Wrapping Up Recruiting w/Michael Painter (Director of Player Personnel) | The Boneyard

Wrapping Up Recruiting w/Michael Painter (Director of Player Personnel)

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Nice job. Interesting that they rule athletes out based on social media.

Reaction Score
Not surprised about the social media thing. Kids have to use better judgement nowadays when being recruited

Reaction Score

Something special is being set in place with the recruits we're brunging aboard. This sums it up:

"...That’s why the staff looks for the intangible traits, in addition to their ability on the field. Having the right mindset, portraying leadership, being confident in themsevles and possessing a strong work ethic and a drive towards a goal and success, is paramount.

“Finding a recruit with the characteristics you listed is really necessary for the player to love his experience at UConn,” Painter confirmed. “When the recruiting process reveals that one of our targets lacks one or more of those traits, they are typically deleted as a potential target. Our entire football family embodies those characteristics.”..."

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
They're not the only ones to do this. Kids have had scholarships pulled by big programs based on some of their social media content.
I agree that if a kid is being a meathead on social media then he probably is in real life as well. That said, I made some mistakes as a teen and I was lucky enough that social media was not around back then to record my or my friends' stupidity. I don't think I would have posted anything that I did or witnessed on a social media site. Can't say that others wouldn't have, though.

Reaction Score
Until he changes the ridiculous light gray font color on his website I just can't read anything on it. Murder on the eyes.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I agree that if a kid is being a meathead on social media then he probably is in real life as well. That said, I made some mistakes as a teen and I was lucky enough that social media was not around back then to record my or my friends' stupidity. I don't think I would have posted anything that I did or witnessed on a social media site. Can't say that others wouldn't have, though.
j4E3zjC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99