the situation.

Reaction Score
Monitoring the "Situation". No idea if that is the "THE SITUATION" from the show JERSEY SHORE.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Who would have thought that PP may last longer at UConn than Warde?!:eek:

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Warde is kind of like Tom Hagen. He needs to step aside for a wartime AD.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
To be fair, he also looks fat in person.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I am starting to get the feeling that Herbst and Manual had hired HuskyFanDan as their expansion consultant a couple of weeks ago.:(

Reaction Score
He has been reporting to Herbst. I think the casting of her statue at UConn needs to be put on hold. The halo is definitely gone.

Reaction Score
Warde has a daily standing order for 2 dozen donuts hot off the rack. He's been monitoring and monitoring and monitoring.

Reaction Score
OK - I'm now for getting rid of Manuel (still don't think Herbst deserves half the criticism she's getting). But knowing JH well enough, I'm pretty sure he would have found an even more epic way of screwing us. Or maybe he already did and he's just laughing his way to the bank with his severance package.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Most likely he's been doing nothing hoping UCONN gets called to join his Michigan breathren. Not happening.

For some reason, everytime I think of Manuel I have a strange desire to carve a large jack o' lantern. Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom