Wow, this would be cool... | The Boneyard

Wow, this would be cool...

• Thread starter Deleted member 3149
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

Not sure if anyone has brought this up before, but I'm usually on the men's board so give me a free pass. If the ladies win again this year (knock on wood), they will win IN the state of Tennessee, as that will be the FF location. And of course, they'd be passing Tennessee as we all know. How sweet would that be?

Let's break their record on their own turf!!

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Yes, discussed in some detail, but that will be very sweet, if it comes to pass.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
yeah, we know...we are patiently just biding our time..... :)

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone has brought this up before, If the ladies win again this year (knock on wood), they will win IN the state of Tennessee, as that will be the FF location. And of course, they'd be passing Tennessee as we all know.
Yep, been brought up and relished quite a few times.

but I'm usually on the men's board so give me a free pass.
Not likely on here. :cool:

How sweet would that be?
Almost too sweet to imagine. :D

Reaction Score
Let's break their record on their own turf!!

Oh believe me, this is every LV fan's biggest living nightmare. I can't wait to see it go down in person. Hopefully Pat Summitt will be watching courtside so she can give Geno a congratulatory hug after it happens!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Oh believe me, this is every LV fan's biggest living nightmare. I can't wait to see it go down in person. Hopefully Pat Summitt will be watching courtside so she can give Geno a congratulatory hug after it happens!

Actually their biggest nightmare wouldnt be having UCONN win the 2014 championship. It would be having the vols losing in the championship game to UCONN. Highly unlikely it will be UCONN and Tenn in the champ game... perhaps in the final 4.. but not the championship game.

Reaction Score
Actually their biggest nightmare wouldnt be having UCONN win the 2014 championship. It would be having the vols losing in the championship game to UCONN. Highly unlikely it will be UCONN and Tenn in the champ game... perhaps in the final 4.. but not the championship game.
Trust me! When the brackets come out, the only way UConn and Tenn meet is in the FINAL!!

Reaction Score

UConn winning the NC in Nashville wouldn't be a nightmare for LV fans. Living in Knoxville is like living in a Soviet bloc country during the cold war. They would never even hear about it.

The only WBB news they get is channeled through Tennessee resources - how great their 2015 recruiting prospects are and how good a job Holly did with the Lady Vol 3rd place finish in the SEC would be typical stories at final 4 time.

Reaction Score
What about the unlikely matchup of UConn vs Marquette in the final? Then Geno could open up a can of whoopass on Son of Summitt in front of a Tennessee crowd and confirm his title as "Most Hated Man in Tennessee."

That would also be pretty cool.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
How about:

1. Uconn does win a ninth NC in Nashville.

2. Many Uconn alumnae are in attendance, including at minimum the all-time starting five of Sue, D, Maya, Rebecca, and Tina.

3. D finds a way to celebrate a Uconn NC by punching something orange.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Funny thing about all this for me is that I've been invited to give a presentation at UT Knoxville about this time. Can't believe I'm going to enter the Evil Empire and actually give a talk there. So strange....wish I would be able to see a game!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm sure will happen. Pat, and or her handlers are sensitive as to her legacy. It is the smart thing to do. So it may not be particularly sincere but it will happen ...and that will just make it all the sweeter.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That or UConn wins the NC at their turf and Tenn. loses early in the tournament.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That or UConn wins the NC at their turf and Tenn. loses early in the tournament.

Or a UCONN-Duke final, and the vol fans having to root for the Blue Devils :) Actually a UCONN-Vandy final would be a worse nightmare for them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom